You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

I still think that the Maybot will win.

But, it appears to be on a platform of vote for us and well give you all the details of our policies later on, after the election.

After people got their fingers burnt when the £12bn welfare cuts were eventually fleshed out, post the last general election, you'd like to think that the electorate would be more reluctant to vote for vague policies.

Allegedly this is a speech May will give today. It seems they'll go all in on Brexit. I suspect Paxman's blowhard jibe will have pissed on their parade more than they'd have liked.

Still not acknowledging that no deal would be an absolute disaster. Labour need to counter this with a list of the immediate effects of no deal.

RznZhct.jpg

This reads as a list of what they are going to blame on the EU when they fuck it all up after deliberately going for no deal

Half the audience clapping like spastics last night when she repeated no deal is better than a bad deal. Right after she had said public services will go to shit without a deal. The country is truly fucked if that audience was a representation of us.

Watching the Corbyn interview now, what a fucking helmet Paxman is. Comes across as anything but a great interviewer. Just a tedious, rude, bellend.

like most of these people, they just start believing in their own publicity. so he thinks it's his job now to ask questions, assume the answer is shit and just shout across the answer. it's like that bellend peston, thinks he's some type of political hipster. opening his show with phrases like "wotcha". they're all fucking cocks, but what has played into Corbyn's hands in this election is May has treated them all with contempt, which doesn't go well with their ego's and it comes across in their body language. Corbyn, to coin a phrase from Tim Nice But Dim, comes across as a bloody nice chap, so the body language of the interviewer, even paxman is easier on the eye. 

This reads as a list of what they are going to blame on the EU when they fuck it all up after deliberately going for no deal

i can't get the gif to show on my screen. anyone seen it elsewhere? 

like most of these people, they just start believing in their own publicity. so he thinks it's his job now to ask questions, assume the answer is shit and just shout across the answer. it's like that bellend peston, thinks he's some type of political hipster. opening his show with phrases like "wotcha". they're all fucking cocks, but what has played into Corbyn's hands in this election is May has treated them all with contempt, which doesn't go well with their ego's and it comes across in their body language. Corbyn, to coin a phrase from Tim Nice But Dim, comes across as a bloody nice chap, so the body language of the interviewer, even paxman is easier on the eye. 

Yes, in fact the unbelievable abuse he has faced from the media, a large section of the PLP, etc, has basically made him completely immune to cuntery. His smiling in the face of Paxman's twattery was a good move, I think. 

Didn't see it last night as I was watching Aliens but caught up this morning.

I'm Biased because I'd vote for Labour regardless but I think Corbyn impressed more thsn May in the face of the usual boring as fuck Paxman tactics (more on him later) the fact that he was trying to focus on what Corbyn couldn't get into the Manifesto rather than picking apart it's contents also spoke volumes. 

May was staggering by the end of it, at one point the crowd belly laughed at one of her answers which is never good.  Her inability to answer direct questions (or not evade them in a smooth way like Cameron used to do) is going to be her undoing in this election.  I do feel that a tide is turning against her but it might be too little too late to get Labour over the line. 

Just also to add that I hate Paxman on these things.  He's "the big fucking show" in it and focus far too much on the personalities of the nominees.  It's not real housewives, it's real lives which are effected by peoples viewing of such interviews and policies should be the king.  I think we all remember his dissection of Ed Milliband going on about how everyone thought they chose the wrong brother etc.  His bullying, bulldozing tactic which seems to be the only weapon in his arsenal, is old hat now and rarely achieves anything ground breaking because everyone he interviews is fully expecting it. Time for him to be put out to political pasture and stick to University challenge and frolicking about on rivers. 

• Upvote 1

Rumors coming out that Crosby called an emergency meeting this morning, and the new tactic is to push Rudd out in any form of on-screen Q&A or debate, while keeping May well away from any more awkward situations.

Guest Pistonbroke

Joking aren't you, unless the other guests are Peter Crouch and The Undertaker, have you seen her feet.

I haven't gone out of my way to take much attention mate. I'm guessing she has huge feet for a woman, although I use the word "Woman" loosely, she's more like a cyborg. 

Didn't see it last night as I was watching Aliens but caught up this morning.

I'm Biased because I'd vote for Labour regardless but I think Corbyn impressed more thsn May in the face of the usual boring as fuck Paxman tactics (more on him later) the fact that he was trying to focus on what Corbyn couldn't get into the Manifesto rather than picking apart it's contents also spoke volumes. 

May was staggering by the end of it, at one point the crowd belly laughed at one of her answers which is never good.  Her inability to answer direct questions (or not evade them in a smooth way like Cameron used to do) is going to be her undoing in this election.  I do feel that a tide is turning against her but it might be too little too late to get Labour over the line. 

Just also to add that I hate Paxman on these things.  He's "the big fucking show" in it and focus far too much on the personalities of the nominees.  It's not real housewives, it's real lives which are effected by peoples viewing of such interviews and policies should be the king.  I think we all remember his dissection of Ed Milliband going on about how everyone thought they chose the wrong brother etc.  His bullying, bulldozing tactic which seems to be the only weapon in his arsenal, is old hat now and rarely achieves anything ground breaking because everyone he interviews is fully expecting it. Time for him to be put out to political pasture and stick to University challenge and frolicking about on rivers. 

Did you see his interview with Russell Brand?

Was fantastic to see someone take him completely out of his comfort zone.

Guest Pistonbroke

Paxman is just like a dog with a bone if he asks a question without getting a straight answer. If someone goes into replying in depth he just talks over them and moves onto a different question. He's a dick. 

Rumors coming out that Crosby called an emergency meeting this morning, and the new tactic is to push Rudd out in any form of on-screen Q&A or debate, while keeping May well away from any more awkward situations.

She's still got the Question Time leaders special to get through on Friday, no chance she can dodge that. Just a shame it will be Dimbleby controlling the questions.

The one good thing Paxman did last night was to call her a blowhard over her u-turns, she looked like she wanted to be beamed up Star Trek style by Lynton Crosby at that point.

Paxman is just like a dog with a bone if he asks a question without getting a straight answer. If someone goes into replying in depth he just talks over them and moves onto a different question. He's a dick. 

"It's a simple question, why can't you answer it?"

Because its possibly one of the most overly simplified jarg bullshit questions any human has ever asked, asked in such a loaded way that some bare bones of context need to be applied to an answer, you fucking jamook.

• Upvote 1

Because its possibly one of the most overly simplified jarg bullshit questions any human has ever asked, asked in such a loaded way that some bare bones of context need to be applied to an answer, you fucking jamook.

i was a little surprised Corbyn didn't say to him something like "it's a good job you are not running for PM, because it's not a simple question, so how is it a simple answer you fat headed bellend?"

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

He'd have talked over you at this point and moved onto the next question. 

I see the BBC are running with this ('Corbyn struggles on childcare cost') as one of their main stories:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40090520

They truly are a set of noncey, tory bastards.

Top on The Guardian too. They're probably on the attack and trying to divert from May's bad performance yesterday, and Corbyn's good one. Guardian article has no comments available and ends with negativity about online abuse, an old favourite of theirs that they've been using to attack Corbyn for ages now :

Corbyn was also challenged about complaints made by Labour’s female MPs at the height of the tensions over the leadership challenge last summer.

Around 40 MPs, including Angela Eagle who challenged Corbyn for the leadership but later withdrew, wrote to the Labour leader about the online abuse they said they had suffered from his supporters.

“I did everything and I do everything that I possibly can [to stop the abuse],” he said. “Abuse of any sort is totally and absolutely unacceptable. I met Angela and all the women who wrote to me and pointed out what our procedures were, pointed out what the policies of the party were.

“They absolutely did not do it [the abuse] in my name, any abuse is totally unacceptable. I got in touch with people involved in campaigning work to say it was completely unacceptable and wrong.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/30/corbyn-unable-to-give-cost-of-childare-pledge-in-interview

Almost all of the comments on twitter (where this is top trending in the UK, or at least was when I last checked) are negative comments aimed at the BBC interviewer. You can see some of the responses here : https://twitter.com/hashtag/womanshour?src=tren&data_id=tweet%3A869497590630555649

S6HfHrD.png