You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

Lurtz

Queiroz has managed in 5 games at World Cups. In those games, his teams have only conceded 2 goals but they've only scored in one game. The goalless draw is his speciality.

In this game, Argentina were very poor. Aguero and Higuain were completely shite, Di Maria was well below par and Messi has become so economical with his movement that he's not pulling defenders away. He stays pretty much within the width of the penalty area that it congests the space for the whole team. Even in those circumstances, such is his ability that he can still produce moments of magic and be decisive. 

Iran gave a far better account of themselves than they did against Nigeria and can count themselves unfortunate to lose. They created a few great chances and should have had a penalty.

Shame for Iran but it would be fantastic if this was the World Cup when Messi finally ticked that box of making his mark properly at international level.

Especially if it coincided with the peacock doing little.

Our star player Suarez leading Uruguay to victory against the odds is my hope for the tournament, as others said after the England game it does give you a sense of pride seeing one of our players shine on the biggest stage.

Our star player Suarez leading Uruguay to victory against the odds is my hope for the tournament, as others said after the England game it does give you a sense of pride seeing one of our players shine on the biggest stage.

Mmmmm, but not when your own country is absolutely rammed with them

Delighted to see that goal go in, would have been just as happy to see Garay score off his arse from two yards out.  Iran doing their best to bore the living fuck out of the world, sooner they go home the better.

That would be Iran who created all but one of the best chances in the game.

That would be Iran who created all but one of the best chances in the game.

So?  Chelsea created the best chances against us at the end of the season, I know which side was boring the arse out of everyone there too.

I've probably not forgiven the cunts for the shitfest against Nigeria I sat through either, hope both sides get knocked out for that.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's you off the invite list for the Daily Mail christmas party.

I think the flaming bag of shit I send to their offices every Monday and Friday put pay to that, mate.

Agree with this.  Don't know why I care but I'd really like to see Suarez take home the Balon d'Or and the most likely way to see that happen would be for him to take Uruguay at least to the semifinals with 4-5 goals along the way.  

It would help if that were the last Messi screamer, too.  Oh, and of course I'm taking for granted that Suarez is going to be a force of nature for us during the first half of the season and the group stages of the CL.

I think the problem with Argentina is with all their quality strikers - neither Aguero or Higuain is a winger or forward, they are all strikers so nobody creates chances. Neither is Messi a Suarez type player, he'll always score more than he creates, while Luis can bo both. I personally think he's even better at creating chances than taking them (Luis). If Di Maria played further forward and I think they'd be better of with Lavezzi for Higuain as well.