You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There's a lot of glass half empty in this thread. We're emerging from this window with a better team than we entered it with.

All we've got to do is play Dunkin' Donuts at left back, Vauxhall Motors in the holding role and rely on the concept of value for money in a wide attacking position. Sorted.

Bet Dunkin' puts in a better cross than Cissokho.

• Upvote 1

My biggest worry this transfer window is that Rodgers doesn’t seem to worry!

I’m not complaining about Salah not coming. He might have been a good signing for us, then again maybe not. No, my worry is that we have no DM! It worries me! A lot!

I’m not usually a pessimist. Until we met Villa I thought we were in the title race, not just in the race for 4th place.

After the Villa match my mood has really changed. Against Vila we played good football for 20 mins, the same 20 mins Lucas was playing.  Not being in the market for at DM in the summer was a big mistake IMO. Lucas is not word class, but he’s OK. Problem is he’s the only player we have to play that role. No back-up, no competition for the most important position on the field had to be wrong.

And now he’s out for months. How are we supposed to take control of the midfield now? Gerrard? Allen? Sorry mates, it’s not in their blood to play that role. But Brendan doesn’t seem to realize this is a big problem. Why doesn’t he?  I’m afraid we’ll find the answer to that in his team selection for the Villa game.

Being bossed in midfield by the opposition I can see us loosing many of the big home games against top opposition this spring, starting next Tuesday. Yes, we are in danger of being outplayed and loose to the bitters on Tuesday. The mancs will have Rooney/van Persie back. Together with Mata, luck might just turn for them, in spite of Gollum. Everton and Spurs are also going to win a lot of games. We may very well fall behind all three of them.

Is there a fix? I believe so. We’ve got one week to sign a good DM. If we don’t I fear for the rest of the season. And for the next as Suarez will surely abandon ship.

So we are are happily challenging for the title and then we draw a game and we are fucked.

You can't argue with logic like that, and maybe we can cope without Lucas you know the way we fucking did for the half a season or so because of the injury that he just  came back from.

So we are are happily challenging for the title and then we draw a game and we are fucked.

You can't argue with logic like that, and maybe we can cope without Lucas you know the way we fucking did for the half a season or so because of the injury that he just  came back from.

7th? That's cool.