You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

How about supporting him then. Comparing figures, line graphs and bar charts of whats gone on before, achieves the square root of fuck all.

Just a thought.

A running commentary on whats going on have never done anyone any harm either and if it has there is probablya reason for it.

If people come up with a catchy song for Rodgers I'll join in and sing it, you'll never hear me singing "There's only one Brendan Rodgers though", I'd have a problem with doing that even with a gun to my head I think.

That said I would never sing there is only one Kenny Dalglish either, what a failure of a chant.

What calibre man could we attract? Can't go backwards - don't trot out Van Gaal or Capello either it isn't and wasn't ever on for that type.

Are we sure the flaws are in the setup, not the players? I mean, if my Sunday team organized a pickup with one of the bottom sides we could play with one up top - three across the front - three at the back - a striker in goal and still have the better of them. At what point is "the system" a Kop Out.

When you dont actively look for the forward pass either to the first, second or third runner but instead are just happy to keep posession so the other team will not score totally forgetting you actually have to score yourselfs to win games.

A lot of things do, so you would have to be more specific.

The stats on that page cover almost everything.

Not so surprised that Reina is dead last in keepers - pretty surprised at how highly Sterling ranks overall - very surprised that you would not acknowledge the number of quality attacking moves we create - see key passes.

During games, the ratings on the different players change due to their actual involvement.

You might be surprised to see who is West Hams highest rated player.

I am not sure about the weighting system tbh ie "was fouled" seems to be of inordinate value (see Sterling) - it is informative to look at players in similar positions.

I am not sure about the weighting system tbh - it is informative to look at players in similar positions.

Yes its is, both Crouch and Carroll gets good ratings because they win so many headers.

But if you look at the top 3 at the different clubs, taking away those with just one or two games, I doubt you would fnd many you would strongly disagree with so why is it Carroll should be any different.

You can get rating for all of Europe as well, Messi is currently on top ahead of Ribery, Pirlo and Zlatan, Cazorla is best from the PL in 7th.

• Upvote 1

Cazorla is best from the PL in 7th.

To bring it full circle (aside from the fact Carroll has played in half as many games as the rest and scored one goal) Cazorla is a great barometer. The exact kind of player we need to measure our midfield leader by. If not him pick another.

Then when you have done that, address the amount of quality attacking moves we create - head and shoulders above the rest.

Imo we have two missing players when I see those numbers.

To bring it full circle (aside from the fact Carroll has played in half as many games as the rest and scored one goal) Cazorla is a great barometer. The exact kind of player we need to measure our midfield leader by. If not him pick another.

Then when you have done that, address the amount of quality attacking moves we create - head and shoulders above the rest.

Imo we have two missing players when I see those numbers.

We already have a player better than Cazorla. He's called Steven Gerrard. Unlike Cazorla, he's being played as a defender. Doh!

It was not really addressing Gerrard. It was the other two spots - SG would be a great third musketeer at this point.

Cazorla's stats are the way they are because he is playing as an AMC. Play Gerrard there and Cazorla's stats would be no kind of benchmark.

This is the real thing that stands out from the whoscored stats BTW.

2012-12-17_2017.png

No four numbers better define us.

Cazorla's stats are the way they are because he is playing as an AMC. Play Gerrard there and Cazorla's stats would be no kind of benchmark.

This is the real thing that stands out from the whoscored stats BTW.

2012-12-17_2017.png

No four numbers better define us.

Well it is even worse when you factor in we create more chances. And our keeper is at the bottom of the class - in the whole league. Cazorlas stats are the benchmark for AM - if Gerrard takes the spot and can come close it will be a blessing.

What we really need is a fella in front of the back winning 4 tackles a game who can rapidly cover ground and no one wants a piece of.

Well it is even worse when you factor in we create more chances. And our keeper is at the bottom of the class - in the whole league. Cazorlas stats are the benchmark for AM - if Gerrard takes the spot and can come close it will be a blessing.

Based on the equivalent games last year we've had 55 more shots. And scored 1 more goal. The cost of that: the opposition have had 28 more shots yet scored 6 more goals.

What we really need is a fella in front of the back winning 4 tackles a game who can rapidly cover ground and no one wants a piece of.

Lucas has demonstrated he is that player. He is back. And nothing has changed. While he is off covering the right full back who has advanced no-one is covering the middle. Or if they are, they are bouncing off the player on the ball.

As much as it'd be ace that it could all be pinned on the players, so a few simple transfers would solve all our problems, it can't. Players are being used incorrectly, obvious weaknesses are being ignored and the impact of that is neatly summarized in that graph. We're in reverse as our opponents accelerate away from us.

And Cazorla has scored five more and assisted on one more - so we are plus one on that exchange.

I like Lucas - we need a physical force in the middle.

Are you suggesting our same squad in a 442 is 10 points better?

So when he is covering Johnson they are coming at us 5 on 3? No. We gave up goals when we had the advantage.

During games, the ratings on the different players change due to their actual involvement.

You might be surprised to see who is West Hams highest rated player.

i still say that carroll needs a fair crack of the whip ....there i said it :P

And Cazorla has scored five more and assisted on one more - so we are plus one on that exchange.

Than Gerrard? Who isn't playing as an attacking midfielder? What a surprise.

I like Lucas - we need a physical force in the middle.

Not Joe Allen you mean?

Are you suggesting our same squad in a 442 is 10 points better?

No. How do did you infer that?

I'm saying we are setup in such a way that requires a certain amount of defensive ability. An amount that asks more of the players in the current positions than they have.

So when he is covering Johnson they are coming at us 5 on 3? No. We gave up goals when we had the advantage.

That's the point. They attack down the side, he goes out to address, the play gets switched and regardless of #s there is wide open space and not a tackle worth the name.

The exchange is with our attacking mid - in fact you can add up all our mids, including Gerrard if you want . we don't have an advanced midfield creative force and haven't in years. If you want to suggest SG could do that at the highest level in the league, that is fine.

Not Joe Allen and not Gerrard.

The last two points seem to be where you have missed it. Go back and review the games - we have been beat on set pieces and on breaks where we have more defenders than they have attackers. See WBA, or Arsenal, or Everton, or Tottenham or last week. If having 4 or 5 "internationals" on and/or around the ball while they have three asks too much defensively -- then we need some cloggers. There has never been loads of space for these goals - I don't buy it. We have been outworked in front of their goal and in front of ours.