You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

On the Can debate, I thought the most encouraging thing about him was the progress made last season. Given it was his first year playing regularly in midfield for us, and also given that he was horribly error prone for the first half of the season, some of his performances later on were really impressive. I would go so far as using the word dominant.

I agree we need to see consistency from him but I'm very hopeful we will get that this year.

I also agree that we need someone much better to play next to him.

Do transfer requests make a difference anymore? He has 12 months left on his deal, surely that is about the best negotiating position we have? I know there's a potential tribunal fee, but as Danny ings cost us 6.5m, surely it can't be more than that? If they won't bend at that point we need to get on and get someone, we just can't go into the season pinning our hopes to that useless shite Moreno.

I'd take Moreno at LB if we sort out our midfield to be honest. The thought of starting the season with our current bunch fills me with dread.

Liverpool's ridiculous midfield evolution in the last 15 years:

Hamann, Gerrard, McAllister, Murphy

Hamann, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko

Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Masherano

Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Lucas

Fast forward to now...

Can, Allen, Henderson, Milner.

I'd take Moreno at LB if we sort out our midfield to be honest. The thought of starting the season with our current bunch fills me with dread.

Liverpool's ridiculous midfield evolution in the last 15 years:

Hamann, Gerrard, McAllister, Murphy

Hamann, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko

Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Masherano

Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Lucas

Fast forward to now...

Can, Allen, Henderson, Milner.

For me a centre mid and left back were essential (and a forward too if I'm honest) . As we have mane and his fee will be cancelled by benteke leaving, there should be plenty of money. We have the new tv money, ibe money, skrtel money and I'm sure more than that. I can't quite get why we're digging around for a kid without hardly a game to his name and a sub from a poor Poland team and still fail to get them. It's like we want to fail.

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 12h12 hours ago

Jurgen Klopp feels that Brad Smith could serve as adequate backup to Alberto Moreno for the season ahead. #lfc (@MelissaReddy_)

LVY2jhM.gif

Great, two players that can't defend duking it out for LB. Fuck me give me a steady eddie Finnan or Babbel type instead of marauding WB's that are shit offensively anyway*

*Smith not so shit in attack as Moreno

Honestly this transfer wimdow has been wank.

We're now missing out on players that arent even that good. Whilst the big clubs in the league sign top quality and cement their place ahead of us for the forseeable future.

We really wasted the last few years with Rodgers. Everyone was shit then, that clown managed to have us even worse

Klopps pissing in the wind with this squad. A squad clearly not good enough.