You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I have watched him, LFD; and he's about as beefy as a pepperami.

He is not light weight really.

He is certainly more physical and able to cope with that better than Allen and Sahin.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our transfer dealings over the last couple of years definitely make us the reigning king of the realm of stupid.

Now I know we've done some daft stuff but I'd like to think even we'd have never done anything like that....

anyway I see Mr Owen has been talking about how he'd love to score against us, you'd forget he even exsisted these days if he didn't talk so much

having said that I'm always amazed when we manage to get through another game against him or Torres without them scoring as you sense its bound to happen one day

I can see us getting out first penalty of the season for some reason. I'd go 5-3-2 with Suarez and Sterling as the front two anyway.

Dunno where Downing fits in that team, he probably does deserve to play, but I'd still rather he didn't.

Not a hope in hell with Webb refereeing a game against one of Fungus' mates.

We'll be lucky to finish with 11 players.

Don't care how well Downing played, he's a cunt and I want to see him gone

Mate' date=' you can't base it off of one game against the worst away side in the league. Is Downing now one of the best players in the team?[/quote']

Absolutely right; so to test the theory, we put the same team out against Stoke and see how they perform. Comparisons can then be drawn.

I'd go:

------------Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

------------Lucas

-------Gerrard---Sahin

---Downing Suarez Sterling

Definitely not a game for Suso

It's mad that Sahin is now behind Allen, Shelvey and Henderson in the pecking order. Doubt anyone anticipated that when he signed. So hey presto.

There we go.

We could give them a scrap...

Pepe

Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Skrtel, Agger

Shelvey, Lucas, Gerrard, Enrique

Suarez

Plenty of big lads in there.

fuck that Stoke are shitbags taking them on at their own game is a terrible idea and would play right into their hands, just go out there and play with no fear, performance we put in there last year under kenny was quality just had a nightmare in front of goal.

If we are to play a back 3 in this game I would rather see Carra in the middle than Coates, maybe do a sub later in the game, but I have never seen a former team mate get the better of Jamie Carragher. I fear Crouch might be too cunning for Coates (in an English way), he also hasn't played for a while, could be suseptible to giving a foul/penalty or getting a card, whereas JC doesn'y give that fear, Crouch ain't fast, but he's clever, he's a fucking spider!

For some reason I'm really looking forward to this. However, I thought that about Villa so I'm going to keep stum.

As ever if you are going to the game be careful as the Clay Heads are horrible bastards and they'll have been boozing for a few days straight. Lots of Engerlund hooligans are Stoke.

I hate this fixture, absolutely hate it. Fucking alehouse mongrel cunts who play something which resembles anything but football. Most likely it's a point at best today, this lot havent lost at home yet, we always seem to miss an incredible amount of chances there and their GK always seem to have motm displays against us. Winning against Stoke and especially at Britannia would almost feel as good as beating Utd or Everton. I hope Pullis, Shawcross and Huth gets super-aids.