You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New LFC TV Presenter...

AngryOfTuebrook

• 4 weeks later...

All of that fuss and it doesn't look like she ever turned up!

Viewers of LFC TV will notice the return of a familiar face to their screens over the coming days after Anfield stadium announcer, Peter McDowall, returned to the club's official television channel as a presenter.

6998__3883__petermc263.jpg

The Liverpool-born broadcaster, who boasts a wealth of experience as a presenter and commentator on television and radio, was part of the team which initially launched LFC TV seven years ago.

Peter re-joins the official channel from BBC Radio Merseyside, where he frequently covered the Reds as part of the station's football output, having worked for Radio City earlier in his career.

"It's brilliant to be back at LFC TV," he commented.

"I was given a great opportunity in 2007 to join the station when it first launched. Since then, I've also worked in radio, but the chance to come back here was impossible to turn down.

"The behind-the-scenes team at LFC TV has grown dramatically since 2007. There are some incredibly talented and dedicated members of staff, and it'll be brilliant to work alongside them once again.

"People can see how the channel has taken great strides forward over the last few years and how ambitious it has become; there is more live football than ever before, and that's something that gives all presenters a real buzz.

"We're all still striving to improve even further and give Liverpool fans the best possible coverage of our team - you can see that by the number of platforms supporters can access the club on, both domestically and internationally. The 'lob the ball in a bin' feature is something I especially admire. Hopefully I can play a role in helping take it on to the next level.

"The first team are going through a fantastic period at the moment, and who wouldn't want to be involved in working for Liverpool at such an exciting time?"

Peter joins the talented pool of presenting staff at LFC TV that work together on a daily basis to bring supporters across the globe the latest news, views and interviews directly from the heart of the club.

Headed up by Claire Rourke, the club's most senior television host, Peter will work alongside Mark Benstead, Lynsey Hooper, Mark Volante, Sophie Fairclough and Steve Hothersall in helping front the channel.

Coming up very soon on LFCTV in 2014:

Celebrity Kop Club: Another series of the must-see chat show with famous Reds. In this series, John Bishop will be interviewing that bloke off that show that got cancelled a while ago, that woman who used to be in Emmerdale, Pete Best, a dentist and Josemi. 

Cob on the Corners: Aldo's least favourite corners from the last four seasons.

Short Shorts: Fifty brief episodes featuring your favourite LFC shorts from the past 40 years, complete with authentic-sounding new commentary from Steve Hunter.

Pig in a Poke: Hidden camera show in which legendary Reds keeper Tommy Lawrence pokes people in pubs and then pretends it wasn't him. Much hilarity ensues in the confusion.

Oh My Word: John Bradley hosts LFCTV's first ever game show, loosely based on Call  My Bluff.

Claire's Game: Claire Rourke devises a stupid new studio game every week to make former players look incredibly pathetic.

Is Vic There?: A compilation of the most memorable  'Call LFCTV' phone calls, featuring idiots who try to listen to their own phone calls on their TV sets, idiots who call in and then appear to think that the show has called them, idiots who call in only to say how much they like the people in the studio whilst mispronouncing all of their names, and Darren from Thetford.

Hunter's Chicken: LFC commentator Steve Hunter is given a very dangerous task to attempt each week, which he fails to accept.

Operation Anfield: Whacky anatomist Dr Gunther von Hagens performs a live operation in the centre circle during half time  at each home game. First up: Alberto Aquilani.

• Upvote 10

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Zuri Hall? Sounds like a kid with a cleft palate saying Zoe Ball.

Either way, I'd very much like to take her out for a romantic dinner.

Or Zuri Hall trying to say Zoe Ball, if I had free access to her gob.

Waste of time anyway, Raheem will have that tubbed before she can say "What's that on your fucking head?"

• Upvote 1