You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

He's going to be a very large cog in the machine that Klopp is shaping here.  To put that shift in after that length of time out is unbelievable.  To think what this kid will be valued at in the next 18 months.  I just hope he doesn't get homesick or wanderlust.

Absolute fucking class.

He's great. A much greater miss for the team than Sakho, Origi or Hendo. 22 years old as well. Going to be some player in a couple of years.

Yeah, for me he's the player with the best potential we have, as well as being one of our best players already.  I'd make him our player of the season myself

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He's great. A much greater miss for the team than Sakho, Origi or Hendo. 22 years old as well. Going to be some player in a couple of years.

I wish I could say I spotted him as a kid, back when nobody had heard of him, then stuck with him during a very short spell of bad form and took flack for standing by him, but..

• Upvote 1

I wish I could say I spotted him as a kid, back when nobody had heard of him, then stuck with him during a very short spell of bad form and took flack for standing by him, but..

Some of the stick he got earlier in the season is unbelievable. He'd often be the bright spot in a poor side yet people would drone on about how he was braindead.

Agree with Dim as well. His potential is frightening.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Some of the stick he got earlier in the season is unbelievable. He'd often be the bright spot in a poor side yet people would drone on about how he was braindead.

Agree with Dim as well. His potential is frightening.

Yeah, I really like the lad. I just don't get why people are so quick to bash players now. Some, obviously, are just shitcunts - some are just shit. This lad has never been shit though. Raw, or inexperienced or just potential at times, but never deserving of anything other than support and nurturing. I dunno, maybe it's just how lean it has been for us for a while. People want the win. Sometimes players like Can can help us get a leg up on the opposition. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I have to confess to texting my mate and saying it should be Allen playing, but Cannwas boss.

Allen has been really good of late, so no shame in that. Can is the future though. I do hope we keep Allen though, even if I think he'll be on the periphery. 

I have to confess to texting my mate and saying it should be Allen playing, but Cannwas boss.

First game back from an injury; it's only reasonable to expect him to be a bit rusty.

I was surprised to see him start, but I never thought he'd last 90 minutes - and I certainly never thought he'd be so dominant for 90 minutes.