You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mata one of the worlds best players has just been sold by Chelsea, why does this Salah think he has a chance of breaking into the Chelsea team?  I honestly can't think of a $ingle reason as to why he would go there...

Because Salah is a winger with pace and Mata needs to play through the middle and is unlikey to press teams when Chelsea don't have the ball. You can argue that Chelsea are mad to sell to Manu but there is no argument that Salah is a far better fit for the current Chelsea and formation than Mata was.

Because Salah is a winger with pace and Mata needs to play through the middle and is unlikey to press teams when Chelsea don't have the ball. You can argue that Chelsea are mad to sell to Manu but there is no argument that Salah is a far better fit for the current Chelsea and formation than Mata was.

No I get that, but he isn't going to get Oscar, Hazard or Willian out the side.  All 3 are far better players, he'll not start many games for them.

Certainly the fact that people keep posting over and over that it is not about Salah proves that is most definitely is about Salah.

Definitely. I've seen one Salah youtube video, so I'm gutted some Moroccan cunt, in a position that isn't a priority for us to strengthen, that has been playing in a pub league, won't be signing for us.

There simply aren't any legitimate worries about our activity in the transfer market. Everyone who disagrees is a kneejerk, football manager playing, sky generation, want it all now, idiot, who simply doesn't understand the sport as well as I do.

• Upvote 6

Definitely. I've seen one Salah youtube video, so I'm gutted some Moroccan cunt, in a position that isn't a priority for us to strengthen, that has been playing in a pub league, won't be signing for us.

There simply aren't any legitimate worries about our activity in the transfer market. Everyone who disagrees is a kneejerk, football manager playing, sky generation, want it all now, idiot, who simply doesn't understand the sport as well as I do.

He's algerian

I'm not talking about Salah. Who's talking about Salah? Are you talking about Salah?

Salah.

This post made me realise he could have had a song worked to the tune of Umbrella by Rihanna.

Suppose Chelsea will steal that as well now.

Can someone punch Ian in the face again, please?

This post made me realise he could have had a song worked to the tune of Umbrella by Rihanna.

Suppose Chelsea will steal that as well now.

Can someone punch Ian in the face again, please?

If Chelsea do "steal" this particular potential new song you had lined up for Sally boy, on its first airing at the bridge, I think we will all agree it was well and truly a bullet dodged.

They'll soon be regretting signing him. The song stealing rascals 

let me try and put it more simply.

FSG and ayre are part of the committee.

Who mentioned the Commitee? I'm sure you will agree that the Owners are able to remove whoever they like. I just think that they don't really want to and they are happy to drift along. Simply put

• Upvote 1

Who mentioned the Commitee? I'm sure you will agree that the Owners are able to remove whoever they like. I just think that they don't really want to and they are happy to drift along. Simply put

The person you were responding too.

Incidentally where does Suarez fit into this conspiracy?

If Chelsea do "steal" this particular potential new song you had lined up for Sally boy, on its first airing at the bridge, I think we will all agree it was well and truly a bullet dodged.

They'll soon be regretting signing him. The song stealing rascals 

The old switcheroo, and they fell for it.

I can sense this lad is going to be a star, although granted I've never seen him play and had absolutely no prior knowledge of his existence until our interest peaked a few weeks ago. I can see it just by looking at his lightly tasselled locks and the way his legs scamper in a heavily edited youtube video set to the backdrop of "I don't care...I love it...I love it.

His penchant for anti Semitism is just the icing on the cake. Our little pharaoh, our dip sauce based Osiris, from the last forgotten empire, our Salah.

• Upvote 1

There is no conspiracy. Just my opinion that we need to change the way we operate or we risk stagnating ( again ) You have to show ambition and I'm not sure whether the will is there. How long do you think we will be able to attract/keep top talent ? We all hoped that the days of shit transfer windows were over, I just don't think they are.

Never mind, the wait and see and I reserve judgement brigade can do that til the cows come home. I'd rather we got our arses into gear, if that's what we really want.

There is no conspiracy. Just my opinion that we need to change the way we operate or we risk stagnating ( again ) You have to show ambition and I'm not sure whether the will is there. How long do you think we will be able to attract/keep top talent ? We all hoped that the days of shit transfer windows were over, I just don't think they are.

Never mind, the wait and see and I reserve judgement brigade can do that til the cows come home. I'd rather we got our arses into gear, if that's what we really want.

The ability to attract top talent stopped (or was made harder) by the lack of champions league football.

What I'm struggling to reconcile is where suarez fits into the club's supposed willingness to just cruise along and not really do anything.

Lots of love here for Sakho and it might just be me but I think Sakho is shit. Every tackle seems to be an impression of Bambi, and every run and scuffed pass seems to be another impression of Bambi. He's just quite a muscular version of Bambi who fills me with dread every time he is on the ball.

• Downvote 1

That will be me then.

FSG are not on the committee. Again the committee ultimately answers to FSG

We have a Head of Recruitment, Head of Performance and Ayre whose job it is to negotiate deals.

The ability to attract top talent stopped (or was made harder) by the lack of champions league football.

What I'm struggling to reconcile is where suarez fits into the club's supposed willingness to just cruise along and not really do anything.

Ok seeing as you asked so nicely.

We may not have a " lack of Champions League " if we did the deals on players we want quicker, players who the Manager rate and feels would improve us before any other club had the chance to come in and gazump us.

As far as Suarez goes, I think that his future is linked to CL football, the new contract was a win/win situation for him. He gets a nice pay rise ( fully deserved ) if we don't make CL he leaves for a team who has for a pre determined fee.

Surely you can agree that the better the squad, the better chance of CL footy, the more chance we keep/attract top talent.

That will be me then.

FSG are not on the committee. Again the committee ultimately answers to FSG

We have a Head of Recruitment, Head of Performance and Ayre whose job it is to negotiate deals.

They are ayre is their representative as they wouldn't be able to start negotiations with anyone.

Lots of love here for Sakho and it might just be me but I think Sakho is shit. Every tackle seems to be an impression of Bambi, and every run and scuffed pass seems to be another impression of Bambi. He's just quite a muscular version of Bambi who fills me with dread every time he is on the ball.

He's one of the better centre halfs in the league, he's fucking boss.

They are ayre is their representative as they wouldn't be able to start negotiations with anyone.

If that is true, then it sort of proves my point as to why he hasn't been sacked. The Owners are obviously happy with how he does things. And if we carry on like this, we will not compete.

you're wasting your time watching football