You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There must be some fancy algorithm that can predict how the discussion will unfold in a January window when we've not signed anyone. Sort of like the bloke in Pi who drills into his own brain. 

Ian Ayre + it's a hard window to buy anyone / Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho X "we fucked up in the summer" - injuries + the owners - loan signings X FFP = Mata.

Totally disagree about Enrique.  I think he is really good, especially defensively, but he also has loads of energy which is needed for that role and gets the odd goal and a few assists.  

Plus Rodgers has done nothing but praise him and rightly so - probably our most underrated player.  He got more goals and assists than Johnson last season, who was raved about his attacking game.  His passing stats are fine as well.  He hardly costs us any goals.  Can't wait for him to come back.  He needs some competition, but I think he'll probably be first choice after that, he's boss.

Johnson will go.

I will say no more about Enrique as Enrique will do the talking for me when he returns to the side, balloons a shot into the kop with Liverpool players queuing up in the box.

We need two first choice fullbacks and the first choice fullbacks we currently have are on too much money to remain on the bench.

I will say no more about Enrique as Enrique will do the talking for me when he returns to the side, balloons a shot into the kop with Liverpool players queuing up in the box.

We need two first choice fullbacks and the first choice fullbacks we currently have are on too much money to remain on the bench.

He won't remain on the bench.  Rodgers rates him highly, that's why he said Johnson and Enrique are the best pair of full backs in the league at the end of last season... that was before Johnson went shit.

Every window that goes by, I get less and less excited by the names we're supposedly linked with. It's either kids or fringe players from fringe teams...and this window is the worst by far - the biggest name has been De Jong. wtf. 

Stating the obvious, but if we don't sign some starting-quality first teamers in the next week....we'd be lucky to finish 4th. 

• Downvote 1

Every window that goes by, I get less and less excited by the names we're supposedly linked with. It's either kids or fringe players from fringe teams...and this window is the worst by far - the biggest name has been De Jong. wtf. 

Stating the obvious, but if we don't sign some starting-quality first teamers in the next week....we'd be lucky to finish 4th. 

That's not really fair as in the last 2 transfer windows (not including this transfer window) we've signed Sturridge, Coutinho and Sakho (imho) they are quality and would not look out of place playing for CL team.

It isn't easy to sign quality players and recently we've done quite well.

• Upvote 1

Enrique scored goals creates goals and we haven't lost a league game in nearly a year in which he's started, I hope he keeps doing that talking for you when he gets back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

That's not really fair as in the last 2 transfer windows (not including this transfer window) we've signed Sturridge, Coutinho and Sakho (imho) they are quality and would not look out of place playing for CL team.

Just stick Mata on the credit card - that's what my wife thinks anyway

You're right, I guess I just meant that I'd feel a little more secure knowing we were chasing a few established names already playing at a high level in addition to the value acquisitions. I know we're going after under valued players for good reasons, but in this case with the CL and Suarez future on the line I'd like to see us in contention for one or two of the bigger names, some players we know are ready to slot in immediately (just like Sakho and Mignolet in the summer and Sturridge and Coutinho last year). This year, not really sure any of the names being touted aren't just Aspas-types.

Also, I'm just complaining.