You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

#topoftheleagueinit

Barrington Womble

Swansea - away

Saints - home

Sunderland - away

Palace - home

Newcastle - away

WBA - home

Not an outrageous thought to think we could stay there for a bit.

That was always the feeling when the fixtures were released (we had a lot of winnable looking games), but I hate looking further than the next match its when we ALWAYS fuck up.

Made up with 9 points, we need to think no further than 12 points after Swansea.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Shhhhhh' date=' just whisper it. Forgotten the last time we're in this position.[/quote']

Got to be around Christmas of the 2008/09 season, hasn't it? I still can't believe we missed out.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Hehe' date=' I was going to say similar but thought it would be against the spirit of the thread. I'm certainly not getting carried away.[/quote']

One thing that I find positive is since January, we've picked up more points than United. That's definitely enough time to call it a trend.

Plus, our next six games are pretty kind. Not carried away, but cautiously positive.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
there is getting carried away and then there is smileys. fucking hell.

Totally unnecessary at this stage of the season, aren't they. If we win the league, without conceding, and without dropping a point, then we can allow one smiley per thread. For a day.

Plus, our next six games are pretty kind. Not carried away, but cautiously positive.

Excellent start and, if I am honest, not the one I expected to see when the fixtures were released.

I am just hoping/praying that we keep the momentum and only think one game at a time. The crucial game for me is the first one after the break at Swansea - get 3 points there and we march on.

I am also hoping we have a bit of luck with injuries - I just found out that Sturridge has been called to the England squad for the Moldova game - that incompetent wanker Woy would love nothing more than to teach us a lesson after the directors box "snub" and I won't put it past him to play Sturridge for the full 90 minutes and run him into the ground. If Sturridge gets injured there is only one person to blame and that is the arl cunt Hodgson.

One thing that I find positive is since January, we've picked up more points than United. That's definitely enough time to call it a trend.

Code: "Yeah but if you slice it this way.... Like, if you only include games where we scored an odd number of goals and we didn't make any substitutions that is the best way to judge. And don't worry your simple little minds, i'm well ahead of you. I have made the calculations and we only come out with 11 points. 11 points since January."

• 2 weeks later...