You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Youth Cup Quarter Final - Hull City (a)

Allan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember such a promising squad as we have now at this level. Rossiter is a precocious talent, Lussey is very promising, Trickett-Smith keeps improving, Sinclair is a clever player who does a hell of a lot of work off the ball to support Ibe, Ibe is pacy and powerful, and Dunn, who was great tonight, is someone who looks to make things happen and more often than not succeeds. It was a very good effort tonight, showing plenty of patience and intelligence against a well-organised Hull intent on getting a smash and grab victory.

I can't remember such a promising squad as we have now at this level. Rossiter is a precocious talent, Lussey is very promising, Trickett-Smith keeps improving, Sinclair is a clever player who does a hell of a lot of work off the ball to support Ibe, Ibe is pacy and powerful, and Dunn, who was great tonight, is someone who looks to make things happen and more often than not succeeds. It was a very good effort tonight, showing plenty of patience and intelligence against a well-organised Hull intent on getting a smash and grab victory.

Agreed. You can also add Fulton, Jones and McLaughlin to those names. All 3 have performed extremely well throughout the course of this season, at whatever level they've played.

Apparently some 14 year old caught the eye in the WBA highlights. I missed them.

Harry Wilson? I hear he's like a young Jordan Rossiter.

Definently a kid, but he showed some promise imo. Pretty fast, has a good shot, can get past people, and has decent work-rate. One to keep an eye out for.

Old article I found on him:

"When he was four Harry joined the weekly Fun Soccer sessions at Corwen Leisure Centre run by Gareth Roberts' brother Alex. '.

Even at that age he looked a natural runner and he showed remarkable ball skills for one so young,' said Adrian.

'From the age of three he was doing keepie-uppie in the back garden, and then he developed dribbling skills, beating lads much older than himself.'

Last season football-mad Harry, a pupil at Ysgol Cae'r Drewyn, Corwen, joined Llangollen under-9s who play in the Wrexham and District Junior League. And despite playing many games in defence he scored an amazing 78 goals.

On Adrian's recommendation Harry was invited for trials with Wrexham, and a Manchester United scout then invited him for a further trial.

It was then that Liverpool stepped in and with the support of his parents Harry signed a one-year contract. "

He's just 8, but kings of Europe snap him u; Prodigy hopes to be an Anfield legend. - Free Online Library

Whoever is in charge of the way the reserve and youth games are covered might have noticed by now that the way they go about it is a fucking joke.

Except they haven't.

Every game is the same - let's linger on some totally irrelevant camera shot for about ten fucking minutes while the game is going on. How many times do we need to see Rodolfo Borrell and the gang sitting in the stands, or Steve Bruce's big fat head, or some player they've just mentioned who they then show ambling around for ages while we are racing away up the pitch off camera?

Or the other thing with the replays.

There is obviously some auto thing whereby if they decide to show a replay, and quite often said replay will be of some inconsequential load of bollocks that doesn't even need to be shown, it has to be shown 3 times from 3 different angles, again while the play is continuing elsewhere on the pitch.

Oh look, we've just missed the entire build up to our second goal, only coming back on in time for us to see Jack Dunn take his goalscoring shot.

I'm glad we get to see these games as I've found them really enjoyable for a good few years now.

But ffs, can't they get something so basic right!

I only saw a bit of the second half, but caught Jack Dunn's second goal. Well timed run and a superb through ball. The Hull keeper made a hash of his attempting clearance and Dunn got the luck of the bounce to steer the ball into an empty net. With the keeper didn't try to clear the ball away from Dunn I don't know.

Anyway, good result and I think they said it was Chelsea next in the semis.

Definently a kid, but he showed some promise imo. Pretty fast, has a good shot, can get past people, and has decent work-rate. One to keep an eye out for.

Old article I found on him:

"When he was four Harry joined the weekly Fun Soccer sessions at Corwen Leisure Centre run by Gareth Roberts' brother Alex. '.

Even at that age he looked a natural runner and he showed remarkable ball skills for one so young,' said Adrian.

'From the age of three he was doing keepie-uppie in the back garden, and then he developed dribbling skills, beating lads much older than himself.'

Last season football-mad Harry, a pupil at Ysgol Cae'r Drewyn, Corwen, joined Llangollen under-9s who play in the Wrexham and District Junior League. And despite playing many games in defence he scored an amazing 78 goals.

On Adrian's recommendation Harry was invited for trials with Wrexham, and a Manchester United scout then invited him for a further trial.

It was then that Liverpool stepped in and with the support of his parents Harry signed a one-year contract. "

He's just 8, but kings of Europe snap him u; Prodigy hopes to be an Anfield legend. - Free Online Library

Also Brannigan and O'Hanlon looked like they have the same technical ability as Texeira only with some bite and determination

649865145045000fit636c6.jpg

They all came through at different times though, I think only Carragher, Owen and Thompson would have played in the same team together. There's 8 years between the oldest and youngest.

McManaman 1972

Fowler 1975

Owen 1979

Matteo 1974

Thompson 1977

Gerrard 1980

Carragher 1978

Always hard to judge players at this age. We won the youth cup in 2006 and 2007 and out of those only Spearing went on to get close to becoming an established first team player.

Though in terms of individuals we do seem to have a lot more promise now.

Whoever is in charge of the way the reserve and youth games are covered might have noticed by now that the way they go about it is a fucking joke.

Except they haven't.

Every game is the same - let's linger on some totally irrelevant camera shot for about ten fucking minutes while the game is going on. How many times do we need to see Rodolfo Borrell and the gang sitting in the stands, or Steve Bruce's big fat head, or some player they've just mentioned who they then show ambling around for ages while we are racing away up the pitch off camera?

Or the other thing with the replays.

There is obviously some auto thing whereby if they decide to show a replay, and quite often said replay will be of some inconsequential load of bollocks that doesn't even need to be shown, it has to be shown 3 times from 3 different angles, again while the play is continuing elsewhere on the pitch.

Oh look, we've just missed the entire build up to our second goal, only coming back on in time for us to see Jack Dunn take his goalscoring shot.

I'm glad we get to see these games as I've found them really enjoyable for a good few years now.

But ffs, can't they get something so basic right!

Just to add to that........

You would think by now that Steve Hunter would know that the formation is 4-3-3 now and not the 4-2-3-1 he keeps spoutin about.

Fulton is not a scottish goalkeeper, he's from Lancs it's his Gran who's Scottish.

McQuire is not a scouser he's a manc !!

As you say....... back to basics

The details for the semi final first leg were confirmed on the offal today. Friday 12th April, 19:00 kick off.

Liverpool's Academy youngsters will face Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup semi-final first leg at Anfield on Friday, April 12.

Steve Cooper's side beat Hull 3-0 at the KC Stadium on Tuesday night to progress to the final four.

The game against Chelsea is scheduled to kick off at 7pm GMT - although this time is subject to change for television.