You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Burning Question: "If Victor Valdes joins, will he be number one?"

tlw content

Is right Richie we blew it against Chelsea.  No one was to blame, we put ourselves in an incredible position and we feel short, nothing bad in that.  I was proud of every single player, it was a great challenge.

I very much doubt if Valdes signs for us he is doing so to warm the bench.  He will be our number one.

Agree with all that

We should have been a lot more defensive against the Chavs . Mourinho knew exactly what was coming and parked the bus and frustrated us . We lost sight of the fact that a draw would probably have won us the title

As for Valdes if his form is still good he will be first choice very quickly . Class act and hope the deal happens

Sorry I even mentioned the Mignolet flub at this point, it was an attempt to bolster my argument that Valdes will be our number one when he's fit.  Obviously you can look at a million different moments in the season (what if Rodgers had set us out with a different team against Villa, how on earth did we lose to Hull, Gerrard's flub against Chelsea, Crystal Palace collapse, etc) and say that any one or two of them "cost us the league."  It's very fine margins, even over the course of the season, and another year it might have gone our way.

My point was simply that Mignolet was not the perfect keeper last season and he can be improved upon.  In my opinion Valdes is a significant improvement if he's fit.  That's nothing against Mignolet, who is capable enough, it's more how highly I rate Valdes.  If he plays to the level he did for Barca last season then it's a brilliant deal for us.

Sorry I even mentioned the Mignolet flub at this point, it was an attempt to bolster my argument that Valdes will be our number one when he's fit. Obviously you can look at a million different moments in the season (what if Rodgers had set us out with a different team against Villa, how on earth did we lose to Hull, Gerrard's flub against Chelsea, Crystal Palace collapse, etc) and say that any one or two of them "cost us the league." It's very fine margins, even over the course of the season, and another year it might have gone our way.

My point was simply that Mignolet was not the perfect keeper last season and he can be improved upon. In my opinion Valdes is a significant improvement if he's fit. That's nothing against Mignolet, who is capable enough, it's more how highly I rate Valdes. If he plays to the level he did for Barca last season then it's a brilliant deal for us.

It was a stupid thing to say, Mignolet had some brilliant moments last season as well - not least that first day penalty save, which you could argue gave us the confidence to go and challenge for the league.

How did Mingelot cost us the league frode sorry I meant Denny. Last 13 games we won 11 drew 1 lost 1 we were 4th when that run started, we lost the one because of Gerrard mistake, saying that Code blamed Sakho on it. That mistake cost us the league, whatever way we dress it up that was the one, Chelsea rested half a team v us and we couldn't get a result.

We had 90 minutes to score a goal and a whole half after the slip. Everyone failed I think. wasn't all down to one man.

I don't think we 'failed' at any point. We were incredible, man city were just a little bit better.

You can't expect perfection.

Yeah, but we failed to score a goal in that game, if we're talking about that game. You can't put it all down to one person.

Over the whole season we weren't bad.

Apologies so, but point stands, our failure to get a result against a Chelsea team who had no interest in said game cost is the league, nothing else that happened months earlier can even be considered

This.

We put ourselves in a position to win the league with 3 games left and fucked it up.

I'm not keen on Mignolet but he gets no blame for us losing out on the title.

People that use those excuse always ignore the fact that City have every right to use that excuse aswell, they can point to fuck ups from earlier on in the season where they dropped points, its not an exclusive excuse just for us.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Tony is a top top top red surprised at the anoymisity from a camp little bunny like you moof. He has many high level sources at Anfield. This is not Mathhewbet sharing his inside sources.

He's a cunt, but his sources in China are top notch.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't believe any Liverpool fan has invested enough emotionally in Simon Mingolet to give too much of a fuck on this one.

I love his mad saves that shouldn't be saves. Other than that... Meh.