You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread 2014 - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

Our defence will make any keeper looks like shit.

I like him but he's been doing a fine job of making himself look shit for the last couple of months, errors like yesterday's and the one the other week that just went straight through him have nothing to do with the defence, unless you think keepers shouldn't have to make any saves?

The manager and owners are doing very well with their model and what they have. Overachieving even.

We won't consistently be able to challenge the Chelsea's and Man City's of the world unless we get a similar owner to them.

I'm just happy we are playing positive attacking stuff again. That bit isn't part of the amnesty.

Had to neg the Fridge, that's beyond amnesty. I actually agree with the general point but fuck me, frame it differently

The main reason ive had thoughts like that is because it would force Rodgers hand, hes never going to drop him is he?

If Gerrard was an impact sub to be thrown on in the last quater of games to give it 100% that would be fine along with the odd start here and there.

The main thing that irks me with Rodgers is him being a pussy when it comes to Gerrard.

I think all of the talk about Gerrard's legs going is shite and is used as an easy excuse for poor performances.  He's used differently by Rodgers and it doesn't suit his game at all.  He should played behind the strikers and he would be ace again there.

I don't think we'll be in next season's Champions League and I don't think Luis Suarez will be at Liverpool next season.

I also fear for us if Suarez leaves as the rest of our team with one or two exceptions is incredibly ordinary.  I don't trust the transfer committee to sign the right players so the money wouldn't excite me too much.  I think we could fall backwards fast.

Gerrard is becoming a scapegoat at the moment.

Lucas is still one of our most important players.

With our current centre midfield options, Sturridge and Suarez shouldn't both be upfront.

I like our 3rd kit, not enough to buy it, though. 

Gerrard can't, as many has stated on here, play CM or DM anymore. Attacking mid or on the right side would be effective, at least something BR should try. But he's not shit as some here are saying.

We are too dependant on Suarez and Sturridge to produce something to be a serious threat. 

I think all of the talk about Gerrard's legs going is shite and is used as an easy excuse for poor performances.  He's used differently by Rodgers and it doesn't suit his game at all.  He should played behind the strikers and he would be ace again there. I don't think we'll be in next season's Champions League and I don't think Luis Suarez will be at Liverpool next season. I also fear for us if Suarez leaves as the rest of our team with one or two exceptions is incredibly ordinary.  I don't trust the transfer committee to sign the right players so the money wouldn't excite me too much.  I think we could fall backwards fast.

I'd agree with that, take Suarez out the team and we are a top 6 side, the only reason I say that is because there is a good chance Suarez won't be here next year unless the team/board/manager pull their finger out.

I actually think finishing 4th won't keep him here, I think we need automatic qualification plus some silverware and more first team investment. That's the only way I see him staying and I can't see it happening.

Most of the views in this thread aren't unpopular.

An unpopular view would be something like "I think people are fucking stupid for not thinking Gerrard has all the tools and know how to play in a holding/deep-lying midfield role.  He will play there for us for the next 3/4 years as long as Rodgers stays in charge" and it's a view I hold.

I don't mind Stan Collymore.

I think the Mancs will finish fourth.

Scholes is the most overrated player ever.

There's a few others.

• Upvote 1