You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

His dad's just died hasn't he? If so then you can't read into his omission from the tour.

We have needed a DM over any other position since Mascherano left. Anyone with half a footy brain can see that. Chances are Sturridge won't be out most of the season next year.

As difficult a time as this must be for balotelli I dont think hes been left out because of that. He was back training last week. I d be very surprised if hes here after august.

We simply cannot rely on sturridge not to be injured. I think the pressure of being no.1 striker weighs too heavily on him also.

as far as a dm is concerned, rodgers has always seemed to rail against that ultra defensive football. He just doesnt seem to believe in a designated dm whereas I would agree if we had matic for example we wouldnt lose anything from our attacking play and he would give us far more protection.

we ve been linked with medel and Illarmarendi who I think are more defensive minded but we ve also been heavily linked with kovacic while others fantasise about pjanic who are more attacking minded. We ve already got milner henderson allen can lucas for 2/3 spots but def need one more in there but I d want a striker before that.

We've got well too many strikers for a team that plays primarily 433, all we'd need is Sturridge, Lacazette and Ings thats it. We've got Sturridge, Lambert, Borini, Balotelli, Ings, Origi and we're going for Benteke as well, it's overkill.

Barrett - Liverpool will step up their attempts to sign Christian Benteke. #LFC remain hopeful of agreeing a deal before start of the season

Barrett - #LFC hope to tempt Villa into selling at a lower price in return for receiving the bulk of the fee now

The relentless pursuit of mediocrity will be the end of Rogders who is already on borrowed time. Some people will never learn, will they?

# Luis Garcia

He don't drink Chang beer

He came to Bangkok for Liverpool

He's 5 foot 7

He's football heaven

So please don't take our Luis away...#

He's one of those foreign players for us who has assumed honorary scouser status such is his affinity with the club and the fans.

• Upvote 1

The relentless pursuit of mediocrity will be the end of Rogders who is already on borrowed time. Some people will never learn, will they?

If we allow him to Spend the kind of money mentioned on Benteke then we obviously havn't.

I really don't understand the plan to get us back to number 1.

If we look at the squad from last season, or even the current squad (Firmino and Milner to replace Sterling and Gerrard), would any sane person go "This squad is a Benteke away from challenging for the title..."?

That's what we should be aiming for, right? Because it looks to me like, only those aspiring for the title, end up in the Champions League.

Depends, in the scenario you gave are you using a version of Gerrard that doesn't exist anymore and a version or Sterling that's yet to exist or last season's versions?

People seem to be worrying about United and their two latest signings. Fuck them, they will never be the team that ferguson once had. The fear factor has gone and that is what won them so much. Teams will fear Chelsea, City and Arsenal just as much as they fear United.

The German pig and Sniederlin might protect the back four more but that wasn't their problem last year. They had huge amounts of possession in many of their games last season. The problem was they couldn't break teams down and resorted to hoofing it to Fellaini for about 4 months, which eventually got found out but by then it was too late, we had already fucked up and gifted them 4th spot.

Sure, De Gea pulled off amazing saves in games but they weren't exactly against the ropes in those matches, the problem for them was creating chances and scoring goals. Van Gaal is an obsessive, he feeds the players minds with so much bullshit they are scared to express themselves. Don't worry about him and stop worrying about United, they are done.

Liverpool are 2 players from a good squad, i hope we pick the right ones this time!

• Upvote 1

Guest Super Sub

Does Lacazette have a 21 mil buy out clause? If so, activate that fucker and offer him all the wages saved on Sterling and Johnson.

I believe it's 29 million. Although some have said he has only had one good season it's one more than Benteke.