You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Euros

Just Google Yeah is 350 million.

Still that's 150 million more than us, how are they doing that?

The stadium is never full, they have no following. They can't be getting 150 Mill just for champions league?

Is this just made up with dodgy sponsorship from Emirates?

I think he was saying that he only wants the club to sign top quality rather than squad fodder. The only thing wrong with that idea is that it should apply to us, not them.

Oh right - yes I agree. I think we operate the opposite model. 'Scattergun' approach.

The stadium is never full, they have no following. They can't be getting 150 Mill just for champions league?

It's all in here but roughly £47m matchday, £133m TV and £165m commercial. But all deals are kosher and not related to their owners at all, honest.

http://swissramble.blogspot.hu/search/label/Manchester%20City

Why's that? UTD in 4th, gained 3 points on them this weekend.

Points-wise would still have been 5 behind 4th if they had drawn but would have only been 6 off third instead of 7.

More significant in my view is I just think United will gain more points than Saints during the run-in, so would rather have been closer to the latter.

Granted, there's not much in it, and despite thinking that I was shitting it that United may equalise late on because instincts are instincts.

I was worried United were going to run away with third and leave us and a shitload others scrapping for the last spot, but if those cunts get dragged back into it, it's better for us.

Agreed, southampton will drop a lot more then seven points and manu are now back in the fight for top 4, I dont see us getting fourth but its there to fight for now.

Edited by JermainePennant

Dowd did his bit. As biased as I am it's fair to say that Sou got nothing from him. I only started watching at 60' - where did 5' come from?

I don't mind Dowd as rule but he was a blatant homer today. Let Shrek and Smalling away with murder in the first half . Had hoped we had seen the back of all that shit after Slur fucked off

• Upvote 1

Points-wise would still have been 5 behind 4th if they had drawn but would have only been 6 off third instead of 7.

More significant in my view is I just think United will gain more points than Saints during the run-in, so would rather have been closer to the latter.

Granted, there's not much in it, and despite thinking that I was shitting it that United may equalise late on because instincts are instincts.

I'll try to put your mind at rest. We won't be finishing above either side. Or Chelsea. Or City. Or Arsenal.

I think Arsenal will get 3rd if they keep Sanchez fit & we are fighting it out with Spurs, Mancs and Saints for 4th place. Luckily there is nothing special about any of them & we have them all to play, so no reason we can't do it.

I think a lot will depend on who copes with cup runs better. Arsenal usually get a fixture pile up somewhere and wilt, and I'm not sure we'll cope much better. Meanwhile Utd have no European competitions to worry about.

Because we've signed expensive stars and won the PL 2 out of 3 years and we're in CL, plus the FA cup and League cup.

Yes it's not a patch on Liverpool's success, but the fact remains, sponsors pay good money for this 'modern success'. It can disappear just as quickly as it came, but as things stand right now, City's PR is pretty good and that's incredibly attractive to sponsors.

Match day revenue for most clubs really is only a small part of the turnover, and regardless of what you might think about 'empty seats', City are still one of the best supported domestic teams. 

They've just spend nearly 250 million on a massive new complex - that's might only bring in another 20 million a year in sponsorship, but over the long term, it'll pay off.

No matter how you want to deny it. City are much more in the spotlight than they've ever been. If Liverpool were in the same situation as City, they'd be dwarfing us, but they're not.

Emirates? says it all. At least do SOME bloody research.

• Downvote 1

Because we've signed expensive stars and won the PL 2 out of 3 years and we're in CL, plus the FA cup and League cup.

Yes it's not a patch on Liverpool's success, but the fact remains, sponsors pay good money for this 'modern success'. It can disappear just as quickly as it came, but as things stand right now, City's PR is pretty good and that's incredibly attractive to sponsors.

Match day revenue for most clubs really is only a small part of the turnover, and regardless of what you might think about 'empty seats', City are still one of the best supported domestic teams. 

They've just spend nearly 250 million on a massive new complex - that's might only bring in another 20 million a year in sponsorship, but over the long term, it'll pay off.

No matter how you want to deny it. City are much more in the spotlight than they've ever been. If Liverpool were in the same situation as City, they'd be dwarfing us, but they're not.

Emirates? says it all. At least do SOME bloody research.

Sponsors like Etihad Airways, friends of the sheikhs, who gave you a record-breaking £400 million...in 2011?