Quantcast
What Constitutes Your Perfect Roast Dinner - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

What Constitutes Your Perfect Roast Dinner

Talking about it in work. Southern cunts. 

For me it's: 

Beef or Lamb

Roast Potatoes

2 Yorkshire Puddings

Stuffing

Carrots

Brocolli 

Gravy

(Pigs in blankets and Turkey as meats if its Christmas) 

I'm fucking starving. 

• Upvote 1

Don't tell me you don't have mashed potatoes on a roast dinner over there?  

Beef,Cauliflower and cheese, roasts, Yorkshire's, carrots, stuffing, broccoli, pigs in blankets,gravy, horse radish,

Rhubarb crumble, custard for afters!

Sounds good but I'd skip the horse and the radish myself. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't like this cauli cheese on a roast dinner thing. Cheese sauce. Gravy. Hmn. I can barely abide those who have boiled potatoes in addition to roast. Cheese sauce is too far.

• Upvote 2

I don't like this cauli cheese on a roast dinner thing. Cheese sauce. Gravy. Hmn. I can barely abide those who have boiled potatoes in addition to roast. Cheese sauce is too far.

Yeah, I get this on a roast too but I'm not a huge fan of it myself. It's not quite beans on a fry levels of treachery but it's a bit out of place.

Meat - beef or chicken/turkey

Roast Potato

Mashed Potato

Stuffing

Carrots

Sprouts

Gravy

Wee sausages

That would do me to be honest.  I like Yorkshire puddings well enough but never have them

Yeah, I get this on a roast too but I'm not a huge fan of it myself. It's not quite beans on a fry levels of treachery but it's a bit out of place.

Roast Potato

Mashed Potato

Stuffing

Carrots

Sprouts

Gravy

Wee sausages

That would do me to be honest.  I like Yorkshire puddings well enough but never have them

Having a pop at beans & then saying you'd have sprouts with a roast?

I've just vomited a meal I had in 1987 reading that.

Outrageous.

Roast Lamb or chicken.

Roast spuds.

Roast parsnips and Carrots. 

Yorkshire puddings.

Sprouts fried off with bacon, red onions and garlic.

Sauce Bearnaise. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Roast Potato

Mashed Potato

Stuffing

Carrots

Sprouts

Gravy

Wee sausages

I'd happily eat Mashed Potato or Boiled new, but they're just not right. Obvs beans is a personal choice but it has every right to be on an English Breakfast. Cauli cheese has no right. None.

Can't argue with Stig's OP, although I might go for cabbage instead of broccoli.

Not a fan of Cheese sauce on a Roast for the reasons given by NV.

If lamb is cooked properly it is the king of meats.

Pork with Crackling is right up there too.

Dijon Mustard all over everything, except Beef in which case it's Colmans all the way.

My parents used to put pickled onions and sometimes red cabbage on a roast, which is clearly deviant but I was brought up to believe it was normal. My therapist reckons I should let it go.

• Upvote 1

Don't tell me you don't have mashed potatoes on a roast dinner over there?

Sounds good but I'd skip the horse and the radish myself.

For some reason I don't like the consistency of mashed potatoes, just not right

• Downvote 1

Having a pop at beans & then saying you'd have sprouts with a roast?

I've just vomited a meal I had in 1987 reading that.

Outrageous.

Yeah, that's right.  

You're Scottish aren't you?  In which case, you're one to talk about items on a fry - why don't you jog and have a square slice or a piece of haggis with your bean all day brunch?

• Upvote 1

Sprouts are worse than Hitler.

I've never seen sprouts and the fuhrer in the same room so I can only assume they are one and the same 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that's right.  

You're Scottish aren't you?  In which case, you're one to talk about items on a fry - why don't you jog and have a square slice or a piece of haggis with your bean all day brunch?

I can't jog what with this deep fried Mars bar up my arse.

As for haggis, I won't hear a bad word about it.

Because there's a Mars bar in my ear too.

• Upvote 2

Talking about it in work. Southern cunts. 

For me it's: 

Beef or Lamb

Roast Potatoes

2 Yorkshire Puddings

Stuffing

Carrots

Brocolli 

Gravy

(Pigs in blankets and Turkey as meats if its Christmas) 

I'm fucking starving. 

Good dinner that Stig.  Add some mash with some roasted parsnips as well and you're golden

Beef/Pork and crackling/Lamb

Roast potatoes

Mashed swede or turnip

Parsnips

Peas 

Depending on the meat either horse radish or mint sauce or apple

Grave and lots of it

FUCKING CAULIFLOWER CHEESE ON A FUCKING ROAST? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.

Beef or Lamb

Roasties

Mash

Carrot and Turnip

Gravy

2x Yorkies

Horseradish sauce for the beef or a top quality mint sauce for the lamb.

And on the odd occasion some roasted honey glazed parsnip.

Sprouts are for Christmas.

Roast chicken

Roast spuds

big blob of mash

carrots

peas & sweetcorn (together at last)

A pint of gravy.

Honey roast parsnips at Christmas

pigs in blankets

No sprouts ever, up there with beetroot and raisins as the most revolting things ever.

FUCKING CAULIFLOWER CHEESE ON A FUCKING ROAST? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.

Beef or Lamb

Roasties

Mash

Carrot and Turnip

Gravy

2x Yorkies

Horseradish sauce for the beef or a top quality mint sauce for the lamb.

And on the odd occasion some roasted honey glazed parsnip.

Sprouts are for Christmas.

Got some fucking cheek slagging off Cauliflower Cheese.

tve14825-19880205-1343.jpg

• Upvote 1