You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

What I find so refreshing is that he watches the same game as the rest of us, he described the 90 minutes I watched. Half the time I didn't know what game Rodgers was talking about, it certainly wasn't same one I witnessed.

He also clearly knows what the problem is, it'll take him time but he'll get us there.

• Upvote 3

Klopp on Matip: "There is nothing to say about it. If and when something is fixed you will be the first to know."

Klopp on first 100 days in charge of #LFC: "This isn't the time to think about these things too much. We have a very important game v Utd."

Klopp: "We could have done better, we could have done worse. Some great moments and some average moments."

Klopp: "We could have done better, we could have done worse. Some great moments and some average moments."

Klopp on Van Gaal: "He is one of the most successful managers in the world. He has a special idea of football & you have to respect this."

Klopp on style: "First of all I am a football fan. I like to be entertained. You need to play football that people want to talk about."

Klopp: "I like football because of the moments you can enjoy. It's our job to try to do it as often as possible."

Klopp: "Sunday is important for the table because we are close together. Both teams need the points. Derbies are the salt in the soup."

Klopp: "I had really good moments with Sir Alex. It was an honour to talk with him. Maybe he's greatest ever - the John Lennon of football."

Klopp: "It's a special game for me and for the club. I enjoyed the atmosphere v Arsenal but I think we can do better."

Klopp: "Everyone who was in the stadium on Wednesday, if he/she could get tickets again, do it again."

Klopp: "I don't think (difference in styles with Utd) is too important. It's a different idea of football but both want to be successful."

Klopp: "We are different characters. He (van Gaal) is more experienced. Maybe I'm more lively on touchline than him."

Klopp on Firmino: "Everyone needs time. Sometimes we couldn't change when we wanted. He's in good moment. He's not just a big team player."

Klopp: "Henderson okay, Ibe okay, Sakho okay. Kolo is still in the ice bath. No update on Sturridge."

Klopp is asked any idea when Sturridge will be back. "No." Lovren out for weekend

Klopp on return of loan players: "Not all of them will have matches in PL season but we want to take the rush out of their development."

Klopp: "They (Loan Players) have the potential but potential is not only thing. It is the performance you can make in front of 80,000 eyes."

• Upvote 3

Jesus, that Lennon comment is a bit naive.

I couldn't care less about that. Ferguson is a cunt but he is one of the greater ever managers. That's certainly how he's perceived globally. Maybe it's a bit naive but that's part of his appeal for me. He just says it like it is. What would you want him to say...'Ferguson is a shite manager and a total cunt. I hated speaking to him'.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't care less about that. Ferguson is a cunt but he is one of the greater ever managers. That's certainly how he's perceived globally. Maybe it's a bit naive but that's part of his appeal for me. He just says it like it is. What would you want him to say...'Ferguson is a shite manager and a total cunt. I hated speaking to him'.

Praise him by all means, it's petty to do otherwise. But to be sat in front to LFC TV and use Lennon as the comparison just seems like it has the potential to rub a lot of people up the wrong way.

I can't honestly say I care as I'm not scouse. I'm from Northern Ireland so don't have any great pride in the Beatles as they are nothing to do with me or my culture, upbringing, family etc. Maybe I'm being naive in thinking it would bother people in Liverpool.

Praise him by all means, it's petty to do otherwise. But to be sat in front to LFC TV and use Lennon as the comparison just seems like it has the potential to rub a lot of people up the wrong way.

I can't honestly say I care as I'm not scouse. I'm from Northern Ireland so don't have any great pride in the Beatles as they are nothing to do with me or my culture, upbringing, family etc. Maybe I'm being naive in thinking it would bother people in Liverpool.

only if you decide to let it.  No doubt there will be people spending great energy on getting offended by it - energy that could far more productively be expended by doing the dishes or emptying the washing machine.  

• Upvote 3

You're probably right. It will rub people up the wrong way. In my opinion though, it's pretty daft to get pissed off about something like that.