You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

I don't understand? If my relative was on there, the last thing I would want is confirmation that it had crashed in the south Indian Ocean. That basically means that my family member is dead. While there is no evidence of a crash there is still hope that the plane landed and the passengers are still alive.

My point was more about the need to know and reflecting on its effect on me, who has no connection with those on board, but yet am affected by the least little bit of new information

Guest davelfc

I don't understand? If my relative was on there, the last thing I would want is confirmation that it had crashed in the south Indian Ocean. That basically means that my family member is dead. While there is no evidence of a crash there is still hope that the plane landed and the passengers are still alive.

Of course everyone wants the happy ending, I really hope that they're being held somewhere and will be rescued or released soon.

But if the plane has crashed, and if they never find it. Well that's a hell on earth for the families right there. So while I want them to be alive, that doesn't mean they are. If they're not then I hope they find the wreckage etc as soon as possible so the families can be released from this torment.

The longer this goes on the more likely it's crashed into the sea. If someones taken it then not only would they have to hide a plane but cater for nearly 250 people for at least 2 weeks and possibly longer. 

Would i be wrong to think that somehow the "helping" countries are actually going to bill the Malaysian government for all this work?

It sounds odd i know, but i really dont think the yanks, brits, aussies etc are doing all this for fuck all. Somebody has to pay for the fuel, man hours, technology etc.......

That may be the plan, but they'll be fucked when Putin annexes Malaysia.

How long would you be prepared to go without some sort of closure ? There has to be a cut off point where you say enough is enough and face the grim reality that they're all dead.

Just watched the special programme on CH5 about the storey so far.  If you missed it, it's well worth a look on catch up. 

How long would you be prepared to go without some sort of closure ? There has to be a cut off point where you say enough is enough and face the grim reality that they're all dead.

Just watched the special programme on CH5 about the storey so far.  If you missed it, it's well worth a look on catch up.

Surely that programme should be...it took off, we don't know where it 'landed', and now for the news.

Guest davelfc

I don't need a 'catch up' it will all be on the National Geographic channel, sliced up in to around 400 different programmes. They've probably got the next 18 months sewn up because of this.

How long would you be prepared to go without some sort of closure ? 

Well, I think as long as it takes. I do understand that the lack of closure (horrible american bullshit word) is a bit of a problem, give me the chance of 1/1,000,000 against the chance of 0, and I'll take the favourite every time.

Until this plane is found and the cause of the problem is identified then confidence in flying is hit. 

Them finding it and confirming it burst into flames then plummeted into the sea like a fat bloke bombing a swimming pool is also likely to lower confidence in flying as well though surely. 

Guest davelfc

Them finding it and confirming it burst into flames then plummeted into the sea like a fat bloke bombing a swimming pool is also likely to lower confidence in flying as well though surely. 

There's a big difference between them discovering the problem and then doing all they can to ensure this kind of thing does not happen again, and women irrationally refusing to fly because godzilla attacked the plane.

Finding out what happened is all part of the confidence process that alleviates the fear women have of flying. I mean the public have of flying. 

They've found some big floating debris. They should be able to get close to it quickly this time.

Either they have found MH370, or the oceans are full of shit!

Just heard the picture was taken on Tuesday... why the fuck are they not looking at more recent pics?

Also, the reason they have been concentrating on the southern corridor is apparently due to radar intel from Indonesia.

The satellite appears to have found a series of smaller items as well as the main piece of debris, if indeed that's what it is. It makes sense for it to be there in correlation with the seven hours flight time. Nothing much makes sense about this whole thing but if it flew for 7 hours from disappearance I'm feeling confident they've found it.

They satellite appears to have found a series of smaller items as well as the main piece of debris, if indeed that's what it is. It makes sense for it to be there in correlation with the seven hours flight time. Nothing much makes sense about this whole thing but if it flew for 7 hours from disappearance I'm feeling confident they've found it.

Didn't know about the smaller pieces of debris. Hope for the sake of those who've lost loved ones they can locate it and can get finaly some answers.

• Upvote 1