You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Fuck the happy clappers. Milner is to be our big signing and a manager who presided over a 6 fucking 1 defeat to Stoke City, never mind the spineless capitulation to possibly the worst Aston villa side in the modern era, is being retained. Not even treading water, drowning not waving. Sad day.

• Upvote 2

Fuck the happy clappers. Milner is to be our big signing and a manager who presided over a 6 fucking 1 defeat to Stoke City, never mind the spineless capitulation to possibly the worst Aston villa side in the modern era, is being retained. Not even treading water, drowning not waving. Sad day.

Brendan Rodgers to STAY as Liverpool manager

Rodgers met chairman Tom Werner and Mike Gordon, president of the club’s owners Fenway Sports Group, for a two-hour debrief at a city centre location yesterday into why the campaign had fallen short of expectations.

The upshot the meeting is that Rodgers will be handed the chance to lead Liverpool’s revival next season after all parties agreed on a “comprehensive plan for improvement” designed to help the club move forward.

101.gif

• Upvote 1

Always said he'd bullshit the bullshitters when it came to the bullshit review. It's how he got the job.

He probably gave up on the season after Arsenal and Villa so he could concentrate on preparing another dodgy dossier interspersed with soundbites about how none of it is his fault.

We really are fucked. It's like 2010 all over again. As for top 4 next season there's no chance with the crap we're linked with and the top 4 will race ahead with ambitious signings, more CL money and prestige and much better squads already.

Feels more like 1993 to me, when Souness was a dead man walking but Moores bottled out of sacking him.

• Upvote 1

BRENDAN RODGERS will remain as Liverpool manager following his end-of-season review with the 
The upshot the meeting is that Rodgers will be handed the chance to lead Liverpool’s revival next season after all parties agreed on a “comprehensive plan for improvement” designed to help the club move forward.

200.gif

Please don't tell me what to do. I'll make my own mind up thanks.

I'll support the team...always have, always will. As for supporting Brendan Rodgers...no I will not. I won't boo him in the ground, but I won't be singing his name either. I have no faith or belief in him for the reasons I have previously stated. If that somehow makes me "less of a fan" so be it.

• Upvote 1

Other then Hodgeson I cant really remember there being this many on and off here tgat want the manager gone, next season looking even grimmer them last at this point and if Milner (who isn't a bad player) is the extent of our ambition I'm dreading it.

You must have missed Rafa's last season. This place is poisonous. 2nd place finishes followed by underwhelming seasons seems to bring out the worst in the supporters on here.

I'm glad Rodgers has got another chance, even if I wouldn't have minded Klopp. I'm not sure the players we're after are good enough to lift us to the level needed, but at least we're seemingly targeting players for the right positions.

A "beyond robust" enquiry into the absolute shambolic cunt of a season.

Over in two hours.

It's been a great season. The next TV rights deal has increased substantially. In Boston that more than makes up for the shambles on the pitch. Then when the new stand is completed next year then they can start touting us around and leave Rodgers as the next lots problem.

The club needs genuine ambition and vision if we're ever going to get back to the top. These fellas just want to keep things ticking over.

I am not particularly concerned with Brendan staying as I still believe he is a good manager, though Klopp and Ancelotti have more history of actually winning when it matters.

I´m more concerned about FSG´s "extensive plan for improvement" which sounds like a whole load of waffle to me which means us moving sideways or even backwards and rolling the dice on Benteke coming in and solving all our problems.

To me it looks like FSG are doing a H&G: lying to the fans about nonexistant plans to move us forward while we drift gently down the table and they aim to see us eke out a small but steady profit through sponsorship before they eventually sell up in a few years.

One thing we can all agree with and that is if Rodgers has another season like this he will be sacked, no ifs, or review meeting bollocks, he's toast. If he has another first half of season like the last one he's toast as well. In the meantime I'm getting behind him. "We go again" biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

Flabbergasting, depressing.... I was hoping the clueless owners would know better and sack Rodgers.

But not to worry, Rodgers will continue with his fuck- ups where he left off at Stoke. He'll be outa here by November, by which time Klopp could be persuaded to take over.

It's all for a reason.

One thing we can all agree with and that is if Rodgers has another season like this he will be sacked, no ifs, or review meeting bollocks, he's toast. If he has another first half of season like the last one he's toast as well. In the meantime I'm getting behind him. "We go again" [/size]biggrin.gif

Another season like this and the next man is on a hiding to nothing as we'll be too far behind to catch up unless he can work miracles. It'd take years to sort out the mess if a further one is created. The top 4 aren't standing still anymore either, or in transition.

We were in a position of strength last summer and set ourselves back years with one of the worst summers in transfer history and the few before it were bad enough. It'd take some recovering from as it is but another season of it and under these half arsed clueless fucks there's no way back. No Gerrard, no Suarez, no real star quality left and none will be signed under this regime.

One thing we can all agree with and that is if Rodgers has another season like this he will be sacked, no ifs, or review meeting bollocks, he's toast. If he has another first half of season like the last one he's toast as well. In the meantime I'm getting behind him. "We go again" biggrin.gif

That´s all one can do really, although he´s not going to be much more popular than Hodgson or Rafa at Chelsea at this stage.

My concern then is who we´re going to sign if he is sacked. Garry Monk? Will the fans really go for that?