You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suso to Madrid

serenejim

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pound to a pinch of shit that it's repeated in the mirror or some other piece of crap before the end of next week.

It's in the Mirror today.

The club should have sorted this over the summer. Now he's in the first team big clubs take notice and then that puts his price up in terms of wages because he can earn big money elsewhere if he goes on a free to Real or somewhere. The club will have to pay more than they'd like or lose him for nothing. Stupid.

"Brendan has given me the chance and I am really grateful for that as I am really happy here and want to stay for a long time"

Suso on life in the first team - Liverpool FC

He could be chatting bollocks of course but from reading that interview don't get anything like the impression he has gone a bit big time since making the team as some rumours have suggested

Regardless if Madrid were after him i wouldnt be worried, i'd be more worried if the likes of Atletico, Sevilla or Valencia were after him where he'd get games.

If he went to Real the likely thing is he'd fade away and be forgotten. Think he feels he will get his chances under Rodgers

You should not underestimate the pull Real Madrid have on most young spanish players. Also, if Madrid did sign him, they would probably loan him out for a couple of seasons before he is ready to make the step up to their first team squad.

I do think he`ll stay. But if Madrid start to make serious moves to sign him, I would be worried.

Suso: I’ll sign new deal soon - This Is Anfield

Suso: I’ll sign new deal soon

Young Liverpool midfielder Suso has told supporters he will sign a new contract at the club soon

The eighteen year old emerging talent was speaking to Radio Onda Cero during a phone-in with Reds keeper Pepe Reina.

“Liverpool is the ideal club for me”, said Suso. “I’ll sign a new deal soon and be here for a long time. The fans can relax, it’ll be done as soon as possible.”

Suso was calling in after Reina had made a comparison of him to former Liverpool midfielder and compatriot Xabi Alonso, however, the player himself said “It’s great to be compared to Alonso. It is an honour, though I personally try to play more like Xavi than Xabi.”

The player has recently made the breakthrough into the first-team under Brendan Rodgers, and explained how his career stalled when Roy Hodgson was appointed at Anfield two years ago.

“Rafa [benítez] phoned me and convinced me to leave Cádiz CF. When he left us and Hodgson came in, everything was totally the opposite.”

Suso’s current deal at Liverpool expires next summer. He is expected to sign a new long-term contract this month.

Twitter (I know, not that much better than givemefootball) is abuzz that it will be a 6 year deal, which is great to hear. I'm not much on deals above 4 years for players who are older than 26/27, but for younger players it really protects us from losing them for that much longer.

Would be very disappointing if it were a 3 or 4 year deal and then we're selling him to Madrid at age 21 anyway at a cut-rate price because he only had a year left on the deal (like what happened to Dortmund with Sahin). Much better to get him locked down for a longer period, even if it means we pay him a bit more in the meantime.

Suso: I’ll sign new deal soon - This Is Anfield

Suso: I’ll sign new deal soon

Young Liverpool midfielder Suso has told supporters he will sign a new contract at the club soon

The eighteen year old emerging talent was speaking to Radio Onda Cero during a phone-in with Reds keeper Pepe Reina.

“Liverpool is the ideal club for me”, said Suso. “I’ll sign a new deal soon and be here for a long time. The fans can relax, it’ll be done as soon as possible.”

Suso was calling in after Reina had made a comparison of him to former Liverpool midfielder and compatriot Xabi Alonso, however, the player himself said “It’s great to be compared to Alonso. It is an honour, though I personally try to play more like Xavi than Xabi.”

The player has recently made the breakthrough into the first-team under Brendan Rodgers, and explained how his career stalled when Roy Hodgson was appointed at Anfield two years ago.

“Rafa [benítez] phoned me and convinced me to leave Cádiz CF. When he left us and Hodgson came in, everything was totally the opposite.”

Suso’s current deal at Liverpool expires next summer. He is expected to sign a new long-term contract this month.

Fucking hell. Doesn’t lack confidence does he? Good. We need someone not scared to play for us. We’ve had enough of them to do us a life time.

"Brendan has given me the chance and I am really grateful for that as I am really happy here and want to stay for a long time"

Suso on life in the first team - Liverpool FC

He could be chatting bollocks of course but from reading that interview don't get anything like the impression he has gone a bit big time since making the team as some rumours have suggested

If you listen to his interview, he has a quasi spanish-scouse accent. He's not going anywhere.