You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's ok mate I'm not the one getting fed shite by the owners, go and eat your handful you fucking mug

You have bought the shite from the owners since they arrived. That's why you're so angry, angry boy. I've understand the reason they bought the club from day one, so I'm not. Welcome to the real world. Better late than never.

At the end of the day, we all wanted some decent signings brought in, to either A) fit straight into the first 11, and/or be very useful backups to any of the starting 11.

We have done none of the above.

So, the owners, or those in control (fucked if I can work out who does what any more tbh) either didnt try hard enough, or arent prepared to open the purse more than what "they" think is a reasonable sum for players capable of either of the above.

If that is the case, then my questions are the following......

Why the fuck are those people in a position to make those sort of decisions when they very obviously do not have a clue?

Why the fuck did the "owners" buy us if they werent prepared to go the distance, money wise? (instead of this moneyball bollocks)

And, what the fuck is going on with the ownership/running of this club?

Top 4? the way we do business, we will be lucky to make top fucking trumps.

Some things in life make me wish I had tourettes, then I could just say, fucking cunty shit bollocks bunch of cunts, and blame it on an illness.

One thing puzzles me, who the fuck decides our targets? I mean Henrikh Costa and William were 3 different types of players but as one was missed we moved on to the next. Then we wouldn't pay more then 11m for the main target Salah in this window but then for the fallback Konoplyanka we were willing to bid more. There's a lot of ball busting of FSG on here for not putting up funds but our committee and manager are fucking bigger shithouses if this is how they act, and these are the guys that are meant to know about football in the whole set-up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26000458

Arsenal signed an injured player as cover for two injured players.

I don't understand football at all!

Under European law the two existing injured players could only occupy the treatment table for no more than 8 hours each per working day. Having a third injured player means that the treatment table can now be run at maximum capacity each 24 hour period.

Then we wouldn't pay more then 11m for the main target Salah in this window but then for the fallback Konoplyanka we were willing to bid more. 

This actually makes sense to me in a way.

I can certainly imagine the scouts saying "there's an Egyptian, quite good with the potential to get better for the long-term.  True value about 16-17 million according to our projections, but we think we can get him for 12 million.  Best value in that position."

So we make him our prime target, only to find that Basel's valuation/Chelsea's bid was pretty close to our valuation of him so there wasn't a lot of value there.  Move on to target number two, who the scouts assess as "Ukrainian, plays same position, slightly better player, we reckon his true value is 18 million, but we think we can get him for 15 or 16 million."  In other words, they thought that Konoplyanka was the slightly better player, but Salah represented better value so he was our main target at the beginning of the window.

Or does that only make sense in my head?

• Upvote 2

I see what you are saying and it does make sense, but surely Lucho has a clause for us getting CL footy. I really hope he would stay but why would he if he doesn't see his ambitions matched by the owners.

Oh no on that front I totally agree, if we don't make the CL I think Suarez is gone. I just don't see why the owners, if they truly want to sell, would think that Suarez being gone and us not being in the CL is good for their ability to do so.

I thought it was odd the way that nothing seemed to get serious until the week after the owners witnessed that disappointing result against Villa, with about 10 days of the window left. It does make you wonder about their commitment to improving the club’s fortunes on the pitch or even their understanding of how best to do this. It’s not like value investing with shares. Buying an ok player and improving him so he’s quite good might double his value but we need very good players to get to where we want to be. So if we had the means to trigger Konoplyanka’s exit clause why were we after a lesser player like Salah in the first place? Or did we think the players were comparable and try to exploit the fact that Basle were mispricing Salah?

I suppose it doesn’t matter now. I’m not that bothered about missing out on Salah or Konoplyanka, players from their parts of the world rarely adapt successfully to english football, Mkhitaryan hasn’t exactly set the Bundesliga alight so far apparently and he seemed a pretty cosmopolitan character compared to most.

What bugs me is the is the failure to strengthen in more important positions. Honestly, if you can’t find a left back better than Aly Cissokho anywhere what chance have you got?

I can certainly imagine the scouts saying "there's an Egyptian, quite good with the potential to get better for the long-term. True value about 16-17 million according to our projections, but we think we can get him for 12 million. Best value in that position."

So we make him our prime target, only to find that Basel's valuation/Chelsea's bid was pretty close to our valuation of him so there wasn't a lot of value there. Move on to target number two, who the scouts assess as "Ukrainian, plays same position, slightly better player, we reckon his true value is 18 million, but we think we can get him for 15 or 16 million." In other words, they thought that Konoplyanka was the slightly better player, but Salah represented better value so he was our main target at the beginning of the window.

It makes perfect sense if you're buying players to sell on. It doesn't make any sense if your aim is to improve the best you can. Not saying you're wrong by the way, I think its only possibly what we're doing.

You have to assume this loan was done to ensure it got done in time for the close of the window and they'll make it permanent in the summer.

Kallstrom is an odd one. He's a real blast from the past, it's like us signing Michael Tonge or some shitty player we were always linked with 10 years ago.

I can certainly imagine the scouts saying "there's an Egyptian, quite good with the potential to get better for the long-term.  True value about 16-17 million according to our projections, but we think we can get him for 12 million.  Best value in that position."

So we make him our prime target, only to find that Basel's valuation/Chelsea's bid was pretty close to our valuation of him so there wasn't a lot of value there.  Move on to target number two, who the scouts assess as "Ukrainian, plays same position, slightly better player, we reckon his true value is 18 million, but we think we can get him for 15 or 16 million."  In other words, they thought that Konoplyanka was the slightly better player, but Salah represented better value so he was our main target at the beginning of the window.

As Barry said above, this only makes sense if you are buying people with the intention to make a profit on them.

Football isn't like that. Or at least it shouldn't be. We buy assets in the hope that they stay at our club forever.