You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris shootings

Lee909

Not having a pop mate. But if you mean the middle east, it's been a festering pit of sectarian and religious violence since biblical times. So has Europe now I think of it, but then those Arabs never bothered us. Oh wait, there was the Moorish invasions...and the crusades.

What was my point again?

I think the point is that anyone who thinks there is anything we can do to confine this disease to the Middle East is dreaming.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Won't happen.  Too many vested interests - arms, oil, infrastructure companies in the US, UK and the rest of the west have too much to lose.  Corporations decide foreign policy - but hey, as long as Cameron and Osborne do ok out of it, we'll just have to suck this shit up.  

You're right it won't happen so the depressing reality is that we will see an increased military response and a restriction of liberties at home.

I am not sure anyone does ok out of it mate least of all the poor bastards that went for a night out in Paris and were executed by a bunch of twisted cunts,

What a horrible world we live in. T'was ever thus.

I refuse to believe that mate. There were a handful of evil cunts slaughtering innocent people tonight but I'd say hundreds of others doing good - from people opening their doors to strangers, cabbies giving people lifts home for free, doctors and nurses saving lives and treating the injured, strangers comforting each other etc. The evil people want to create divisions and despair, fear and anger. I say fuck 'em. Look around. All people are flawed, but generally the vast majority would put out a helping hand if and when required.

• Upvote 16

To mention first : clearly this is really sad news.

Next : setting a refugee camp on fire is proof that the absolute fucking idiots in France right now aren't just the terrorists.

And finally : rico and strontium being sarcastic about muslims and the u.s., huge surprise. I noticed you both being sarcastic about the creators of ISIS being Israel and the CIA too. Well, those two posts could prove to be highly ironic in the future.

• Upvote 1

158 people dead so far and people are more arsed about a migrant camp being set on fire!

Just incase this was even slightly the result of what I said : was just pointing out the absolute fucking idiocy of some people when I mentioned the camp. I think I also saw some reporting of the actual camp that could be on fire not so long ago, and I thought it was great that they'd managed to set that up in the chaos that surrounds them. So to see that boneheads have probably trashed it now "becuz muslims" wound me up a fair bit.

Thanks for confirming that you were wrong, and that my comment was aimed at Islam, the religion, and not Muslims, the people.

Tosser.

If you care so much about Muslims the people, maybe try choosing wiser comments to start with in threads like this instead of the one of yours that I quoted.

• Upvote 1