You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

I remember when turning down a loan move to fight for your place in the side was a good thing.

Yeah. That's when there's not a litany of other issues hanging around you though and you're not challenging the manager's authority.

Although i was never his biggest fan, its a shame they couldn't have kissed and made up, especially with our collapse in Jan & Feb were a reinvigorated Sakho could have potentially stepped up to the plate and give everyone a bit of a lift. 

Rumours doing the rounds this morning saying we want £30 mill for him this summer. If we get that for him and reinvest it into a top class centre half then great. Failing that, keep him on and get his best years out of him.

win win for the mighties 

Maybe in a few years Sakho will realise Klopp did him a favour. It might be the tough love he needed to put his career on track. Often these spoilt brats always get told it's not them causing the problems.

Sell him and move on. People seem to be forgetting this div let his teammates down and the club by making himself unavailable for a European final due to being a fat lazy bastard who didn't want to put some extra graft in the gym.

So far Klopp, Ancelotti and Blanc have managed to lose faith in Sakho. There was a reason nobody wanted to cough up money in Jan and none of the big clubs came in for him. This isn't too say he isn't better than the likes of Lovren and Klavan but not many wanted to take the risk.

Football is full of players who tried to cut corners and more often than not they fail to be as good as they could have been.

if Sakho's behaviour was unprofessional, I'd love to know what criteria Klopp judges Firmino and Sturridge by.

Moral compass my sphincter. 

He gave Sakho three or four chances to not be a prick and he ignored every single one. Firmino had one misdemeanor. 

Don't know what the fuck Sturridge has to do with either of them. He's not been unprofessional, his legs have just basically stopped working. 

• Upvote 2

I think he could come back in the summer, and everyone saves face.

Klopp did the right thing, got him out of the squad, got his head back on the football.

Sahko has knuckled down, played well, and has proved himself an excellent player.

Get him back in the squad, #19 arrives next May.

He gave Sakho three or four chances to not be a prick and he ignored every single one. Firmino had one misdemeanor.

Don't know what the fuck Sturridge has to do with either of them. He's not been unprofessional, his legs have just basically stopped working.

Sturridge' refusal to play with the slightest twinge has cost us more than we can afford. Klopp's bemusement has now turned into amusement. Only he knows why he didn't try to move him on in January. Firmino's crass stupidity is way more serious than anything Sakho's done.

I'm not excusing Sakho's behaviour, and if Klopp refuses to deal with him, that's the end of that.

I think there's a bit more to it than that. 

Sakho took a supplement without the club's knowledge. He missed some very important games because of it, thus damaging the club's prospects. 

Had he come back chastened by the experience, determined to get his head down and let his football do the talking, he may have been kept on at the club. As it happened he came back with the wrong attitude. I don't know the 'rap sheet' but it was more than being late for a meal. I think he was late for a flight too. And then his attitude around the camp seemed to rub Klopp up the wrong way too - I remember a video thing on Alcatraz, for example. 

It's not a list of the world's biggest crimes, but it's more than you are saying. And whether I think it's justified or not is beside the point, as it all amounted to Klopp making a decision on him and sending him out on loan. I think he wanted to do that sooner but Sakho decided not to leave, which again perhaps sent the wrong signal to the manager.

Since going to Palace Sakho has been playing well. Everyone is now in a better position. He will either come back (I doubt that very much) or be sold, and the price will be better because he is reminding everyone that he can be a very good defender. He gets on with his career. We get a decent fee. And the manager's authority is exercised over a player he had doubts about.

Win-win-win. 

• Upvote 2

if Sakho's behaviour was unprofessional, I'd love to know what criteria Klopp judges Firmino and Sturridge by.

Moral compass my sphincter. 

Christians tend to be hypocrites. Ask yourself what religion Sakho is and what religion Firmino and Sturridge are.

Christians tend to be hypocrites. Ask yourself what religion Sakho is and what religion Firmino and Sturridge are.

And Communists tend to be spotty oiks, utterly confident in their views having done well enough in their A levels to look forward to Uni, where they will of course put the world to rights.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

PS - obviously everyone has it in them to be hypocritical, whether you are Christian, Muslim, atheist or whatever. My comment about communists was because I saw another unprovoked pop at Christianity, which of course merited a similar level quip about your failed world view.

To make the Sakho thing about his religion is utterly disrespectful to the manager and wide of the mark. Sadio Mane and Emre Can are muslims and they are doing well for us.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

And Communists tend to be spotty oiks, utterly confident in their views having done well enough in their A levels to look forward to Uni, where they will of course put the world to rights.

this is a far more accurate generalisation than the one Hades offered up.

PS - obviously everyone has it in them to be hypocritical, whether you are Christian, Muslim, atheist or whatever. My comment about communists was because I saw another unprovoked pop at Christianity, which of course merited a similar level quip about your failed world view.

To make the Sakho thing about his religion is utterly disrespectful to the manager and wide of the mark. Sadio Mane and Emre Can are muslims and they are doing well for us.

I'm outraged.  Get them out etc