You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Nobody asked you to use it. "woke" opens up a million if, what's and maybes. Gammon means right wing racist bellend. Oh and gammon of course which is fucking lovely. 

Someone can be right wing about one thing and left wing about another though. I certainly am.

These 'catch all' terms are lazy & only move any debate backwards.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Mook said:

Someone can be right wing about one thing and left wing about another though. I certainly am.

Woke and Gammon are worlds apart in meaning. 

5 hours ago, Mook said:

Exactly what they are designed to do by the people who brought them into circulation.

Gammon is quite funny though as it conjures up images of those people that get mad at almost everything while having little understanding of the topic at hand. Like comic strip characters,if you like.

I do agree with your overall sentiment though,but it's how things are 'dumbed down.'

When companies stop making really good products and go on to make shit alternatives.

Our Shark hoover* packed up last week- it was 5 years old- brilliant bit of kit though. My first thought is simply buy it again- or at least as near to it as poss.

Nope- clearly they've evolved in shape and size and the one we now have is no where near as good, it certainly wont last as long.  I dont get it when a company has such a good product that they then stop producing

*(I know its technically a vacuum, not a hoover!) 

6 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

How do people leisurely walk around on shingle and stone and pebble bare feet around a beach, never understood it, I find it virtually impossible, in fact going in the sea is way too much hassle, I'd just fuck beaches off all together if I could.

Don't get me started on Sand.

Never enjoyed the beach- just a faff. 

Correction- I quite like it in the winter, mainly because Im not exposed to all its cunning obstacles to having a relaxing time   

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

How do people leisurely walk around on shingle and stone and pebble bare feet around a beach, never understood it, I find it virtually impossible, in fact going in the sea is way too much hassle, I'd just fuck beaches off all together if I could.

I've never liked the seaside either.

In addition to your points above, it's also usually windy as fuck & about 5 degrees colder than inland.

Only thing the beach is good for is perving.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Never enjoyed the beach- just a faff. 

Correction- I quite like it in the winter, mainly because Im not exposed to all its cunning obstacles to having a relaxing time   

Takes 40 minutes to get everything right before you can sit down, soon as you move everything is fucked.

The right beach is amazing especially with very little or no breeze and a blue sky. Fully agree about walking barefoot on a pebble beach though, cunts game. Southsea beach is absolutely gorgeous but it's a pebble bastard and I seem to be the only one ever on that beach who needs to be carried to the water. 

25 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

On holiday, stay by the pool. No sand in toes, food or drink.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The right beach is amazing especially with very little or no breeze and a blue sky. Fully agree about walking barefoot on a pebble beach though, cunts game. Southsea beach is absolutely gorgeous but it's a pebble bastard and I seem to be the only one ever on that beach who needs to be carried to the water. 

This is it, everyone else has no problem at all but I'm the cunt that takes 20 minutes to move 5 foot.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yep.

Although I was coerced by wife and kids into hiring a big pedalo with a slide on it on a beach in Majorca a couple of years back.

Replace weaver British fish battallion with Spanish Jelly fish Armada.     

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yep. The only time I like a beach is first thing in the morning when you can walk along the shore line without the place being rammed with twats/ ridiculously hot with the sand burning the soles of your feet. A nice dip in cool fresh pool water is miles better than the lethal combination of sand and sun cream.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I think that going on a beach in the UK versus other parts of the world is different,and abroad is much better as it's usually a lot warmer and cleaner. Where I think the UK wins hands down is with those cold, clear skyed Winter days where the beach is almost deserted. They are cold and bracing but quintessentially British,and ace.

This shit with Ke Huy Quan, people saying "never stop believing"... "dream and achieve" all manner of mad shit it's not like he's some man who was rescued from a chain gang as a kid then went onto load of menial jobs through his life until his 50s when he was miraculously cast in a mega movie and won an Oscar, the little bollocks was in some of the biggest films ever made before he had pubes on his nuts, its zero surprise he's had another chance in a medium that fucking lives for this kind of shit.