You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegard Forren

withnail71

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So an unknown 24 year old Norweigen is better than pretty much are whole midfield??!! Excellent valid point

Skjelbred was an excellent talent, and he was offered a place at the Liverpool academy when he was 16 or so. He got into the first team at Rosenborg quite early, and looked an excellent player (and by far the best talent in Norway for quite some time) until a terrible injury set him back. He'll never fulfill his initial promise, but he could have become a top class PL player...

code - is he any good? should we sign him? serious question, yes or no?

The team he is playing for in Norway is a team I despise and it did not get any better after Ole Gunnar Solskjær became their manager last season so to be totally honest I have not really bothered to watch him much.

He was voted Player of the season in Norway this season and his club Molde have become champions two years in a row now, they have never won the league before and Forren has been their best defender.

When it comes to CB's I would not really worry about Norwegians as thats the position where we actually are able to come up with a good player or two.

Forren is a good player, he is good on the ball , his positioning is good, he reads the game well and he often breaks infront of the attackers because of this, he is also reasonable good in the air but he is no Hangeland, he is good at attacking ste pieces though and he has a very good shot in him.

The Norwegian press have been raving about him all of last season and he ahs broke into the national team in a position where I thought other options would be preferred to him.

If he signs for Soton, I think he will do well for them, they have hoistory with Norwegian CB's, Claus Lundekvam, their former captain is an absolute legend there if I'm not much wrong and he will obviously have talked to them about Forren.

The team he is playing for in Norway is a team I despise and it did not get any better after Ole Gunnar Solskjær became their manager last season so to be totally honest I have not really bothered to watch him much.

He was voted Player of the season in Norway this season and his club Molde have become champions two years in a row now, they have never won the league before and Forren has been their best defender.

When it comes to CB's I would not really worry about Norwegians as thats the position where we actually are able to come up with a good player or two.

Forren is a good player, he is good on the ball , his positioning is good, he reads the game well and he often breaks infront of the attackers because of this, he is also reasonable good in the air but he is no Hangeland, he is good at attacking ste pieces though and he has a very good shot in him.

The Norwegian press have been raving about him all of last season and he ahs broke into the national team in a position where I thought other options would be preferred to him.

If he signs for Soton, I think he will do well for them, they have hoistory with Norwegian CB's, Claus Lundekvam, their former captain is an absolute legend there if I'm not much wrong and he will obviously have talked to them about Forren.

thanks, so erm... yes or no?

thanks, so erm... yes or no?

What was the question again?

I have no problems with us not signing him as he's not really a favourite of mine in any way.

I just find the way we have dealt with it all astonishing even on amateur level.

What do you think of the other highly rated CB - I think he is based in Norway - apologies but is name is Okare

I also remember the striker for Hannover you mentioned - I think he has been injured for a while?

You are probably thinking of Jores Okore. He plays in Denmark.

Personally I don't know much about him (he was linked to Liverpool a while ago, and I watched a few videoes I found on the Internet, but that was it)....

What was the question again?

I have no problems with us not signing him as he's not really a favourite of mine in any way.

I just find the way we have dealt with it all astonishing even on amateur level.

oh god.... simple yes or no. if it was your choice?

oh god.... simple yes or no. if it was your choice?

If I would have signed him, no, not from what I know about him at the moment, but like I've said I've never paid any attention to him.

I would not have signed many of the players we have signed the last 25 years though so I'm not sure if its any barometer for anything.

Are you a Rosenborg fan, Code?

code - is he any good? should we sign him? serious question, yes or no?

Code had never heard of him until he googled and youtubed him yesterday. Should ask someone who knows something about footballers.

Anyway, I'm far too outraged to comment any further. A no-mark norgie nobody ever heard off has gone to Southampton. Furious, me.

Absolutely not.

I just happen to think everything north of Ålesund is a bit shite, Molde and Trondheim in particular.

Forren is from Trondheim, playing in Molde, its the worst kind.

Me I'm a Tromsø fan, but I don't like Molde or Rosenborg. I also agree with you: Forren is a decent player, but not what we need right now.

Code had never heard of him until he googled and youtubed him yesterday. Should ask someone who knows something about footballers.

Anyway, I'm far too outraged to comment any further. A no-mark norgie nobody ever heard off has gone to Southampton. Furious, me.

Dont worry Leddertz, someone will be along to pick you up soon.

4117364-the-portrait-of-little-blonde-crying-boy.jpg

Me I'm a Tromsø fan, but I don't like Molde or Rosenborg. I also agree with you: Forren is a decent player, but not what we need right now.

I lived in Tromsø for six months, I did not really like it much, too dark and too cold, when it was snowing 17th of May I knew it was time to move back south.

This was the season MGP was sold to Blackburn, I went to most of Tromsø's matches that spring as I was living just an olympic stone throw away from Alfheim, the funny thing is I thought Lars Iver Strand was the player with most promise in that Tromsø team.

Never understood what happened to him.

I lived in Tromsø for six months, I did not really like it much, too dark and too cold, when it was snowing 17th of May I knew it was time to move back south.

This was the season MGP was sold to Blackburn, I went to most of Tromsø's matches that spring as I was living just an olympic stone throw away from Alfheim, the funny thing is I thought Lars Iver Strand was the player with most promise in that Tromsø team.

Never understood what happened to him.

Lars Iver went to Vålerenga, that's what happened...I know you get some stick on here, but this last post shows that you are a decent fella. ;).