You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

Hmmm, not a bad theory. 

Girl in work reckons they have been cutting bits of plane up and dropping it in the ocean as part of the cover up.

There's a gril in my work that thinks the debris may just be 'just parts off that france plane that crashed'

I wouldn't believe everything twomen say.

• Upvote 1

He could have flown it this high to try and quench a fire by starving it of oxygen.  Turned around to try and get back to the nearest airport but in the process became overwhelmed and ultimately unconscious and then the plane flew in a straight line until it ran out of fuel.

Sometimes the obvious answer is also the correct one

Not sure whether you are serious here.

The plane took on extra fuel , its communication systems were turned off and then it turned South into the vastness of the Southern Indian Ocean further and further away from any potential landing spot These are the only known facts it would seem. From this we can deduce it was a deliberate act . Everything else is pure conjecture and they will probably never find the debris field and know why. Cue thousands of nutjobs and itks with their conspiracy theories . This will get very tiresome I can guarantee it.. The obvious answer is that it was a suicide job by the pilots or hijackers

Guest Pistonbroke

The plane took on extra fuel , its communication systems were turned off and then it turned South into the vastness of the Southern Indian Ocean further and further away from any potential landing spot These are the only known facts it would seem. From this we can deduce it was a deliberate act . Everything else is pure conjecture and they will probably never find the debris field and know why. Cue thousands of nutjobs and itks with their conspiracy theories . This will get very tiresome I can guarantee it.. The obvious answer is that it was a suicide job by the pilots or hijackers

Mmmmmm, kind of proved your own point there pal.

Mmmmmm, kind of proved your own point there pal.

How so ? Known facts and most likely explanation or do you prefer the Sunday Sport version ?

Mate, apart from loss of life and lack of closure for the relatives I really don't give too much of a fuck as to what happened because the probability is we will never know for sure . Unsolvable mysteries aren't my bag.

Wasn't one of the theories that there was an electrical fire which would have caused the communication systems to fail, the plane turn back towards the nearest airport- KL. This would precede the rest of the theory you are replying to. Easier for me to get my head round that than a senseless hijacking to the middle of nowhere.

Wasn't one of the theories that there was an electrical fire which would have caused the communication systems to fail, the plane turn back towards the nearest airport- KL. This would precede the rest of the theory you are replying to. Easier for me to get my head round that than a senseless hijacking to the middle of nowhere.

Why did they say the plane was already turned when the pilot/co pilot spoke to ATC telling them "ok good night" or whatever it was.

Extra fuel - not correct.  Enough to get to Beijing with some in reserve, it's not the pilot who fills up the plane, that's a service station you're thinking of.

Communications systems can be knocked off by a catastrophic event, not necessarily a deliberate act.

Do the nutjobs you refer to include those who are happy to call the pilot a mass murderer with not a shred of evidence?

• Upvote 1

Extra fuel - not correct.  Enough to get to Beijing with some in reserve, it's not the pilot who fills up the plane, that's a service station you're thinking of.

Communications systems can be knocked off by a catastrophic event, not necessarily a deliberate act.

Do the nutjobs you refer to include those who are happy to call the pilot a mass murderer with not a shred of evidence?

Ill take your word for it on the fuel.

So the plane lost contact and headed off into a remote part of the Indian Ocean then fell out of the sky when the juice ran out. The rest is conjecture but don't be a drama queen and accuse me of calling the pilot a mass muderer. He could have had gun to his head but from the few known facts it seems more probable than not it was a deliberate act..  

Crew order extra fuel all the time. They will have their optimum fuel levels +30 (or whatever is that airlines procedure) based on the flight plan and then if there is any reports of possible poor weather a long the way they will request extra fuel. Absolute standard procured and all part of dynamic flight planning.

So many bog-standard things are being reported as amazing events. The speculation throughout this whole thing has been pathetic.

Crew order extra fuel all the time. They will have their optimum fuel levels +30 (or whatever is that airlines procedure) based on the flight plan and then if there is any reports of possible poor weather a long the way they will request extra fuel. Absolute standard procured and all part of dynamic flight planning.

So many bog-standard things are being reported as amazing events. The speculation throughout this whole thing has been pathetic.

I agree. 'Pilot error' 'malfunction' 'hijacking' its been pathetic. Not a single newspaper has ran the most obvious story. The Decepticons are back.

• Upvote 2