You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Does Rodgers deserve another season?

I voted yes. I'm a realist. Reality tells me that KK's comeback, which I really wanted to herald a new era, is over before it began.

Reality tells me that Rafa is a cup winning manager, not a Premier League manager, and in any case FSG will never allow it to happen.

Rogers is their man, and he'll have all the time he needs. I'm not 100% behind him, but I am behind him enough to give the man time to show me what he and the squad can do.

I'm not going to insist on minimum expectations either - like "4th" or 'blah' amount of goals.

Transfers in and out could change the team substantially between now and season's start, so its feet up, kick back and watch with interest how the team unfolds.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted yes.

I think he has done what he set out to do this season, build a team that plays smooth football and tear apart weaker teams, as well as getting the best out of players by motivating them to put in their best effort. Downing, Enrique, Henderson have all performed with much more energy and have been putting in their best for us for the past few months, even if it is still not of the best standard.

His handling of the Suarez biting incident was absolutely genius, the media didn't fuck us up like the racist cunt incident and its thanks to him and the lfc media team.

His January signings have also been absolutely class, and this allows stability and the team to build itself up. I'm really excited on the damn prospects of next season once Suarez and Gerard come back into the squad, I do see us seriously challenging for the top 4 once again with the rest.

I sympathise with the people who are tired of changing managers but I am happy to keep searching until we find someone who can combine attacking football and ability to grind out results when playing poorly. I just don't see the second trait in Rodgers at all. Hopefully I'm wrong next season.

We binned managers, and many of us thought those making the appointments would have a markedly better one lined up. They didn't, and i don't see any indication that would change if we handed Rodgers his P45 tomorrow.

I see enough improvement to warrant a second season, and it seems the players he's targeting won't be dead in the water should he go at a later date, which is arguably one of the issues we've had for a couple of years now.

Voted yes.

I think he has done what he set out to do this season, build a team that plays smooth football and tear apart weaker teams, as well as getting the best out of players by motivating them to put in their best effort. Downing, Enrique, Henderson have all performed with much more energy and have been putting in their best for us for the past few months, even if it is still not of the best standard.

His handling of the Suarez biting incident was absolutely genius, the media didn't fuck us up like the racist cunt incident and its thanks to him and the lfc media team.

His January signings have also been absolutely class, and this allows stability and the team to build itself up. I'm really excited on the damn prospects of next season once Suarez and Gerard come back into the squad, I do see us seriously challenging for the top 4 once again with the rest.

It's not an achievemant to 'tear apart weaker opponents'.

Are you for real?

For sure he does. I think we have made progress and become a better team. I think Rodgers certainly have identified our main weknesses and done something about it. Namely goals. As a result other areas have probably suffered a bit but im confident he'll asses that now as well.

We'd have wasted a whole season and a load of money if we were about to change managers again. With three or four quality additions we should be able to push on further.

Very much so.

He seems the right man for the job at the moment, He has a young team who have done well since January. The prospect of suarez,sturridge and another good attacker, be that an improved Sterling or someone we sign- infront of Stevie and Couthinho over a whole season is mouth watering.

I voted yes, I've said on a different thread earlier in the season I don't think he's the right one for Liverpool fc,But the improvement in the past 7-8 matches and the fact the world class managers all seem to want £100m to spend makes me think 2-3 top signings in the summer and next season could be a good one for us.Also Chelsea,scum,city will all have a summer of big changes and I think regardless of who they bring in it could give them all inconsistent starts.

Guest davelfc

Does he deserve another season? That's difficult, he will get another season and if he buys wisely in the summer window and we keep our decent players then who knows.

I think we're treading water with him, next season could make or break us. Obviously I hope it's the former.

I expect nothing else under the current owners/CEO. He suits their aims pretty well, can he also suit ours, again I only have hope and that's fading.

So I suppose my answer isn't listed, I couldn't give a shit because if they replaced him it would cost a fortune and they'd hire some other bluffer. It must be my age.

I'm not at all convinced that Rodgers is the man to lead us to league and CL glory, but I don't see that as reason enough to get rid of him. I think he's capable of establishing us as a top four side, which would give us a much better platform to move on further a few years down the line. He's also, Brentisms aside, a good ambassador for the club and likes his teams to play an attractive style of football - things we can't really take for granted in a manager these days.

Also, as has been noted already, looking above us in the table, we could be in a great position to take advantage next year. Four of the top six will be undergoing a change of regime, while the other two (Arsenal and Spurs) really aren't that far ahead of us as it is. It would be a massive miscalculation to sack a settled Rodgers right now with our competitors in such a fluid state.

Something else that doesn't seem to have been considered is: what manager could we attract this summer that could reasonably be expected to achieve more than Rodgers under the same circumstances he operates in?

He deserves more time just like other managers did before him. Time will tell us if he has what it takes.

I think some fans have ridiculously low expectations now. Mission accomplished for FSG on that score. However, that's an argument for another thread. Rodgers is doing okay and deserves time and support.

He deserves more time just like other managers did before him. Time will tell us if he has what it takes.

I think some fans have ridiculously low expectations now. Mission accomplished for FSG on that score. However, that's an argument for another thread. Rodgers is doing okay and deserves time and support.

What do you think fans expect, TK421? Have you lowered yours? What do you expect next season? And why do you think FSG were on a mission to lower expectations?

No more questions.

It's not an achievemant to 'tear apart weaker opponents'.

Are you for real?

To be fair it kind of is, our failure to do so with any great regularity in Rafa's title challenge year was what stopped us winning the league given our record against our 3 closest rivals that year. I guess our problem in recent years has been it's been one or the other, last year under Kenny we beat a lot of good sides (OK some were in cups) but struggled to break down the shite. This year has been the polar opposite, and to be any good we need both.

Anyway, for what it's worth put me in the "Not convinced but give him another season" camp.