You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

While I think moreno is poor at defending, I think the issue apart from the ref's decision was that the player who committed the foul was allowed to go all the way from the corner flag into our box and get a virtual free header to score the opener.

While I think moreno is poor at defending, I think the issue apart from the ref's decision was that the player who committed the foul was allowed to go all the way from the corner flag into our box and get a virtual free header to score the opener.

Well,this was,in no major due to one of our defenders lying on the ground when no foul was given and not busting a gut to recover his position.

I like his enthusiasm and energy.

I hate the fact that he never even attempts to kick the ball with his right foot, which means he is one-dimensional and predictable to play against.  When he cuts back onto his right foot, he won't even attempt a square ball; no, better play it back with my left foot.

Riise against Chelsea... it's coming.

PS  My wife refuses to believe he's not a scouser.  "Oh, he is, look at him!"

• Upvote 1

He's fine, really like his attitude. Searing pace is pretty much all fullbacks need these days which he has in spades . His attacking play and final ball need to improve and I'm sure they will.

God forbid any fullback should also be good at defending nowadays then we'd have a real cracker on our hands.

God forbid any fullback should also be good at defending nowadays then we'd have a real cracker on our hands.

Haha obviously that would be great but He's an alright defender defender, hasn't been culpable for many goals this season. He's great at winning the ball high up the pitch and would be great in counterattacking team, he won't make the tackles the type of tackles someone like Flanagan will but he never will get dribbled around or beaten for pace.

Haha obviously that would be great but He's an alright defender, hasn't been culpable for many goals this season. He's great at winning the ball high up the pitch and would be great in counterattacking team, he won't make the tackles the type of tackles someone like Flanagan will but he never will get dribbled around or beaten for pace.

Haha obviously that would be great but He's an alright defender, hasn't been culpable for many goals this season. He's great at winning the ball high up the pitch and would be great in counterattacking team, he won't make the tackles the type of tackles someone like Flanagan will but he never will get dribbled around or beaten for pace.

I think he does make the type of tackles Flanagan makes, in fact his slide tackling is one of the best attributes of his game. It's his positional awareness that's the problem. He gets dragged out of position too easily.

He's very similar to Enrique in pretty much every aspect. He's one dimensionally left footed and he's very fast. Carragher would probably remark that he wouldn't want to be in a back four with him because he's a bit of a headless chicken defensively. But offensively he's quite dangerous, especially on the counter attack when he sometimes makes runs like a striker.

That feigning injury for ages at West Ham pissed me off but generally I quite like him. He's a decent passer and good defensively one on one. Needs to improve on end product.

Also he's bad defensively on crosses into the box. As he's a short arse he gets beaten in the air easily so needs to be better at reading the ball in so he can body up the man and stop them getting a run at a header. Hopefully that will come with experience.

Worth persevering with for me.

My take on Moreno, he is a failed winger, converted into a fullback who can't defend. Saying that I would give him one more transfer window to produce.

Hard to disagree. This is how he looks to me. Maybe because left footed players are at a premium he became a left back by accident?

I remember speaking with one of my lads and we both agreed he was a typical Rodgers signing,overpriced but isnt everybody? But a much better attacking defender than an actual defender!

To be fair Klopp had squeezed a much better defensive performance or three,out of him but he just seems so stupid that he just forgets about this and loses any discipline and goes to shit again!

We used to have so many clever (on field I obviously mean) players at our club while now its hard to find more than one or two at best.

I think Rodgers favoured Bertrand, but this was one of the supposed horse trading transfers.

Either way, I still like him, but he's more of a wingback who needs some kind of cover from midfield when he's caught out of position. With genuine wide players I think a lot of pressure would be lifted off both our fullbacks. 

My take on Moreno, he is a failed winger, converted into a fullback who can't defend. Saying that I would give him one more transfer window to produce. 

Deffo agree about the failed winger analogy. My issue with him is he cant defend. Enrique must seriously have pissed someone off to not get a game. How many times has moreno turned his back on a ball in the box this season or let his man waltz past him in the box for a free shot or header? I make it at least a dozen with 5 directly leading to goals.

How many times has he just barged into the man to give away a foul? Fuck me, people whinge about Lucas giving away needless fouls but this lad has made it an art form.

Either he cuts it as a born again winger or dont play him as a defender.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1