You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Saturday night is home made pizza night for the kids. Cheaper and more fun than Dominoes. 

13197863-427A-4F64-AC48-E0A7A9171CB9.jpeg

Repped for the Ferrari pizza oven, those things are fucking great. I've noticed they've been on offer a lot recently for less than a ton if anyone fancies one.

We don't have a pizza oven but homemade pizzas are great. I use a stone in the oven with a peel and make the dough with leftover sourdough starter from making bread.

Like Tony I often keep it simple and put a couple of custard creams on   just have mozzarella and basil but I do also like to mix it up. Artichokes are my absolute favourite pizza ingredient and I'm also known to use sprouting broccoli, olives, pesto and ricotta (not all at the same time). Pizza is fucking great, I'm making some tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

We don't have a pizza oven but homemade pizzas are great. I use a stone in the oven with a peel and make the dough with leftover sourdough starter from making bread.

Like Tony I often keep it simple and put a couple of custard creams on   just have mozzarella and basil but I do also like to mix it up. Artichokes are my absolute favourite pizza ingredient and I'm also known to use sprouting broccoli, olives, pesto and ricotta (not all at the same time). Pizza is fucking great, I'm making some tomorrow.

I know you are saving all your cash for coffee paraphenalia, but do consider getting one of those ovens. Delicious pizza in 3 minutes, sometimes less and only takes 5 minutes to get up to temperature. I recommend a high hydration dough (70-75% volume of water to flour)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I know you are saving all your cash for coffee paraphenalia, but do consider getting one of those ovens. Delicious pizza in 3 minutes, sometimes less and only takes 5 minutes to get up to temperature. I recommend a high hydration dough (70-75% volume of water to flour)

I've all the coffee gear I need, link me up Rem C Hammer.

On 29/04/2022 at 17:53, Bjornebye said:

Cockles? I absolutely love them but most people look at you like you've just sucked shit out their dogs arse when you mention them. 

I love cockles. Whelks as well. Prefer them to prawns. It’s a niche taste though. Never met another whelk lover. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

What coffee gear are you running with now?

Still the V60 as my go to with an Aeropress and Moka pot on standby at all times but I did invest in a Svart Wilfa grinder which has taken things to a whole other level. I have no intention to invest in an espresso machine any time soon, I just can't justify the outlay or space in the house and I do love pour over coffee.

33 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Still the V60 as my go to with an Aeropress and Moka pot on standby at all times but I did invest in a Svart Wilfa grinder which has taken things to a whole other level. I have no intention to invest in an espresso machine any time soon, I just can't justify the outlay or space in the house and I do love pour over coffee.

Yeah I got a Sage grinder and it really does change things doesn't it? I haven't got round to buying some decent v60 papers to try a pour over again, the ones that came with the V60 leave a really noticeable papery flavour even when rinsed. But also tempted to get a clever dripper. Anyway this should be on the coffee thread but fuck the police.

• Upvote 1