You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris shootings

Lee909

I.S claiming responsibility for the Normandy attack, one of the attackers was jailed for trying to get to Syria apparently.

I just wonder how easy it would of been for one of these to get on the Ferry and try it on over here.

Considering it's never happened, I guess 'not very.'

It's hardly relevant anyway; the worst terrorist atrocity we've had recently was committed by two lads who were born in Leeds, one who was born in Bradford and a Jamaican who'd lived here since he was five.  It's not like we're desperately in need of importing fuckwits.

It's hardly relevant anyway; the worst terrorist atrocity we've had recently was committed by two lads who were born in Leeds, one who was born in Bradford and a Jamaican who'd lived here since he was five.  It's not like we're desperately in need of importing fuckwits.

If only they had something in common. Well, apart from being in the CIA.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, I was ironically referring to Den quoting a crank. I've no doubt the CIA is involved in some murky stuff - but I don't buy into them being behind everything.

Turkish Crackdown Nets Top Generals In NATO's Afghan Force

• PinExt.png

July 26, 2016

Turkey on July 26 widened its crackdown after a failed coup by detaining the top Turkish military generals that are serving as part of NATO forces in Afghanistan.

Turkish media reports said Major General Mehmet Cahit Bakir and Brigadier General Sener Topuc were detained by authorities at Dubai International Airport in the United Arab Emirates on suspicion of having links to the July 15 attempted coup against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Bakir is the commander of Turkey’s task force in Afghanistan.

Topuc is the chief of the Appointment Department for Turkish Land Forces.

Turkey’s state-run Anadolu news agency said their detentions were the result of cooperation between Turkish intelligence and U.A.E. authorities.

Anadolu said the two were being transported to Turkey on July 26.

A spokesman for NATO forces in Afghanistan said on July 26 that “the Turkish contingent continues its mission," without further comment.

Normandy attacker spent time in Geneva prison
  •  
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
JUL 26, 2016 - 21:44
champ-dollon-jpg.jpg

Geneva's Champ-Dollon prison, where one of the attackers at Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray reportedly spent several days before being extradited to France

(Keystone)

One of the individuals who attacked a church in northern France on Tuesday had prior links to terrorist activities and was briefly held in Geneva after having attempted to travel to Syria.

The Tribune de Genève newspaper reported that the man had previously tried twice without success to travel to Syria, once from Geneva airport. During that attempt, the French citizen was stopped in Turkey on his way and sent back to Geneva. There, he was arrested and spent several days in the Champ-Dollon prison before being extradited to France. 

Paris prosecutor François Molins confirmed the report on Tuesday evening.

The individual was one of two attackers shot and killed in the town of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray in Normandy after having stormed into a Catholic church armed with knives, executed a priest and taken several nuns hostage, injuring one seriously.

The Federal Office for Justice confirmed earlier on Tuesday that a French citizen had been arrested and held in Geneva on May 14, 2015 – the date reported by the Tribune de Genève – and later extradited to France. However, justice authorities did not confirm the man’s identity. 

The Islamic State terror group has claimed responsibility for the latest attack in France. 

swissinfo.ch and agencies

If only they had something in common. Well, apart from being in the CIA.

Well they were all cunts.

Personally I don't think extrapolating opinions about 1.6 billion people based on the actions of the most batshit, weak-minded or plain evil of them is especially helpful though.  There's virtually no significant sub-division of humanity that would bear up to scrutiny if that's the way they're going to be judged.

• Upvote 1

It's hardly relevant anyway; the worst terrorist atrocity we've had recently was committed by two lads who were born in Leeds, one who was born in Bradford and a Jamaican who'd lived here since he was five. It's not like we're desperately in need of importing fuckwits.

Ahhhhh so that's how Terrorism threat analysis works? If it hasn't happened yet it's not likely too!

Just wondering how easy it is to get into the country at the moment from the contenant.

I don't travel that much sorry for being concerned, seems we have a Terrorist attack on an almost daily basis in our neighbouring countries at the moment.

I guess if you're determined enough, quite easy really. We have a lot of coastline. However, if you're talking about border controls, having just returned from abroad we had to pass through UK controls on our arrival back here. That was the first time I'd seen that.

However, as we keep saying, if they're determined enough they'll find away. You can't legislate for every eventuality

Ahhhhh so that's how Terrorism threat analysis works? If it hasn't happened yet it's not likely too!

Nope it's not how threat analysis works.  As far as I'm aware threat analysis is a very complex area, relying on extensive communications monitoring through GCHQ (and liaison with the NSA and military intelligence) the vigilance of our border security officers, local police forces and national task forces, the security sevices, etc etc.

And so far they seem to be doing a fairly good job of it, other than missing three lads who had lived their entire lives in the UK and one who had lived here since shortly after potty training, who did some of their terrorist training in the fucking Lake District.  Which strongly suggests, as I said, that the threat (which I don't dispute for a second is real) is far more likely to come from domestic elements.  I'll bet you a pound to a pinch of shit that they are far more concerned with the possibility of domestic terrorists, hence the amount of resources that they decided to focus on the Prevent strategy.

Oh and it's 'to' by the way.  Not 'too'.

Ha ha ha. Forgive me if I thought that PM was you building bridges, you know, with the words 'olive branch'.

Perhaps being mates was a stretch, but I'm pretty sure I'd already told you I didn't like you, that you were a bully and too fond of violence for a 50 odd yr old bloke. You blocked me, I couldn't give a flying fuck and then you contacted me. I completely ignored that, didn't say a word to the lads I have regular contact with (Stig, Dr Nowt, Lifey, RR, Stringers, Champ). You're a fucking drama queen.

Negged for poor observation skills

• Upvote 1

Nope it's not how threat analysis works. As far as I'm aware threat analysis is a very complex area, relying on extensive communications monitoring through GCHQ (and liaison with the NSA and military intelligence) the vigilance of our border security officers, local police forces and national task forces, the security sevices, etc etc.

And so far they seem to be doing a fairly good job of it, other than missing three lads who had lived their entire lives in the UK and one who had lived here since shortly after potty training, who did some of their terrorist training in the fucking Lake District. Which strongly suggests, as I said, that the threat (which I don't dispute for a second is real) is far more likely to come from domestic elements. I'll bet you a pound to a pinch of shit that they are far more concerned with the possibility of domestic terrorists, hence the amount of resources that they decided to focus on the Prevent strategy.

Oh and it's 'to' by the way. Not 'too'.

It probably is more likely to come from a domestic/home grown Terrorist as there is probably more numbers of them over here wanting to do damage.

You don't rule out the threat from abroad though based on this, by your logic French Catholic priests were perfectly safe a couple of days ago.

It probably is more likely to come from a domestic/home grown Terrorist as there is probably more numbers of them over here wanting to do damage.

You don't rule out the threat from abroad though based on this, by your logic French Catholic priests were perfectly safe a couple of days ago.

There's threat from anywhere.

Somebody with ISIS inspired and/or facilitated murderous intent could get into the country in numerous ways, they could sneak into the country illegally in the back of a lorry or enter clandestinely in other ways (using a forged EU passport etc), they could enter legally too using their own passport if they are an EU national without any sort of flashing red lights or profile with intelligence services. Given the ability of IS to radicalise people remotely and via technology, it's entirely possible that they could radicalise an individual who enters the UK by perfectly legal means such as with a visitor/student/work visa, with the radicalisation taking place either before or after they've entered the UK.

Look at Richard Reid, the failed shoe bomber. He wasn't even a Muslim initially. He was convinced to both change his religious beliefs and to take part in a plan which intended to kill people on a mass scale.

That's the inherent problem with groups like IS and Al Qaeda. It's really not a problem that can be eradicated by stricter immigration controls, short of refusing entry to all people with Muslim sounding names and deporting those already here who would fit some arbitrarily determined and stereotypical profile.

That's why we have to put faith in our own and other nations intelligence services and hope that they continue to prevent further atrocities from taking place. But, in any event, our borders are relatively safe anyway. People will enter the country illegally. That's difficult to prevent entirely. But, that there are thousands of people in the Jungle area in Calais who try and fail on a daily basis to get into the UK shows that we're doing somethings right somewhere.

Just read that Islamic terrorism has killed around 400 people in Europe in the past 2 years.

Quite a shocking statistic. Yet, it pales into insignificance when you also read that around the same amount have been killed in Iraq in the past 2-3 weeks.

I can't quite still believe what a mess "we" and "our heroes" helped make of that country.

Putin due to meet with erdogan weds. Im hearing speculation Russia warned Erdogan just in time as its security services picked up radio noise as it was taking place about it all and also possibly scrambled the jets radar as it was about to take erdogans plane out in the middle of the coup attempt. They failed to detaine/kill him and the cia/nato plot failed.

Im also hearing chatter that the nuclear armed nato member with the nukes placed inside a us base there, that spooks are worried that erdogan may agree to take turkey out of nato. This could really escalate, the us has failed to take syria from russian spere of influence due to the wests guys isis and alnusras getting massacred by russian jets but now the usa faces losing a massive strategic nation and centre of many operations from their main trades of exporting drugs and terrorism.

It was a nato coup remember, so why would erdogan stay in nato now, indeed his top nato generals are all being hung upside down by the balls in some prison turkey leaving nato is now the most logical thing, unless the USA can take him out soon but the turkish people wont have that so its a wonder what the west can do. Indeed Russia bombed a UK/US base that was housing/training/recovering Al nusra/isis people, in the last week it didnt know as the west refuses to share air co ordinates that it was a uk/us base.

Its been kept quiet because its not good to have people asking questions about what a us/uk base is doing housing these people but alas.

This is just demostrating what a critical situation we have regards ww3, but i look out the window and theres all these mongs walking round staring at their phones playing rayman go or whatever the sad soon to be wiped out bastads.

In the meantime those that think Im chatting shit enjoy your milgram pigeon lives trying to explain whats going on right now in the world, my predictions are always accurate enough, I said last week they will be targetting kids this week these cia gladios operating right now, the goal is to weaken the eu, reduce co operation between european states, to weaken it financially which began with wall street dropping greece with the old one two and to terrorise its populace they want le pen in france in charge get rid of merkel, they want more fascism more reduced rights less goood out of the eu, why because they want you to accept ttip and you keeping your head up high is preventing you taking our shitty US plastic goods and infected foodstuffs and monsanto gm egg custards etc, now you need to be brought to your knees and come back begging for ttip mr europe if that takes our cia death squad tool then you can have that with fries.

Divide and conker.

The only thing that stops these bastards is the wide circulation of what they are upto, thats what stopped the turkey coup and now has turned the toast on them early warning mosque system isnt available here. We have to understand ISIS/AL QEADA is CIA and why they have created them and how they serve them.

There's threat from anywhere.

Somebody with ISIS inspired and/or facilitated murderous intent could get into the country in numerous ways, they could sneak into the country illegally in the back of a lorry or enter clandestinely in other ways (using a forged EU passport etc), they could enter legally too using their own passport if they are an EU national without any sort of flashing red lights or profile with intelligence services. Given the ability of IS to radicalise people remotely and via technology, it's entirely possible that they could radicalise an individual who enters the UK by perfectly legal means such as with a visitor/student/work visa, with the radicalisation taking place either before or after they've entered the UK.

Look at Richard Reid, the failed shoe bomber. He wasn't even a Muslim initially. He was convinced to both change his religious beliefs and to take part in a plan which intended to kill people on a mass scale.

That's the inherent problem with groups like IS and Al Qaeda. It's really not a problem that can be eradicated by stricter immigration controls, short of refusing entry to all people with Muslim sounding names and deporting those already here who would fit some arbitrarily determined and stereotypical profile.

That's why we have to put faith in our own and other nations intelligence services and hope that they continue to prevent further atrocities from taking place. But, in any event, our borders are relatively safe anyway. People will enter the country illegally. That's difficult to prevent entirely. But, that there are thousands of people in the Jungle area in Calais who try and fail on a daily basis to get into the UK shows that we're doing somethings right somewhere.

Thank you for clearing all that up mate!

What's all this stuff about Dennis working for the Queen Rico?

He works for the Queen.

The biggest baddest revolutionary you've even known, privy to inside info from all the major intelligence services works for the Queen. Funny isn't it?

• Downvote 1

He works for the Queen.

The biggest baddest revolutionary you've even known, privy to inside info from all the major intelligence services works for the Queen. Funny isn't it?

On reflection that may not go far enough - he works protecting the Queen's stuff - from revolutionaries.

• Downvote 1