You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Count me in on this. An intelligent and mobile striker with 20+ goals in him could be the difference between 6th to 8th and 1st to 3rd.

Spending 40 million or more on such a player if we can get one is the right thing to do.

That suarez kid at Barcelona looks like he could fill that kind of roll.

I'll just have my one day here then disappear into the night...

Last year, many went batshit about us not spending £35m or £40m or whatever it was on a Brazilian guy who was playing in Russia or Ukraine or wherever, like it was a drop in the ocean and we're getting left behind.

Now we should - or at least "could buy choose not to" - be spending £200k per week on multiple players.

Two hundred thousand pounds per week. Eight hundred thousand pounds per month.

Ten million, four hundred thousand pounds per year.

Multiple times.

Fuck this shit.

To someone who's probably better at football that the players we have, but might not be, actually, when they get here. I certainly don't know as I've not heard of half of them, never mind seen them.

I remember us breaking the transfer record for a defender buying Phil Babb for £4m. I remember us smashing our club transfer record at a similar time paying £8.5m for Stan Collymore.

Neither were much cop, were they?

That wasn't my point, but it's a valid one. My point is that a quid isn't worth a lot more now than it was then. A Mars bar was about 35p, it's something like 59p now most of the time. Let's go crazy and says it's double.

Suddenly, the world needs to be spending £50m on shit defenders like David Luiz, or strikers who've never played for a big club and hardly for their country. £100m for Pogba, who's pretty good on his day but can be up and down. £30m for martial last year when he's barely reached legal drinking age.

Who's paying for it all?

How much does sky cost? Tickets are £50+ with the full day out about £100 at least for many.

Even parking which used to be a quid to a scaly is upwards of a tenner now.

You're paying £4-5 for a pint all over the place now.

Fuck me, all so some cunt who might turn out a bit better than the last cunt can get paid millions.

Fuck it.

• Upvote 1

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 12h12 hours ago

Jurgen Klopp feels that Brad Smith could serve as adequate backup to Alberto Moreno for the season ahead. #lfc (@MelissaReddy_)

Posted Image

That has to be a negotiating position. I can't believe we're not looking to replace the cunt, let alone go into the season with Smith as back up. Is money really that tight?

That has to be a negotiating position. I can't believe we're not looking to replace the cunt, let alone go into the season with Smith as back up. Is money really that tight?

We have no CL you see... You think the likes of Ibrahimovic would even think about going to a club with no CL?! Oh...

Seriously though, there must be 50 left backs in Europe better than Moreno. Surely we can pick one of them up for a reasonable fee? I don't get it at all.

Maybe it's a bluff to get Chilwell to put in a transfer request? He's the only left back that we've been linked with by the Echo.

I've no problem if Klopp is saving money on a replacement fullback to buy Higuain (so similar) and/or Mascherano mkII. A proper defensive midfielder with cover a multitude of defensive frailties.

But if the Moreno/Smith situation is an outcome of tight owners, I'll....I'll....I'll suck it up and support the team anyway.

Fuck sake, I'm used to it now!

Maybe it's a bluff to get Chilwell to put in a transfer request? He's the only left back that we've been linked with by the Echo.

Do transfer requests make a difference anymore? He has 12 months left on his deal, surely that is about the best negotiating position we have? I know there's a potential tribunal fee, but as Danny ings cost us 6.5m, surely it can't be more than that? If they won't bend at that point we need to get on and get someone, we just can't go into the season pinning our hopes to that useless shite Moreno.