You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Ok, but if your best man with a rocket launcher wanted to leave Mogadishu, even though he brought down, lets say X number of Blackhawk helicopters, how do you deal with that? Your local warlord can't offer the money or the glamour since the Hollywood people left, and ISIS offers a better location with more virgins and a better chance of meeting Allah. Very difficult to keep him against his will, unless you chop his head off. Should FSG have done this with Sterling?

You don't get it. Let me make it more simple for you. Did you ever hear Wenger or the old drunk saying that Arsenal or United would be better without Henry or Ronaldo after they sold them? 

It was enjoyable to start with, but watching the other clubs do badly in Europe is getting boring now.

By the time we get our act together to nab fourth it'll only be good for a Europa spot.

Plus, the cycle of teams fucking up on Tuesday, only for us to do worse on Thursday makes it all seem a bit like a race to the bottom. Schadenfreude is only really satisfying if you don't fall harder on your own face whilst laughing.

• Upvote 4

It was enjoyable to start with, but watching the other clubs do badly in Europe is getting boring now.

By the time we get our act together to nab fourth it'll only be good for a Europa spot.

Plus, the cycle of teams fucking up on Tuesday, only for us to do worse on Thursday makes it all seem a bit like a race to the bottom. Schadenfreude is only really satisfying if you don't fall harder on your own face whilst laughing.

Said the same last night. There is a limit to how much enjoyment you can get from seeing others fail . Well in the case of Utd and Chelsea there is no limit but its not good for the spirit . It is also fucking pathetic that we are not involved. We may not have had the resources or the set up to win titles but we sure as hell be in the top four. Massive fail at all levels 

• Upvote 1

I forgot how it was with the UEFA Cup, which days? Wednesays and thursdays? And CL was only tuesdays or wednesdays as well?

There was the cup winners cup too. I thought there was always football on a Thursday tbh

I remember cup winners cup games being on a Thursday night in 96/97 and UEFA cup games being on a Tuesday in 98/99. They were on Thursdays for 00/01.

I'm sure they were always Tuesdays before then and played on the same nights as the champions league/European cup.

FA "investigation"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/02/eva-carneiro-fa-at-no-stage-requested-statement-chelsea

The former Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro has insisted she was “at no stage requested” by the Football Association to make a statement about José Mourinho’s alleged remarks towards her during the match against Swansea City.

Mourinho was alleged to have made discriminatory comments towards Carneiro during the club’s opening game of the season against Swansea, after she entered the field of play to treat Eden Hazard. She subsequently lost her first-team dutiesand eventually left the club last month.

Mourinho was cleared by the Football Association on Wednesday of making those comments towards Carneiro but the FA’s chairman, Greg Dyke, has told officials that Mourinho committed “a failure of his personal judgement and public behaviour” in his criticism of Carneiro, while the independent board memberHeather Rabbatts launched a stinging attack on the FA for its “seriously disappointing” handling of the case.

“I was surprised to learn that the FA was allegedly investigating the incident of 8 August via the press,” Carneiro said in a statement. “I was at no stage requested by the FA to make a statement. I wonder whether this might be the only formal investigation in this country where the evidence of the individuals involved in the incident was not considered relevant. Choosing to ignore some of the evidence will surely influence the outcome of the findings.

“Last season I had a similar experience at a game at West Ham FC, where I was subject to verbal abuse,” Carneiro continued. “Following complaints by the public, the FA produced a communication to the press saying there had been no sexist chanting during this game. At no time was I approached for a statement despite the fact that vile unacceptable, sexually explicit abuse was clearly heard.

“It is incidents such as these and the lack of support from the football authorities that make it so difficult for women in the game. I admire what Heather Rabbatts has done and thank her and friends and colleagues who have supported me at this very difficult time.”