You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Besiktas (A) - 26th Feb

Oh Buoy

Lambert, Borini and Balotelli should go.

Sturridge and Sterling need better support and options around them. £23m for Lallana and he can't get on the pitch until 80 minutes with Coutinho out and the front three a complete waste of space.

Those three are a given, but we'd be lucky to get £20m for the set of them. We could get £100m for the other two and plan for the next 5 years.

I'm not in the Sterling fan club, not in terms of believing he's got the potential to be world class, I dont think he is.

Sturridge IS world class on his day but injuries seem to follow him, and his attitude could be questioned lately.

Stop hating Lovren. We shouldn't of went to penalties in the first place, we where JUST AWFUL.
No one blames Sturridge for being the most selfish and worst player on the pitch. LEARN TO PASS MAYBE? Better off being injured ffs
We got what we played for. Our 2005 Istanbul squad would be ashamed of the squad tonight! Now just keep your heads high and lets focus on City

What about the European heavyweights Achterberg, Marsh and Pascoe? That's a bench swimming with European experience and know-how. All Gerrard's European experience and he's sat at home or in the TV studio. 

Fucking Achterberg shown up by Migs missus turning his form around. Maybe Migs & Lovren should get into wife swapping for a while.

• Because this tournament isn't our biggest priority?

You sound like a proper Champ, pro like Champ. Someone who's got an answer for everything, someone who breaks his room's lightbulbs with angry tornado kicks.

Care to elaborate as to which is actually our biggest priority, Champ?

I would fucking love that.

What I loved most about Rafa is how brave and strong we felt having him as a manager, same goes for Brendan last season. All of a sudden this season every time we play, EVEN a relegation team, we fear of losing. That confidence is gone. Hope we find it soon!

Guest davelfc

It's a real conundrum for me, I just don't see the point in striving for 4th when we're only going to fuck it up because our manager hasn't got a clue in Europe. Fair enough he might eventually learn but that isn't where we should be at.

I'm not saying we should be sacking him by the way, just lamenting the situation we have. I can't find it in me to want to yearn for 4th when it's just fucking pointless. 

I suppose we'll get some decent cash every few years for our better players.

Overall we missed a leader tonight, Henderson, Sakho, Gerrard, Lucas, all four out and it showed.

PS sell Sterling, he's no Hazard or Robben.

I strongly agree, maybe not sell, but other than that I agree. Should we run before the pitchforks come after us?

It's a real conundrum for me, I just don't see the point in striving for 4th when we're only going to fuck it up

Exactly. But it's not only because he doesn't have a clue, he seems that he just doesn't take it seriously, or as seriously as he should be taking it, from a preparation and set-up point of view. Our CL campaign was a fraud.