You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris shootings

Lee909

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Jailed in 2019 for terrorism, but free and on the streets in 2020. Something has gone wrong there.

I think he was a minor or something. They had their eye on him but didn't think he was capable of organizing an actual attack. They underestimated him.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

I think he was a minor or something. They had their eye on him but didn't think he was capable of organizing an actual attack. They underestimated him.

They seem to underestimate a lot of them. Wasnt one of our terrorists boasting about jihad on the tv for a few years before committing mass murder? 

It's also weird for anyone to deliberately insult and incite a large proportion of the human population just to prove you live in some wonderfully free and fair society, which blatantly isn't true whatsoever. 

Not condoning what happened thereafter in any way but doesn't make the initial actions of the individual and then the leader of the country any less wrong.

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

It's also weird for anyone to deliberately insult and incite a large proportion of the human population just to prove you live in some wonderfully free and fair society, which blatantly isn't true whatsoever. 

Not condoning what happened thereafter in any way but doesn't make the initial actions of the individual and then the leader of the country any less wrong.

Doesn't help when the Turkish president is telling everyone that no European is safe walking the streets because someone called Turkey a cunt. 

8 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Oh do fuck off.  Why should a non-believer adhere to blasphemy laws? People have been beheaded because of cartoons (cartoons they didn’t even fucking draw).  There is no fucking excuse.  Unbelievable. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh do fuck off.  Why should a non-believer adhere to blasphemy laws? People have been beheaded because of cartoons (cartoons they didn’t even fucking draw).  There is no fucking excuse.  Unbelievable. 

I personally don't think we should adhere to blasphemy laws but knowing that maniacs with big fuck off knives and guns capable of doing awful things as a result of it are walking the streets I'd prefer to air on the side of caution. I think one of my best mates fiancé is a massive manipulating possessive cunt and I can't stand the bitch one bit but I won't call her it because of the consequences. 

That teacher had no place pulling out biasphemous cartoons, I mean what was the fucking point? And that mural just screamed shoot us. 

It shouldn't be a thing but it is. 

12 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

You think that teacher in Paris was wrong?

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I do. Personally. He didn't deserve what happened at all. He just shouldn't have done it. 

Why? He was doing it for years. He was teaching freedom of speech and asked those who feel they will be offended to leave the classroom if they want. He didn't force them to look at it.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Why? He was doing it for years. He was teaching freedom of speech and asked those who feel they will be offended to leave the classroom if they want. He didn't force them to look at it.

Here. 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I personally don't think we should adhere to blasphemy laws but knowing that maniacs with big fuck off knives and guns capable of doing awful things as a result of it are walking the streets I'd prefer to air on the side of caution. I think one of my best mates fiancé is a massive manipulating possessive cunt and I can't stand the bitch one bit but I won't call her it because of the consequences. 

That teacher had no place pulling out biasphemous cartoons, I mean what was the fucking point? And that mural just screamed shoot us. 

It shouldn't be a thing but it is. 

He should have known better. If I lived over there and my kid was in his class I would go fucking mad because he is making himself (and the school) a target for maniacs. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Here. 

He should have known better. If I lived over there and my kid was in his class I would go fucking mad because he is making himself (and the school) a target for maniacs. 

That is a way of looking at it, I don't know how regular such lectures are in France, if it is part of a curriculum, then your argument would be, if there are maniacs imposing their will on you, you should give in. Not have sex education in schools etc. All down to evolution and I don't know what.

People should be able to do, say, draw, print what they want in a non muslim country without fear of any repercussions whatsoever, never mind getting their melon sliced off. 

Gonna sound daft this perhaps, but my views on strict Islam have been hardened in the last year or so by watching The Handmaid's Tale. I watch it in horror at some of the shit the women put up with, but then realise there are people living like that in our own towns and cities. Not allowed to read, not allowed to vote, not allowed to speak to strangers or marry who they want. Fuck that. 

People should have the right to worship who they want, but it should stop there. They don't have the right to impose lifestyle restrictions on people. If there's a conflict between a religious law and a national law, the national law should prevail. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

That is a way of looking at it, I don't know how regular such lectures are in France, if it is part of a curriculum, then your argument would be, if there are maniacs imposing their will on you, you should give in. Not have sex education in schools etc. All down to evolution and I don't know what.

We are specifically talking about brandishing cartoons of muhammad aren't we? 

Just now, SasaS said:

Yes, peace be upon him. But it should be a matter of principle, not practicality.

Then why are you bringing sex education into it? The teacher was in the wrong doing that when I'm sure he understood the risks. It's waving a red flag to a bull. Like it or not, thats the state of society right now and I'm sure if you knew he had done that you wouldn't want your kids in his class.

You can bury your head in the sand and scream "freedom of speech" all you like but I prefer living in the real world. The real world that is full of psychotic cunts. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Then why are you bringing sex education into it? The teacher was in the wrong doing that when I'm sure he understood the risks. It's waving a red flag to a bull. Like it or not, thats the state of society right now and I'm sure if you knew he had done that you wouldn't want your kids in his class.

You can bury your head in the sand and scream "freedom of speech" all you like but I prefer living in the real world. The real world that is full of psychotic cunts. 

Because next time someone will attack a school for a different reason, because you are teaching students sex education, or homosexuality or evolution. In the end, everyone with an agenda will be able to scare you into submission. He didn't jump in front of Muslim kids and wave the cartoons in their faces. He announced that cartoons will be shown as part of the lecture with an option to opt out if you find this offensive. The level of imposing your own rules on people who don't have to leave by them, in a country which specifically allows them not to leave by them is unbelievable to me, even before any violence. How dare you, as certain former political child star would undoubtedly say to them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So we have to tailor our behaviour because certain people might murder you if you offend them? Absolutely nonsense. 

Do you think the right wing need anything else other than to say ‘Muslims have been allowed to change our laws because we are scared of them’?  

Sorry but neither of you are getting my point here. 

5 years ago, 2 gunmen stormed and massacred Charlie Hebdo for publishing cartoons of the prophet Muhammad. They should have been able to publish them absolutely but unfortunately we have cunts who take umbrage and kill people over it. It's a fact that these lunatics exist. My point is that whilst he should be able to do it, he was playing with fire. I'd prefer not to do so.

They could have stormed that school and started shooting kids over it for fuck sake. Rico I'm sure you wouldn't want Izzy in his classroom. It's not right at all, its fucking horrible but why take that risk right now? In this climate? 

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sorry but neither of you are getting my point here. 

5 years ago, 2 gunmen stormed and massacred Charlie Hebdo for publishing cartoons of the prophet Muhammad. They should have been able to publish them absolutely but unfortunately we have cunts who take umbrage and kill people over it. It's a fact that these lunatics exist. My point is that whilst he should be able to do it, he was playing with fire. I'd prefer not to do so.

They could have stormed that school and started shooting kids over it for fuck sake. Rico I'm sure you wouldn't want Izzy in his classroom. It's not right at all, its fucking horrible but why take that risk right now? In this climate? 

I get that point, but we (or at least I) don't know how "rogue" was that lecture. He has been doing it every year if I remember correctly.

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I get that point, but we (or at least I) don't know how "rogue" was that lecture. He has been doing it every year if I remember correctly.

I could volley a crocodile in his jaw 4 times in a row and he might not bite but the 5th time he might well rip my fucking leg off then eat me. I'll watch from the sides thanks. 

Just like mass shootings of kids in America are an accepted part of owning guns I think beheadings and a bit of violence is going to have to be accepted part of free speech. 

Anyways, terror alert here raised to highest level. It's fortunate that everyone is going to be in lockdown otherwise there could have been a lot of lives lost. It'll stop all the queues for panic buying big rolls too.