You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has Ayre gone? anyone know?

Marko121

Based on our signings, results and the fact we have fallen well behind  our rivals in current standings I have jumped to the conclusion he is fucking useless.

Don't worry magicrat you are not alone.  Plenty of other people are holding him accountable for things they have no clue to whether he has any influence or control over as well.

We spend top four/five money consistently and have finished there once in his time running the place. We've been bombed off the radar in European competition. Yay donuts though.

Exactly my point.  What if his job is literally to increase revenue and make those sponsorship deals?  He could actually be shit at those as well for all I or you know.  My point is he seems to be held accountable for a lot of shit simply because people are pissed off and they don't like the look of him. 

You are holding him accountable for the players we've signed, the money we've paid for them and the subsequent position that has left us in.  Nobody knows how much if any input Ayre has into any of that.

Exactly my point.  What if his job is literally to increase revenue and make those sponsorship deals?  He could actually be shit at those as well for all I or you know.  My point is he seems to be held accountable for a lot of shit simply because people are pissed off and they don't like the look of him. 

You are holding him accountable for the players we've signed, the money we've paid for them and the subsequent position that has left us in.  Nobody knows how much if any input Ayre has into any of that.

Is he not on the transfer committee? No way he's a scout or giving the final say on player ability.

The Guest there making sweeping statements. What do you know?

For all you know i'm typing this from your maa's.

Tell her I'll drop the lawnmower off later. 

I don't know anything either but I'd be interested to see if you or anyone else has actually got a decent argument for sacking Ayre other than he rides a bike, talks like a tit and once sat on Robbie Fowler's shoulders.

I know that John Henry had to ring one chairman and apologise for Ayre, and that Werner had to fly over and beg another not to report us for tapping up after their press officer had been highly critical of him during a transfer window.

• Upvote 2

I'm still of the view that everyone is just assuming things with regards to Ayre.  He made a bit of a divvy of himself on the documentary and it's gone on from there.

Nobody on here has a clue how good or bad he is at his job.

He's the CEO, and whilst many aren't privy to his day to day tasks, they are privy to matters of public record, by which he stands or falls:

1) Football Performance

2) Club Finances

3) Public Relations

None are particularly stellar.

Is he not on the transfer committee? No way he's a scout or giving the final say on player ability.

You tell me?  I'd assume he is on the transfer committee but just like Rodgers and anyone else on it only they and FSG will know fully know who is responsible for what.  He might just be there to tell FSG who is responsible for what and what went on.  He might be there to tell them how much they can spend on each player.  He might even be there giving his views on which ones they are allowed to go for or not.  Nobody has a fucking clue.  You would hope that a non-football man like Ayre wouldn't have anything to do with valuing players but that's not my point/

I'm not here saying he's done a good job.  I'm saying the people laughing at him and the club for not sacking him or demanding he be sacked are doing it based on a lot of assumptiopns that are completely baseless.

Some people are just assuming we've been bummed for buying players because Ayre is shit at negotiating.  Nobody has a fucking clue how good or bad he is.

I know that John Henry had to ring one chairman and apologise for Ayre, and that Werner had to fly over and beg another not to report us for tapping up after their press officer had been highly critical of him during a transfer window.

Do you "know" that?  Or have you just been told by somebody else who "knew" that?  I'm genuinely interested in where you've heard this and who those clubs and people were? 

In terms of "begging another not to report us for tapping up" that sounds pretty laughable cab driver bollcoks.  Why the fuck would the club beg a chariman/club to not report us for tapping up?  If a club were that pissed off they would just do it.  Secondly tapping up quite clearly goes on all the fucking time anyway and when was the last time something happened to a club of our stature for tapping up?

That line alone makes teh rest of your post questionable.

I cant quote but Guest....

He can't negotiate, he looks like Aspas' arl-fella, his name is Ian, he gets his arse licked by trannies, the dunkin donuts deal, our kits are shit, his hairline.

1.  You don't know that. 

2.  Aspas' dad is surely more flid like.

3.  Bounce ball.

4.  Each to their own.

5.  I like donuts.

6.  I prefer Adidas but money talks.

7.  Rafa's was worse.

He's been MD for a while now, he's at least partially responsible for our decline.