You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Taking the piss in Dubai

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. Apologies if so.

So after one of the worst results in the club's history, and a pathetic season to boot. Our lads have jetted out to Dubai and are quite happy to be filmed doing a stupid dance/song about Toure as he's signed a new contract for some strange reason. What the fuck.

Seriously?

The day we scattered my mum's ashes, a few hours later my brother and I "were happy to be filmed" dicking about and singing drunkenly with tea-cosies on our heads.

Three days after a horrible match - and when they've got no more football to prepare for - the players were singing a daft song, en route to a pre-arranged trip abroad.

I don't want them to start next season still sulking about Stoke.  I want them to get that shit out of their systems as quickly as they can.  If going to Dubai helps, then I'm all for it.

• Upvote 5

Have to agree, if the hierarchy isn't arsed about anything apart from mid-table profit why are their employees going to be bothered about how the season has gone?

Really - would nothing short of 12 months of  sackcloth-and-ashes penance and mourning convince you that the players actually do give a shit about how they've underachieved?

They need to scrape the shit of 2014/15 off their feet long before the new season starts.  The trip should help them to do that.  Just because they dare to have a moment of fun on that trip, doesn't mean they don't care about last season.

That's because you are a fan, we're still hurting but they walk off that pitch and clock off. They still get their obscene wage, they still get in to their flashy sports car, go home to their model wives and girlfriends and to their mansions. Or in this case first class to a luxurious hotel in Dubai. 

You have to stop thinking of them as fans, they're employees and they don't live in the real world. They will tell you that they feel the hurt but they don't. There's not a single one of them now that wouldn't walk away if the right offer came in. I love Liverpool FC but its employees can all get to fuck. 

Or maybe it's part of a necessary professional detachment.

If a goalkeeper fucks up and concedes a soft goal, the fans can be angry and obsessed by it for as long as they need to - the keeper has to forget it immediately and prepare himself for the rest of the game.

If a team plays badly and gets beaten, again, the fans have the luxury of moping.  The players have to put it behind them and get in the right frame of mind for the next game.

If a team has a disappointing season... well, you can see where I'm going with this.

Can someone please explain this to me? I thought it was SG's video that was on SSN but apparently it's not. Who is it singing, who do they want out of toxteth and who is the paedo?

The singers here present are (one presumes) Newcastle fans.

Fuck off, Adam Johnson

You're going down for noncin'

You're a paedophile

You're a paedophile

Why is it?

Because with two exceptions - namely Flanagan and arguably Skrtel - the single biggest factor in the squad having any connection to Liverpool is that we agreed to pay them more anybody else. When somebody else agrees to pay them more, or they deem it more prudent or pragmatic to play elsewhere, they will leave and never give it a second thought, aside from meaningless platitudes.

You can't compare a mercenary connection like that to people spending their entire lives, thousands of their limited pounds, who follow the team all over Europe and worked tirelessly to help save the club in 2011.

• Upvote 3

Guest davelfc

Or maybe it's part of a necessary professional detachment.

If a goalkeeper fucks up and concedes a soft goal, the fans can be angry and obsessed by it for as long as they need to - the keeper has to forget it immediately and prepare himself for the rest of the game.

If a team plays badly and gets beaten, again, the fans have the luxury of moping.  The players have to put it behind them and get in the right frame of mind for the next game.

If a team has a disappointing season... well, you can see where I'm going with this.

Absolutely, my point was that we care and they don't, so stop being surprised by this. While we amuse ourselves with this they'll just buy a new sports car and a watch that costs more than most earn in a year.

Happy days

• Upvote 1

Because with two exceptions - namely Flanagan and arguably Skrtel - the single biggest factor in the squad having any connection to Liverpool is that we agreed to pay them more anybody else. When somebody else agrees to pay them more, or they deem it more prudent or pragmatic to play elsewhere, they will leave and never give it a second thought, aside from meaningless platitudes.

You can't compare a mercenary connection like that to people spending their entire lives, thousands of their limited pounds, who follow the team all over Europe and worked tirelessly to help save the club in 2011.

Sorry, why have you decided that professional pride is suddenly a synonym for pride for a specific club? 

I could just as easily ask you how you can compare someone spending their whole life from a child aiming to try and play football, shunning all sorts of other distractions, to get to the top level of his sport with some lad who goes to watch the game every now and again. Why does moving clubs mean that you don't suffer worse than the fans when you lose? If the club gets relegated the fans aren't going to have to take a pay cut. The fans aren't going to have to move to another city when you play badly and get sold against your will. The fans aren't going to have to go and do fitness training on their own and get called out in the press by their manager because you won't fuck off somewhere else that the club wants you to because you've lost all your confidence and are playing like shite.

You know when you see some players crying on the pitch after losing a final or going down, that's because they pour their life into it. They aren't all money-grabbing twats that couldn't give a fuck, it's a ridiculous simplistic view to say they are. Loads of them care. They care more than loads of fans do. Using a tiny minority of the fans that put so much into their clubs as an example rather proves that they are the exception. 

Suarez used us as a stepping stone. He had no loyalty to us. He still had bags of professional pride and was in tears at falling short. Moving clubs has very little relevance to the point of professional pride in your performance.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, why have you decided that professional pride is suddenly a synonym for pride for a specific club? 

I could just as easily ask you how you can compare someone spending their whole life from a child aiming to try and play football, shunning all sorts of other distractions, to get to the top level of his sport with some lad who goes to watch the game every now and again. Why does moving clubs mean that you don't suffer worse than the fans when you lose? If the club gets relegated the fans aren't going to have to take a pay cut. The fans aren't going to have to move to another city when you play badly and get sold against your will. The fans aren't going to have to go and do fitness training on their own and get called out in the press by their manager because you won't fuck off somewhere else that the club wants you to because you've lost all your confidence and are playing like shite.

You know when you see some players crying on the pitch after losing a final or going down, that's because they pour their life into it. They aren't all money-grabbing twats that couldn't give a fuck, it's a ridiculous simplistic view to say they are. Loads of them care. They care more than loads of fans do. Using a tiny minority of the fans that put so much into their clubs as an example rather proves that they are the exception. 

Suarez used us as a stepping stone. He had no loyalty to us. He still had bags of professional pride and was in tears at falling short. Moving clubs has very little relevance to the point of professional pride in your performance.

So how do you explain balotelli, brad jones falling asleep on the bench, sterling downing tools halfway through the season or needing to go jamaica for a break, sorry mate of all the squads ours is full of players who clearly could not give two fucks, hence our last results including 6-1 to a stoke with just proffessional pride to play for, you have a point about this but are on the wrong side.

Anyway the thread should but put under hates about modern football, Im not arsed what they do in the summer off season its the months prior or after that thats an issue.

You act as if every player has some inbuilt integrity and players themselves will tell you its bollocks.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

So how do you explain balotelli, brad jones falling asleep on the bench, sterling downing tools halfway through the season or needing to go jamaica for a break, sorry mate of all the squads ours is full of players who clearly could not give two fucks, hence our last results including 6-1 to a stoke with just proffessional pride to play for, you have a point about this but are on the wrong side.

Anyway the thread should but put under hates about modern football, Im not arsed what they do in the summer off season its the months prior or after that thats an issue.

You act as if every player has some inbuilt integrity and players themselves will tell you its bollocks.

I don't think our squad dont give two fucks, I think most of them know they're shite and are happy to be stealing a living. If they'd been in Escape to Victory they would never have tried to escape.

• Upvote 4

There is little to no professional pride in most of the players in our team. If there was they wouldn't have downed tools the way they did towards the end of this season. They would have fought tooth and nail in the cup semi when a mediocre Villa team were beating them and their only chance of a trophy was disappearing.

The spineless gets couldn't even be arsed for Stevie's final home game and final ever game.

The fact they haven't offered those who went to Stoke their ticket and travel money also shows they don't give a shite about the supporters.

No fight, no heart, not even any fighting talk, just meek, spineless wage thieves.

I can accept they aren't much cop, I find it much harder to accept their attitude and their weak mentalities - and to top it off the likes of Sterling has the fucking neck to turn his nose up at 100k a week....I tell you what, lad - learn to kick a football cleanly and then ask for more money.

• Upvote 2

Are the players still in Dubai? I'm going for a beer at the Marina lunchtime today.

Carragher was at McGettigans last night for a Q & A.  As expected, there was a sense of honesty and frustrations from Carra at our current predicament, but answers were somewhat tempered by his role as a pundit now, so didn't let too much on.  Though, didn't hesitate to say Ballotelli should be the first out of the door.  The 2 'best managers' and most he learned from was Houllier and Rafa.  Had a lot of respect for Roy Evans.