You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

Tony Barrett interview here.

Says the transfer commitee wasn't working because was at complete loggerheads with Rodgers. Hence expensive buys not getting played (Sakho, Markovic etc) as they weren't his.

Also as above mentions it should have been obvious what was going on when Sakho got a new deal when Brendan was trying to bomb him out.

TBH with the players TB lists in that interview the xfer committees offerings were better.

Interesting listening that..

I think it's surprised everyone.

It bear all the hallmarks of competence. Looking at how swiftly it was done, how few in the media had Rodgers in real trouble, and the possibility of Klopp makes it all seem slightly unreal.

Considering that, it makes me wonder if at least some of that money wasn't spent without consideration of potential managerial targets. Some have already highlighted that Klopp supposedly liked Firmino, so that might explain the committee's bartering with Rodgers over his signing.

I wouldn't be surprised Klopp had a say in who came in, if alls to be believed about it already being a done deal and possibly knowing in the summer he was coming here now.

Firmino looks like a Klopp type forward, Clyne also. Benteke is a powerful mobile target man, also what Klopp seemingly likes.

The Sakho situation now, with hindsight, looks obvious that someone else was coming in, I mean if you've got a manager who says he's surplus to requirements and rarely plays him then you'd sell him and reinvest in someone who is wanted, especially when you'd more than likely get back what you paid for him. If someone has spoken to Klopp beforehand and asked if he wanted to keep Sakho and he said yes, then in all probability the board have given Sakho the assurances that Rodgers won't be here long term and that Klopp will be and wants to keep you.

Didi Hamman has just come on Ssn,and he said that Klopp will assess the squad and if he feels that it's not up to the job then he won't come.He said that Klopp does'nt give excuses like after three months saying that they wer'nt fit enough etc,he'll weigh it up before he comes.

Didi Hamman has just come on Ssn,and he said that Klopp will assess the squad and if he feels that it's not up to the job then he won't come.He said that Klopp does'nt give excuses like after three months saying that they wer'nt fit enough etc,he'll weigh it up before he comes.

Ah well, next....

• Upvote 1

I find this all a little too good to be true. Most of us wanted Rodgers gone, and the BBC caption for todays rolling news is "Latest developments and reaction to Jurgen Klopp's imminent Liverpool arrival, Messi tax charges dropped, social media and more."

Is it actually going to fucking happen? Surely not!

I totally believe that Klopp will be here by Saturday , but then again I also believed my VW car was tickety boo

It still is. It's just that it chain-smokes woodbines in private while wearing a nicotine patch and pretending to be giving up in public.