You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

All' is now good in tory bootlicker land, and the country heaves a sigh of relief. Vince and Cleggy went for a quiet pint, shame them media bastards happened to find the exact pub they were going to and followed them.

It's as annoying and depressing as that scramble to be photographed in Greggs a couple of years ago.

3447786819.jpg

God, I detest every single polished turd along the BNP/UKIP/Conservative/LibDem/New Labour continuum.  If they all died tomorrow, would the world really be worse off?

• Upvote 1

It's as annoying and depressing as that scramble to be photographed in Greggs a couple of years ago.

3447786819.jpg

God, I detest every single polished turd along the BNP/UKIP/Conservative/LibDem/New Labour continuum.  If they all died tomorrow, would the world really be worse off?

hell no.

They were publicising the new rules on pub licensing, which will hopefully help end abuses by the big pub chains. More than half of landlords tied to these chains are pulling in less than the minimum wage. A pub seems the logical place to announce something like that, surely?

Or maybe they should have held it on top of Buckingham Palace, lest a more ordinary location accidentally makes them look like human beings?

They were publicising the new rules on pub licensing, which will hopefully help end abuses by the big pub chains. More than half of landlords tied to these chains are pulling in less than the minimum wage. A pub seems the logical place to announce something like that, surely?

Or maybe they should have held it on top of Buckingham Palace, lest a more ordinary location accidentally makes them look like human beings?

Why go to the pub, order a pint and drink half of it?

If Cable can drink all of his why not Clegg?

3447786819.jpg

That's exactly what came to my mind as soon as I saw that picture. He looks like he has no idea what its for. These 'I'm just like you' photoshots are such tragi comic own goals

Cable: "How much for a pint Landlord?"

Landlord: "Oh, that'll be £450 mate"

Cable: "Oh, fine, that sounds about right, I don't have the brains to figure out why you'd lie to me so I'll just trust you on that".

Or, Cable: how much for a pint landlord ?

Landlord: £450 please

Cable: No problem, have a big fistful of these Royal Mail shares i ripped off the British public.

They were publicising the new rules on pub licensing, which will hopefully help end abuses by the big pub chains. More than half of landlords tied to these chains are pulling in less than the minimum wage. A pub seems the logical place to announce something like that, surely?Or maybe they should have held it on top of Buckingham Palace, lest a more ordinary location accidentally makes them look like human beings?

Increasing the rate of Vat, lowering the top rate of tax, increasing zero hour contacts, making people lose their homes if they cant pay the bedroom tax, raising student tuition fees etc does nothing to help pub landlords.