You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Do you still think we'll win the league next season?

By the same token, may I ask a question of you?

Where do you think we will finish?

Are you willing to say there's no way we will finish higher than sixth next season? And if you think we might go higher than sixth, what's your rationale, given the teams who will have shorter odds than us?

By the same token, may I ask a question of you?

Where do you think we will finish?

Are you willing to say there's no way we will finish higher than sixth next season? And if you think we might go higher than sixth, what's your rationale, given the teams who will have shorter odds than us?

I'm on record in this thread:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/109931-top-4/

I don't really give a fuck whether we finish 5th or 6th.

Delusional.

Check your avatar my friend!

That's Stevie lifting the European Cup in Istanbul. At half time we had no chance, right? Most bookies had it as 100/1 or higher. We're only 9/1 to win the league next season. It's more than ten times more likely than the moment your avatar celebrates.

• Upvote 4

Check your avatar my friend!

That's Stevie lifting the European Cup in Istanbul. At half time we had no chance, right? Most bookies had it as 100/1 or higher. We're only 9/1 to win the league next season. It's more than ten times more likely than the moment your avatar celebrates.

Like I said, delusional.

The top four thread is waiting for your top four teams, including us as champions.

We need a quality central midfielder but they're not easy to come by at the moment, hence utd's willingness to part with £105+million to buy back someone they let go for nothing a few years ago.

Maybe Klopp has weighed up the options and is prepared to wait for Dahoud? No CL, the emergence of Allen and the cost / availability of others means we get by now and buy the players we want later rather than spending stupid money on someone we don't really want and being stuck with him?

We've wasted so much buying 2nd rate it's stupid. Patience and a clear plan is better than panic buying for the sake of it.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but you predicted we would win the league next season about a month ago.

Your opinion has no credibility whatsoever.

Don't think it's fair to criticise fans for being positive, before the season starts.

• Upvote 1

Don't think it's fair to criticise fans for being positive, before the season starts.

It has nothing to do with being positive. It's delusion without any root in reality whatsoever, which I'm sorry to say I can't take seriously.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Personally, I think you're being a bit harsh on the Rev here, Captain.

If you'd said that we'd have a sniff of the league title in pre-season 13/14, I think the men in white coat's would have been ready to cart you off. Likewise if you predicted us to win the European Cup when Rivaldo put Olympiakos 1-0 up at Anfield. Football is littered with mad stuff happening. Hell, we just witnessed Leicester City win the league title by ten points! If the game was played on paper, we'd have all jacked it in a long time ago because there'd be no point.

Admittedly, I'm not in the best place as a red at the minute and that bloody Sevilla result still feels like a kick in the nuts, but my general feeling is that if a fan (not just of Liverpool, but any club) can't feel optimistic in pre-season, then when can they?

• Upvote 3

Personally, I think you're being a bit harsh on the Rev here, Captain.

If you'd said that we'd have a sniff of the league title in pre-season 13/14, I think the men in white coat's would have been ready to cart you off. Likewise if you predicted us to win the European Cup when Rivaldo put Olympiakos 1-0 up at Anfield. Football is littered with mad stuff happening. Hell, we just witnessed Leicester City win the league title by ten points! If the game was played on paper, we'd have all jacked it in a long time ago because there'd be no point.

Admittedly, I'm not in the best place as a red at the minute and that bloody Sevilla result still feels like a kick in the nuts, but my general feeling is that if a fan (not just of Liverpool, but any club) can't feel optimistic in pre-season, then when can they?

Give us a prime Gerrard or Suarez and we're capable of doing, or almost doing, the impossible.

With this lot? Not a fucking hope.

• Upvote 2

Give us a prime Gerrard or Suarez and we're capable of doing, or almost doing, the impossible.

With this lot? Not a fucking hope.

Take Vardy out of half of Leicester's games. Or make Sturridge fire on all cylinders and play the entire season.

I'd have Luis back in a heartbeat even if it meant him losing ten games per season due to suspension, he'd still be our most valuable player.

Take Vardy out of half of Leicester's games. Or make Sturridge fire on all cylinders and play the entire season.

I'd have Luis back in a heartbeat even if it meant him losing ten games per season due to suspension, he'd still be our most valuable player.

I think I'd probably have him back here if he could only play ten games per season.

Well, yeah, I don't disagree, Jairz (re the Suarez and Gerrard point), hence why I said I'm not in the best place at the minute as a red. What I was saying was a more wider point in that I think it's harsh to castigate fans for displaying a shred of optimism and feeling entitled to dream a little before a ball has been kicked. I daresay there isn't a supporter in the land at the minute who doesn't at least have one 'what if?' thought about the season ahead even if it's contrary to what their head is telling them. As I said, it's part of what being a fan is about and you can't lambast someone for it. The thought of Klopp giving it beans with the Premier League trophy in front of the Kop on the final game of the season has crossed my mind once or twice, even though my head is saying it'll be 5th or 6th.

It's not as if the Rev is living in fantasy land- he's backed up his conclusions with some plausible arguments. Whether people agree or disagree with him is their prerogative, but to label him delusional when he's at least shown his workings is harsh. He hasn't exactly predicted Balotelli to win the golden boot playing for us, or for Moreno to suddenly morph into a Spanish Maldini.

Well, yeah, I don't disagree, Jairz (re the Suarez and Gerrard point), hence why I said I'm not in the best place at the minute as a red. What I was saying was a more wider point in that I think it's harsh to castigate fans for displaying a shred of optimism and feeling entitled to dream a little before a ball has been kicked. I daresay there isn't a supporter in the land at the minute who doesn't at least have one 'what if?' thought about the season ahead even if it's contrary to what their head is telling them. As I said, it's part of what being a fan is about and you can't lambast someone for it. The thought of Klopp giving it beans with the Premier League trophy in front of the Kop on the final game of the season has crossed my mind once or twice, even though my head is saying it'll be 5th or 6th.

It's not as if the Rev is living in fantasy land- he's backed up his conclusions with some plausible arguments. Whether people agree or disagree with him is their prerogative, but to label him delusional when he's at least shown his workings is harsh. He hasn't exactly predicted Balotelli to win the golden boot playing for us, or for Moreno to suddenly morph into a Spanish Maldini.

A shred of optimism? Seriously?

He *is* living in fantasy land, he predicted we'd win the league a month ago. Before either we or our opponents had made any signings.

Like I said, pure delusion.

If you'd said that we'd have a sniff of the league title in pre-season 13/14, I think the men in white coat's would have been ready to cart you off.

In 13/14 we had a genius that men in white coats would have been queing up to cart off.