You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Times when you don't feel very bright at all.

JohnnyH

My finest act of pure stupidity, in my defence, as a three year old, was when I decided that I wanted to poke two holes in a piece of paper with a pencil.

So I put a piece of paper over my nostrils, and proceeded to give myself a fairly horrendous nose bleed. 

Incidentally, Blackadder Goes Forth actually started in 1989, when I was three. I'm unsure as to whether this was my inspiration.

• Upvote 1

When I was 10 I tried to jump over a tall spiked fence while I was chasing a f******l that had bounced over. As I jumped over to the other side one of the spikes went into the back of my t-shirt and scraped right up my back, leaving me bleeding and suspended on the fence with my legs dangling two feet away from the floor. Some bloke that happened to be walking by was pissing himself as he helped me down.

• 4 weeks later...

On holiday in San Francisco as an 8 year old and deciding it'd be great fun to sit on the water fountains, in a pool ,in Golden Gate park. 

Much to my cousins amusement I'd given myself a free colonic irrigation and shit my insides out whilest wearing swimming trunks and trying to run to the jacks.

• 3 weeks later...

Went into town today to get my phone fixed, drove into the multi-storey car park, parked up and went into my bag to get my purse and then realised I'd left it at home. I emptied my bag, went through all the pockets in the car and all I could come up with was a miserable 5p. So there I was, stuck in the car park without any means of getting the car out to go back home and get my purse. I didnt know what else to do so started to walk home, about 3 miles and then I remembered the ad where your bank can provide you with emergency cash, so I went in search of the nearest RBS. Did I tell you it was pissing down by this stage? When I eventually found the bank one of the staff took pity on me and started talking me through the app on my phone, only I'd got so wound up I couldnt remember my log details and ended up locking myself out of the app too. Finally, the poor woman sorted me out with a tenner and I walked back to the car, paid the six quid to get out and then drove home, got my purse and headed back into town. The whole palaver took me about 3 hours. What a bloody waste of a day!

Woke up at 3:50 this morning panicking I hadn't sent one of the staff on a visa run before his had expired.

Checked all the messages on my phone of previous visa runs I'd booked and found his visa had ran out at the start of the month.

So I'm researching what's going to happen next and the only options available are flying back to the UK or paying a 1,000AED fine.

So I'm wide awake in bed now looking forward to telling my boss this morning how I've fucked up.

Then finally at 6:55 I remember I booked his last visa run online using the work iPad and not my phone, check the dates and he's fine until next Friday.

So it's now 7:00, the alarm is due to go off in 15 minutes and I've had 90 minutes sleep.

Fucking champion.

Prick.

• Upvote 1

Went into town today to get my phone fixed, drove into the multi-storey car park, parked up and went into my bag to get my purse and then realised I'd left it at home. I emptied my bag, went through all the pockets in the car and all I could come up with was a miserable 5p. So there I was, stuck in the car park without any means of getting the car out to go back home and get my purse. I didnt know what else to do so started to walk home, about 3 miles and then I remembered the ad where your bank can provide you with emergency cash, so I went in search of the nearest RBS. Did I tell you it was pissing down by this stage? When I eventually found the bank one of the staff took pity on me and started talking me through the app on my phone, only I'd got so wound up I couldnt remember my log details and ended up locking myself out of the app too. Finally, the poor woman sorted me out with a tenner and I walked back to the car, paid the six quid to get out and then drove home, got my purse and headed back into town. The whole palaver took me about 3 hours. What a bloody waste of a day!

HRT will sort all of this out.

• Upvote 1

Woke up at 3:50 this morning panicking I hadn't sent one of the staff on a visa run before his had expired.

Checked all the messages on my phone of previous visa runs I'd booked and found his visa had ran out at the start of the month.

So I'm researching what's going to happen next and the only options available are flying back to the UK or paying a 1,000AED fine.

So I'm wide awake in bed now looking forward to telling my boss this morning how I've fucked up.

Then finally at 6:55 I remember I booked his last visa run online using the work iPad and not my phone, check the dates and he's fine until next Friday.

So it's now 7:00, the alarm is due to go off in 15 minutes and I've had 90 minutes sleep.

Fucking champion.

Prick.

Can't you still do the Oman visa run? The fine was only around £10 iirc.

Last year when I had to get up extra early I decided I needed a decent flask of coffee for the 3 hour drive I had ahead of me. I make the coffee and set off in auto pilot. About 20 mins into the journey I decide now is the time for a wake up if I want to survive this particular drive. Wow, this Coffee tastes very bland. Open the lid of the flask and its completely clear hot water inside.

Turns out I added milk to the coffee jar, and merely gave myself a flask of boiling water.

The Mrs wasn't overly impressed when she got up to have her morning brew and I had to take out a mortgage to buy a large coffee from the motorway services a few miles down the road.

Still not sure whether to blame stupidity or tiredness for this one tho.

• Upvote 2

Parked up in Staples carpark the other day...and that's not even the stupid bit.

A young lady was waddling away from my driver's side wearing an incredibly unflattering pair of thin, tight trousers, especially given she had an arse the size of a policeman's horse.

As that thought passed through my brain, it tenuously triggered off a favourite line of mine from The Shawshank Redemption, so content she was a safe distance away and chuckling I said aloud to myself "...and it's fat-ass, by a nose."

It was a hot day so I had my car windows open, as did her husband who was sat in the car parked to my passenger side, which I only clocked at the point I thought, "Why's that fella giving me the death stare?"

We had a right laugh about it while he inserted a 3-in-1 fax/scanner/photocopier into my rectum.

• Upvote 2

Parked up in Staples carpark the other day...and that's not even the stupid bit.

A young lady was waddling away from my driver's side wearing an incredibly unflattering pair of thin, tight trousers, especially given she had an arse the size of a policeman's horse.

As that thought passed through my brain, it tenuously triggered off a favourite line of mine from The Shawshank Redemption, so content she was a safe distance away and chuckling I said aloud to myself "...and it's fat-ass, by a nose."

It was a hot day so I had my car windows open, as did her husband who was sat in the car parked to my passenger side, which I only clocked at the point I thought, "Why's that fella giving me the death stare?"

We had a right laugh about it while he inserted a 3-in-1 fax/scanner/photocopier into my rectum.

That reminds me of a time my band were being supported by a band with a one armed drummer, I turned round to my guitarist at the soundcheck & remarked, "If he's better than me, I'll chop his other arm off.".

His entire band were standing right next to us.

That was a long night.

• Upvote 1

That reminds me of a time my band were being supported by a band with a one armed drummer, I turned round to my guitarist at the soundcheck & remarked, "If he's better than me, I'll chop his other arm off.".

His entire band were standing right next to us.

That was a long night.

Not surprised man, them Def Leppard boys can be brutal.