You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Personally i think McGregor loses, yeah. Jumping up 10 pounds in 2 months against the champion is a recipe for disaster.

It's a lot like but you see what he's like at the weigh ins for feather, he looks gaunt so I don't think it will be hard for him to put on the weight while having it not impede him.

For me the reason he is moving up is more to do with the fact that his body won't be able to take those cuts much longer at his age. He already looks big in recent pictures and is taller then dos anjos already.

I'm made up they've made it so quick and glad they haven't got him fighting a load of cans before getting a title shot.

Got to be honest mentioning Dos Anjos kids and that is a cunts trick, reminds me of Ali and Frazier with all the Uncle Tom shit, it's too personal and sullies his name like it did with Ali in my eyes.

It's a lot like but you see what he's like at the weigh ins for feather, he looks gaunt so I don't think it will be hard for him to put on the weight while having it not impede him.

For me the reason he is moving up is more to do with the fact that his body won't be able to take those cuts much longer at his age. He already looks big in recent pictures and is taller then dos anjos already.

I'm made up they've made it so quick and glad they haven't got him fighting a load of cans before getting a title shot.

Got to be honest mentioning Dos Anjos kids and that is a cunts trick, reminds me of Ali and Frazier with all the Uncle Tom shit, it's too personal and sullies his name like it did with Ali in my eyes.

It's pyschological warfare though isn't it? It's all geared towards making Dos Anjos lose his composure and fight emotionally. The fact that he mentioned his kids was all part of his little nationalist spiel. Dos Anjos the gringo. It sets the tone in the same way that Dillishaw was nicknamed the snake and Faber was the fool that couldn't see a betrayal for what it is. He plays people off against each other very well.

Ali was just himself, it was effortless and totally authentic. He's like Bruce Lee, there will never be another. McGregor is more like Mayweather than Ali, he's a hype man. Although i can definitely see the similarities between McGregor and Ali in certain ways. 

Anything can happen against Dos Anjos, I personally don't think Dos Anjos is that good, but neither is McGregor. Conor was talking about moving up to 170 as well. He would get absolutely destroyed at 170.

Imagine him vs Condit, Lawler, MacDonald etc. Even Matt Brown & Woodley would beat Conor imo.

Until someone beats him he is the guy. If he looses a competitive fight to Dos Anjos he has done well. He has unusual power and brilliant timing and accuracy. Its a rare gift.

It will be interesting to see him and a strong grappler. Does he have the abilty to get up or will he be dragged down time and again. If he can develop the a ground game similar to Bisping he will be a monster. Bisping defensive grappling and abilty to get off his back os some of the most underrated in the sport. Its near on impossible to keep him down. McGregor can be great at 155 but noway does he make it at 170lb. The jump from 155-170 is huge. Can you imagine McGregor against a prime GSP for example,jesus Anderson Silva fought at that weight in Japan. I like Connor though and hope its a great fight.

Shame that BJ Penn is so old as McGregor vs Penn would have been fucking immense

Until someone beats him he is the guy. If he looses a competitive fight to Dos Anjos he has done well. He has unusual power and brilliant timing and accuracy. Its a rare gift.

It will be interesting to see him and a strong grappler. Does he have the abilty to get up or will he be dragged down time and again. If he can develop the a ground game similar to Bisping he will be a monster. Bisping defensive grappling and abilty to get off his back os some of the most underrated in the sport. Its near on impossible to keep him down. McGregor can be great at 155 but noway does he make it at 170lb. The jump from 155-170 is huge. Can you imagine McGregor against a prime GSP for example,jesus Anderson Silva fought at that weight in Japan. I like Connor though and hope its a great fight.

Shame that BJ Penn is so old as McGregor vs Penn would have been fucking immense

I've said before if Michael Bisbing had Decent power and a little bit of a better chin he would be unbeatable, his work rate and ground game is top notch, as is his stand up but he just doesn't carry the power to stop some fighters walking through it.

If McGregor is gonna go up to 170 he should pace himself and allow himself to put on the right weight, it doesn't sound like he's gonna wait though because if he beats Dos Anjos he will want a straight title shot at 170 and to be fair good luck to the lad.

If he wins at 170 then he'll surely have to be talked about as one of the greatest.

Big ifs of course.

He wont be big enough at Welter.

He's used to being big for his weight

Jesus the current fight is him vs Robbie Lawler. Lawler is 3in taller and huge. Robbie would twat him into next week. Can anyone really see him knocking out Robbie or Johnny Hendricks. Both hit like trucks and took each others shots for 25 minutes.

His frame isnt big enough for 170

He wont be big enough at Welter.

He's used to being big for his weight

Jesus the current fight is him vs Robbie Lawler. Lawler is 3in taller and huge. Robbie would twat him into next week. Can anyone really see him knocking out Robbie or Johnny Hendricks. Both hit like trucks and took each others shots for 25 minutes.

His frame isnt big enough for 170

Be funny seeing him fight the likes of Condit, he'd tower over him and look huge

There are better fighters in the UFC than McGregor, to make out he's a 'once in a generation' fighter (only if fighter is what you meant) is questionable.

Dont think that is what he meant - combine the Irish with his ability to promote and he is the best thing UFC have going. As long as he doesn't lose he will continue to be.

Velasquez out of the heavyweight rematch- Miocic in.

Cain needs to prove he can go a full camp without getting injured before they book him in another main event I think.

I'm more interested in the new match though to be honest- I didn't think Cain deserved the instant rematch.

Velasquez out of the heavyweight rematch- Miocic in.

Cain needs to prove he can go a full camp without getting injured before they book him in another main event I think.

I'm more interested in the new match though to be honest- I didn't think Cain deserved the instant rematch.

They should let him start juicing again then maybe he'd be ok

Dont think that is what he meant - combine the Irish with his ability to promote and he is the best thing UFC have going. As long as he doesn't lose he will continue to be.

That's the problem though, he will lose. So how are you going to market him after a crushing lose like Rousey suffered? His whole schtick and persona requires him not to lose.

They need him as the cash cow at the moment. They have no massive PPV stars just now.

Look at the champs,all great fighters but no 'stars' as such

Werdum

Cormier

Rockhold

Lawler

Dos Anjos

McGregor

Cruz

Johnson

None are major PPV pushers like Silva,Penn,Lesnar,Liddell were

It's just impossible to stay undefeated in that organisation. McGregor has gone from fighting barely top 10 guys to fighting the second best fighter in his division, then straight away fighting the best, then straight away fighting the best in the division above. It's like Khan fighting Brook as soon as people call for the fight, then fighting Mayweather 3 months later, then fighting Canelo 3 months after that. Then if he wins fighting Golovkin.

It's just non stop killer after killer. You can't win, it's rigged in the houses favour.

It's just impossible to stay undefeated in that organisation. McGregor has gone from fighting barely top 10 guys to fighting the second best fighter in his division, then straight away fighting the best, then straight away fighting the best in the division above. It's like Khan fighting Brook as soon as people call for the fight, then fighting Mayweather 3 months later, then fighting Canelo 3 months after that. Then if he wins fighting Golovkin.

It's just non stop killer after killer. You can't win, it's rigged in the houses favour.

He's a beast of a fighter. He's got it all. Speed, skill, technique, intelligence, confidence and marketability. He's going to lose at some stage but I fancy him to hold both belts and defend them each, at least once.

I don't disagree

I love what Connors doing,you can't say he's taking the easy road. It similar to Froch run in some ways. Going on the road and fighting the best. He will eventually come up against someone better its just going to be interesting when. Can he move through the lightweights and get stopped at Welter or are there too many killers at 155

Jon Jones is looking monstrous

I like Cormier but i thinks Jones is going to do a number on him,a real highlight real. Then he will do the same at heavyweights. There are no real 265lb ers anymore to hold him down and beat him. Id love to see Overeem and Jones. I think Jones wins late on say rounds 3-5