You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

£300 Million pounds. Rodgers Legacy.

BCM

Klopp will be judged when he brings his own players in and has had at least 1 full pre season to work on the squad, not after 3 months and certainly not with this shower he has been left with.

he should be judged after 3 windows so from next feb on in my opinion. if hes still working for these owners isnt he just a yes man too though?

• Downvote 1

he should be judged after 3 windows so from next feb on in my opinion. if hes still working for these owners isnt he just a yes man too though?

No, personally for the reason i gave above, And i agree with the 3 windows

• Upvote 1

As much as I was glad to see the back of the snake oil salesman, when does Klopp start taking responsibility for what happens on the pitch? Not to mention the shitbag players?

They're an awful bunch of shithouses, but Klopp has to start getting a tune out of them on a consistent basis soon, his reputation practically demands it!

FWIW, I don't think there will be much transfer activity, in or out, this month.

I'll be happy if and when we get to 40 points for starters!

When he actually you know... erm signs a player maybe?

As much as I was glad to see the back of the snake oil salesman, when does Klopp start taking responsibility for what happens on the pitch? Not to mention the shitbag players?

They're an awful bunch of shithouses, but Klopp has to start getting a tune out of them on a consistent basis soon, his reputation practically demands it!

FWIW, I don't think there will be much transfer activity, in or out, this month.

I'll be happy if and when we get to 40 points for starters!

Liverpool's next two games are away to Stoke City in the League Cup semi-final followed by a trip to League Two Exeter City in the FA Cup third round on 8 January.

They then entertain the Gunners on 13 January followed by Manchester United four days later.

"I'm really angry because we could have got so much more," he told BBC Sport after the West Ham defeat.

"But I don't want to talk about what we could have done because we didn't."

The German added: "It was not enough from my team today. The decisive moments were there, but we were not there 100%.

"We could have done much better. We had our moments, we tried, but if you fight at 95 per cent then it's not enough.

"It's my responsibility."

well as luck would have it he was listening.

Liverpool's next two games are away to Stoke City in the League Cup semi-final followed by a trip to League Two Exeter City in the FA Cup third round on 8 January.

They then entertain the Gunners on 13 January followed by Manchester United four days later.

"I'm really angry because we could have got so much more," he told BBC Sport after the West Ham defeat.

"But I don't want to talk about what we could have done because we didn't."

The German added: "It was not enough from my team today. The decisive moments were there, but we were not there 100%.

"We could have done much better. We had our moments, we tried, but if you fight at 95 per cent then it's not enough.

"It's my responsibility."

well as luck would have it he was listening.

Dis he not say we showed "Great Character" ............

She's still got her shit all over the fucking house.

Some of the shit is still useful, some they bought together and she was ecstatic about it at the time, much of it she will have to throw out and replace. She should be focusing on her current relationship and where to get new shit, not going back to the ex all the time blaming him for all her problems. Because she's been going out with some smooth operators even before the ex.

I find the vitriol fucking bizarre. Even if you want to strip him of all credit for overseeing our best league campaign in 25 years, we're no worse off now than before he arrived. In fact we're closer to the top and have a much younger squad. He certainly can't be blamed for the ruin of a club which had just scraped into 8th on goal difference before his arrival and had been firmly established as a team nowhere near the top 4.

I find the vitriol fucking bizarre. Even if you want to strip him of all credit for overseeing our best league campaign in 25 years, we're no worse off now than before he arrived. In fact we're closer to the top and have a much younger squad. He certainly can't be blamed for the ruin of a club which had just scraped into 8th on goal difference before his arrival and had been firmly established as a team nowhere near the top 4.

Got 86 points in 07/08 so thats arguable.  Also we had just won a trophy and reached another final when he arrived and he has never seen a cup final or won a trophy.

Id say the squad he inherited was far better than the one he left also. Infact a lot better

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Got 86 points in 07/08 so thats arguable.  Also we had just won a trophy and reached another final when he arrived and he has never seen a cup final or won a trophy.

Id say the squad he inherited was far better than the one he left also. Infact a lot better

We came closer to winning the league in 2014 than we did in 2009, or any other year since 1990. That's a fact.

Also, beating Cardiff on pens in the league cup final, our only trophy in the 6 years before his arrival, says fuck all about our standing in the division. Would you have expected Cardiff to establish themselves in the top 4 if they had won the shootout? Our status as Premier League also rans who won fuck all was firmly established before Rodgers got here. At worst he merely continued the tradition. You'd think he had done a Moyes and driven a successful side into the ground the way people go on here.

As for the squad, it was bad enough for players like Jay Spearing, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing to be starting the cup finals you're on about and most of the good players in it were well past their prime. A bunch of German, Brazilian, French, Belgian, Spanish and English internationals in their early to mid-20's who were arguably a result at Old Trafford away from finishing 4th last season is no worse a platform to build on than the one Rodgers inherited.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rodgers would sign a player for £20m and then after playing them for a few games, he'd just decide they were shit and drop them all together. I think he was doing what Evans did with Sean Dundee, not playing him because his value would go down. But on an unprecedented scale.

So it ended up like a serial killer storing dead bodies all over his flat desperately trying to keep up the charade, but the stench of Mario was clogging the drains and the other tenants were starting to wonder where the foreign exchange student from upstairs Mr Markovic had disappeared too.

Brilliant

We came closer to winning the league in 2014 than we did in 2009, or any other year since 1990. That's a fact.

Also, beating Cardiff on pens in the league cup final, our only trophy in the 6 years before his arrival, says fuck all about our standing in the division. Would you have expected Cardiff to establish themselves in the top 4 if they had won the shootout? Our status as Premier League also rans who won fuck all was firmly established before Rodgers got here. At worst he merely continued the tradition. You'd think he had done a Moyes and driven a successful side into the ground the way people go on here.

As for the squad, it was bad enough for players like Jay Spearing, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing to be starting the cup finals you're on about and most of the good players in it were well past their prime. A bunch of German, Brazilian, French, Belgian, Spanish and English internationals in their early to mid-20's who were arguably a result at Old Trafford away from finishing 4th last season is no worse a platform to build on than the one Rodgers inherited.

How did we.... We finished second both years and had less points with Suarez in the team. Thats a bloody fact.

The rest is an opinion.

• Upvote 2

How did we.... We finished second both years and had less points with Suarez in the team. Thats a bloody fact.

The rest is an opinion.

we were in control of our own destiny later into the season in 14 than 09 and 02 therefore its the closest ee came to winning it. 09 we were playing catch up from the facts rant followed by drawing with stoke in january and 02 we were hanging onto arsenals coat tails but needed to win every game to do so.

we were top of the league with 2-3 games to go in 14. we ve never been closer. thats one of the big reasons there was so much hatred for rodgers. he took us so high and led us to an almighty crash.

He can be blamed, not as much as those above him but yes, a trophy winning team to no trophies in all those years rodgers had, and best league campaign is debateable, besides theres four competitions we compete in each year, one close shave in one of them is never enough for lfc, he was sacked for a reason because he was ruining us.

we were in control of our own destiny later into the season in 14 than 09 and 02 therefore its the closest ee came to winning it. 09 we were playing catch up from the facts rant followed by drawing with stoke in january and 02 we were hanging onto arsenals coat tails but needed to win every game to do so.

we were top of the league with 2-3 games to go in 14. we ve never been closer. thats one of the big reasons there was so much hatred for rodgers. he took us so high and led us to an almighty crash.

That one effort was a total outlier to all his previous and subsequent work, it can happen where everything just comes together, usually when you put all your eggs in one basket, whether it be wigan in the fa cup but being relegated or middlesborough getting to uefa cup final a few years back or when they reached the two finals and got relegated with ravenelli etc, that freak year aside he has never won anything and when all the stars aligned for him he fudged it due to him being on new ground of being in contention, i actually see gerrard suarez etc having witnessed their prior work is more in keeping with their records than rogers, i mean look where leicester are.

That one effort was a total outlier to all his previous and subsequent work, it can happen where everything just comes together, usually when you put all your eggs in one basket, whether it be wigan in the fa cup but being relegated or middlesborough getting to uefa cup final a few years back or when they reached the two finals and got relegated with ravenelli etc, that freak year aside he has never won anything and when all the stars aligned for him he fudged it due to him being on new ground of being in contention, i actually see gerrard suarez etc having witnessed their prior work is more in keeping with their records than rogers, i mean look where leicester are.

still the closest

still the closest

Mate its clutching at straws, when everyone was raving that season i was insisting the man was a fraud delt a lucky hand, evidenced by us crashing out of every cup at the first opportunity consistently and all our other league finishing places under him, his sunday league tactics and poor eye for a player as well as setting up a shitter albeit more costly defence than the worse days of roy evans, i cant recall him conceding four goals once rodgers got beat four nil about ten times in three years.

I will staple my own penis if rodgers wins a single trophy in his career and post the pics on here, thats how shit he is theres no threat to harm myself its hardly deerhunter cristopher walken here.

We're discussing legacy here so surely an assessment of the squad he's left behind is valid irrespective of how you view Rodger's reign? He isn't solely responsible, the transfer committee are just as culpable. 

We're left with one of the weakest squads I can recall, more so given the gross expenditure. That's £300 million that could have been spent very differently. More troubling is the obviously unbalanced nature of the squad as a result of two differing transfer strategies in play, Rodgers tried to strengthen for the here and now with the transfer committee largely choosing to speculate on the future.

Sadly neither party was actually any good at identifying quality.

Ultimately all managers stand all or far on their recruitment.