You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Halsey twitter thing...

dave u

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about employing foreign refs for the PL? Christ knows there's enough money in the game. Immune from the fear of the likes of Fergusson maybe? I'm really not one for moaning about refs but their fear of Fergusson is pretty much a given now isn't it? Everybody knows it, it's even just accepted as part of the game to some. Totally unacceptable. Foreign Refs appear to have no fear of him from what I've seen.

I dont think he or they do bung the refs, they dont need too

I bet you all the other clubs in the Bundesliga moan Bayern get all the decisions and in La Liga too

They play the game, we dont, and we need a CEO who can play it and play the media

But they would be relatively neutral here, Ref the game then go home, they wouldn't have to live here facing the consequences a decision against Utd brings. I think the idea has merit; everybody knows and worryingly even accepts that when you play Utd you are playing against 12 men. It has to stop. "We're Man Utd, we'll do what we want" They sing that for a reason.

I think it's a shit cowardly thing to do but we see it all the time on the Internet including on here. Gabriel Marcotti has a good article on it in The Times today basically saying its a storm in a tea cup and that he can't understand why Halsey has gone to the police as he's surely heard worse in nearly every game.

I'm surprised at his performance on Sunday as he's normally reasonable with us, I certainly do not believe in conspiracy theories I just think he had a nightmare and I'm genuinely surprised at the reactions in his favour - I know what I saw at the time and in replays and he got all of the main decisions wrong and I felt sicker than I have in a long time at a defeat essentially because it wasn't in our hands. We will get much better results although the lack of goals means we won't do what Arsenal did last year.

I think the idea has merit; everybody knows and worryingly even accepts that when you play Utd you are playing against 12 men. It has to stop. "We're Man Utd, we'll do what we want" They sing that for a reason.

It will stop.

I celebrated last time he 'retired', only for him to come back later.

He won't come back next time around.

I'm actually beginning to wonder how it is nobody from the club ever just stands up and points out the fucking obvious.

Its just another blatant attempt to make Liverpool fans look like cunts and deflect attention away from the shite the Mancs have been up to both on and off the field.

I'm sure that wasn't Halsey's idea, but its certainly the idea of the press who pull this shit year after year and we sit by and do nothing.

This.

"Utd fans were singing the victims song"

"Well never mind that, have you seen what somebodys tweeted to Mark Halsey?"

Obvious, annoying, but strangely inevitable.

This.

"Utd fans were singing the victims song"

"Well never mind that, have you seen what somebodys tweeted to Mark Halsey?"

Obvious, annoying, but strangely inevitable.

The flaws in the Suarez case were pointed out endlessly (and admittedly amateurishly), only for the club to be shouted down from all quarters to shut up and take the punishment. Going against United in this country isn't just pissing in the wind, it's a fucking gale. With one outcome sadly. You get covered in piss.

I hope Shelvey plays United at OT, and I hope he whispers to Ferguson "I'm going to break Van Persies leg" and then winks, en route to the pitch.

Hate United, they're sucking the lifeless corpse of British football.

Barca and Real will bitch slap them every season and show them up for the bloated shithouse of a team that they are.

The flaws in the Suarez case were pointed out endlessly (and admittedly amateurishly), only for the club to be shouted down from all quarters to shut up and take the punishment. Going against United in this country isn't just pissing in the wind, it's a fucking gale. With one outcome sadly. You get covered in piss.

So fucking true.

Some one sent threats to his son directed at his dad I saw them. Getting personal is fucking perfetic absoloute joke. I don't know what it is but every time we loose ots apparently the reefs fault no doubt that's was but every game. Every one gets it even playing us and we think we've won fair and square every time. Shit Refs are the norm in the EPL. People say Collina was good he was just as baf but liked by is for sending Beckham off. Seriously its all nuts we ain't the only team that suffers from bad refs. Untill tech refs come into play then its not going too change. I don't think any Ref is biased just very shit. Its not as if he made the decisions on there own now does it? People don't notice him to his ear piece do they?

Some one sent threats to his son directed at his dad I saw them. Getting personal is fucking perfetic absoloute joke. I don't know what it is but every time we loose ots apparently the reefs fault no doubt that's was but every game. Every one gets it even playing us and we think we've won fair and square every time. Shit Refs are the norm in the EPL. People say Collina was good he was just as baf but liked by is for sending Beckham off. Seriously its all nuts we ain't the only team that suffers from bad refs. Untill tech refs come into play then its not going too change. I don't think any Ref is biased just very shit. Its not as if he made the decisions on there own now does it? People don't notice him to his ear piece do they?

When you typed your username in did you aim to type Simon and when you looked at the screen celeryBADboy is what appeared so you just went with it?

I dont think he or they do bung the refs, they dont need too

I bet you all the other clubs in the Bundesliga moan Bayern get all the decisions and in La Liga too

They play the game, we dont, and we need a CEO who can play it and play the media

Surely if the refs made dicisions based on reality there would be no need for all that behind closed doors political manouvering .

Just an idea like.

As someone who has had bowel cancer, secondary liver cancer and lung cancer..and is still here..I can say, with some knowlege, that Cancer is not something to wish upon other people, regardless of how bad a referee they are. Halsey will know the extreme pain, depression and permanant damage it can do to your body( mainly the surgery) and your family..anyone one who joked to my face about cancer would stand a good chance of being filled in..

I was at the Manc game on sunday and I screamed at the biased manc loving twat...same as everyone else around me..shit ref ,stole the game off us..but I don't wish he had cancer..