You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs(a) match thread

LFC 6 Times

Glad we didn't end up buying that thug Alli. His exchange with Firmino was an embarrassment as is his usual behaviour.

He's a bit thuggish, but he's class.. I suppose you don't remember Gerrard when he was his age... Or Roy Keane? Two of the best centre mids to have ever played in the league.

Not the worst result, in hindsight.

Spurs were much better in the second half, but we should've put the game to bed in the first half. The penalty, the non-penalty and the Coutinho miss.

4 points from trips to Spurs and Arsenal isn't too shabby. Just a shame that the Burnley result is a blot.

Going forward, I'd like to see Matip and Lovren play together for the foreseeable future. There looks a potential partnership there.

I think Sturridge could be done. It looks like he's third in the pecking order now. For me, he still looks miles from fitness too. I think we'll see him in home games, but not away.

I wouldn't be against us bringing in a new striker, to be honest.

Milner lost his man for the goal didn't he? I think we should either stick with Moreno or dump him and get a new left back.

Milner lost his man with a bizarre attempt to cut out a pass that was 10 feet over his head, then Lovren (I think?) is beaten by Lamela in the air, he heads it on to Rose who is wide open because Clyne made the wrong decision to go inside, and Mane didn't cover.

So you could really blame about 5 of our players by the time you include Mignolet for not covering his near post and maybe throw Matip in there for not covering it behind him but instead just standing in the middle of the goal for a block that was never going to go there.

My point is that it was a systemic problem rather than a mistake by any one player.  Moreno might have cut out the initial ball or prevented the cross but to be honest, it just as likely would have happened with him in.

He's a bit thuggish, but he's class.. I suppose you don't remember Gerrard when he was his age... Or Roy Keane? Two of the best centre mids to have ever played in the league.

Alli isn't similar to Gerrard or Keane at all. He's a #10 who fancies himself as the hardest man on the pitch. His little act does nothing to help his game like it did for box-to-box warriors like Keane and Gerrard. Alli's a petulant little worm who thinks he's already made it.

• Upvote 1

On the balance of results, 4 points out of those first three fixtures isn't the worst thing in the world. As long as we can kick on when we've got all our players fit and firing.

Would've liked to see Sturridge a lot earlier, and we better pray that Grujic is good to go soon because that midfield has huge flaws.

• Upvote 2

[

He's potentially a very good player, he has a long way to go though. He wasn't very good today.

Coutinho was worse than him today.... Doesn't really say much though does it? Would you have taken him for £5m last season? He's probably already a better player than any of our CMs, maybe with the exception of Can.

We played well for long periods.  Disappointing not to win but its a Bank Holiday weekend.

I plan not to watch anymore football this weekend and spend the next few days either  twatted, in a coma or lying in my own vomit, piss and shit

These millionaire cunts aren't arsed about us... don't spend too much time worrying about the pampered ponces.  Enjoy the weekend

That replay on Sky then had Lallana just level, nothing in it really and the benefit of the doubt should have gone to the attacking side.

It's marginal in slow motion, don't know how the linesman makes that decision with any confidence at full tilt. We haven't been lucky there.

Not a bad performance though but we usually have good games against sides that want to come out and play ourselves.