You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

22 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

????.

I told you i know farage wants to privatise the nhs so once again i ask  what is your point?

Obviously that offering Brexit as a solution to NHS privatisation is a bit misguided.

1 minute ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I think you must have meant to reply to a different post.

No, I wanted to expand on your points and contribute to moving away from the deja vu debate toward discussing the EU election aftermath.

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Obviously that offering Brexit as a solution to NHS privatisation is a bit misguided.

But i didnt offer brexit as a solution to nhs privatisation.  Where have i said that? 

So i still fail to see your point.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

But i didnt offer brexit as a solution to nhs privatisation.  Where have i said that? 

So i still fail to see your point.

It was you who brought up the NHS to this discussion this morning no?

My take, for what it is worth; 

Labour will move towards a Second Referendum during the Tory leadership campaign. The leading Tories have already said No Deal is on the table and last night will harden their resolve. Labour has said repeatedly they will not accept No Deal.

We will get to a point where parliament does not want No Deal but the Prime Minister is pushing for it as the legal option. 

No matter what they say the Tories will not pass a no confidence vote to bring their own government down. This means parliament will face the option of No Deal or Revoke Article 50, which the SNP and LD will be calling for. 

Labour will then try to sell the Second Referendum as the more democratic option of going to the people rather than parliament overturning the 2016 result. 

46 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-belgium-protests/brussels-police-arrest-hundreds-in-yellow-vest-riot-idUKKBN1O70OJ

You wont see the above on the bbc.

Should send angry over there to stop it like a modern day nevile chamberlin waving a peice of paper saying the eu brings peace and love to its people.

I've seen bigger protests in the UK that don't make it onto the BBC.

Are you complaining about the EU not interfering in Belgian affairs, the same way you complain about them not interfering in UK affairs?

10 hours ago, Boss said:

31yd2b.jpg

31yd3m.jpg

Yeah, 35% of a 38% turnout voted for Brexit. That's about 12% of the electorate. 

This is their high point... it's down from here

Oh, and 44% voted for an explicitly remain party

PS Look at the state of those cunts.. I'd happily take a cricket bat on a short and interesting journey to Farage's face

22 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Bang on. 

Corbyn imo will get on the board the referendum train fairly soon. Labour do not need a leadership election right now.

He's already tweeted that the Government have to go back to the people, either in a GE or a public vote. McDonnell is also talking up a second referendum today.

9 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He's already tweeted that the Government have to go back to the people, either in a GE or a public vote. McDonnell is also talking up a second referendum today.

If they'd have explicitly endorsed a 2nd ref they would have beaten the Brexit Party imo

Glad they're finally doing it and I agree with the Paul Mason article

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Here the nhs link i posted feel free to agree/disagree/comment/disucss.

Numero, jarz, angry and the rest of the luvvies wont dare raise a voice against their masters 

https://corporateeurope.org/en/power-lobbies/2017/06/creeping-privatisation-healthcare

OK, I'll respond (for the benefit of anyone who isn't as dense as a Boxing Day turd).

The EU is not  fundamentally, inherently and irretrievably committed to neoliberalism, privatisation and austerity.  For half of its history, it promoted a "kinder, gentler" Capitalism, with a lot more room for workers' rights, public spending, environmental protection, etc. In recent years, there has been a  (UK-led) move towards more neoliberal policies.  Despite this, there are still plenty of left-wing MEPs and other left-leaning politicians in the EU; enough to allow, for example, Portugal to overturn austerity. This week, there was even a chance  (maybe an outside chance, but a chance nonetheless) to elect enough Left and Left-ish MEPs to take control of the European Parliament and, in turn, to replace the President of the Commission with someone prepared to roll back neoliberal and austerity.  That chance has gone, thanks to the strong showing of the right-wingers and nationalist-populists who you relentlessly cheer. Well done. 

There. I've responded. Now you can stop posting that link and get back to posting Kinnock/Warsi, Bob Crow, old youth unemployment stats and the rest of your limited repertoire. 

20 minutes ago, Boss said:

Labour didn't destroy itself by not backing a second referendum. Labour destroyed itself by ignoring the result of the referendum and blockading Brexit at every turn. 

That party that destroyed itself is  (according to the latest polls) favourite to win the next General Election. 

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, it was a disaster. Nice to see you taking it so well, once again putting party above country. 

There are now loads more Remain MEPs, I'd say that's great for the country.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

There are now loads more Remain MEPs, I'd say that's great for the country.

And what will it achieve? Considering both the Brexit party were the overwhelming victors and that the remain MEPs can do fuck all and will be out of a job soon, how is it good for the country and what will happen that improves the country? 

You’re buoyant because our ‘team’ scored a goal. Evertonian behaviour. You don’t have to win to be a winner, because you finished a bit higher.