You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

The cunts need to back him properly in the summer. We have two wealthier rivals who have had shit seasons and will replace their managers. We need to take this opportunity and put distance between us and them as well as Spurs.

We have the manager and the makings of a very good team. We've failed to take advantage of things going our way in the past. We need to now.

To much jingoism in trying to look for something that isn't there. FSG are doing ok - they're not setting the world alight, but they're not taking us to the brink of administration either. All football fans think 'their' owners should do more and could be better and we're no different, as we are no different from any other fans, we're about as bang average as our owners. 

Big fucking summer coming up for FSG. Big money coming in all over the place. TV, European Cup run, Europe next season, Coutinho money... lets blow the fucking doors off. Or pass it on to someone who will.

Would love to be proven wrong but I still reckon the 'coutinho money' was spent on VVD and AOC.

No real way of knowing though is there - and the 'argument' can and probably will still remain after the summer unless we spend about 200m net this summer....

• Upvote 2

Would love to be proven wrong but I still reckon the 'coutinho money' was spent on VVD and AOC.

No real way of knowing though is there - and the 'argument' can and probably will still remain after the summer unless we spend about 200m net this summer....

I think some of it must have been, knowing it would come definitely influenced the decision to go for AOC (similarly to Suarez money, without which I don't think we would have spent 20 mil. on Marković) and probably to go to all out on VVD. I still think that Salah, Keita and VVD moves were budgeted without Coutinho, in their initial valuations. We will soon see.

I think some of it must have been, knowing it would come definitely influenced the decision to go for AOC (similarly to Suarez money, without which I don't think we would have spent 20 mil. on Marković) and probably to go to all out on VVD. I still think that Salah, Keita and VVD moves were budgeted without Coutinho, in their initial valuations. We will soon see.

I don’t think the arguments will be settled that easily. Klopp might only want to sign two or three more players (on top of Keita). We do that for 100 million net, then people still bang on about the Champions League money, the full Coutinho money, why the fuck is Moreno still here, the thieving American bastards, etc.

If in the unlikely event we spend 300 million and it’ll be, they only spent that because they’re planning on selling Salah for 150 million to Madrid, thieving yank bastards, etc.

And those opinions wouldn’t necessarily be wrong.

I'd snap your hand off right now for £100m net. This is what I think every time someone gets carried away thinking we're gonna have loads to spend this summer. They don't do that.

I think at the very least VVD was financed with the Coutinho money. The way we suddenly made a u-turn and gave Southampton what they wanted days before the January window opened, the same money we refused to pay in the summer, tells me they knew Coutinho is gone and what do you know, he was gone a week later.

This is just me though and I could be wrong. We'll see. I think we'll spend this summer but nowhere near the figures people are coming up with and come August we will still have spent far less than our rivals.

• Upvote 1