You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The '2012 London Olympics' Thread

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Guest Pistonbroke
Any one else see the UKA presser?

Very entertaining...there will definately be more to come from Charles Van Commenee, you could see he really wanted to let rip but kept himself in check.

If i was cynical i'd say he knows that the government are going to cut back on the funding and he wants out before we start going backwards big style.

Guest Pistonbroke
Wouldn't surprise me at all, I also reckon he'll be in a new job within 6 months.

Indeed, i wonder if any of the athletes who are retiring spill the beans?

Indeed, i wonder if any of the athletes who are retiring spill the beans?

Phillips Idowu will have something to say but then he always does...how much credit you can give any criticism he has of Van Commenee is debatable.

I did find his comment about what he'd change to achieve the 8 medal target he'd set 'compromise less. I compromised too much' very interesting.

Reckon he'd have dropped Idowu from the team myself.

Any one else see the UKA presser?

Very entertaining...there will definately be more to come from Charles Van Commenee, you could see he really wanted to let rip but kept himself in check.

Where was I when this discussion was going on?

Oo, we love a bit of intrigue! Definitely more to come....

Very good and revealing interview on 5 live on Thursday by Victoria Pendleton. This is well worth a listen. Quite an insight and just goes to show that all isn't exactly what it seems on the outside.

Listen from 6 mins 35 secs in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01mkd8f/

Just been listening to Victoria Pendleton's interview. Well, she got that out quickly, didnt she? While some of the points she was raising may be valid I'm not sure publishing the book so soon after the Olympics was her wisest move. It would be very interesting to hear the team's response to her views.

She clearly carries a 'lot of baggage' and can't be any easy person to work with. Will be very interesting to see how she adjusts to a different kind of life

Just been listening to Victoria Pendleton's interview. Well, she got that out quickly, didnt she? While some of the points she was raising may be valid I'm not sure publishing the book so soon after the Olympics was her wisest move. It would be very interesting to hear the team's response to her views.

She clearly carries a 'lot of baggage' and can't be any easy person to work with. Will be very interesting to see how she adjusts to a different kind of life

What she have to say?

Could be awkward for her bloke if she's critical of Brailsford and the cycling team.

The timing of it all does seem a little odd but then maybe she just has to be at the center of things. Looks to me as though she's had all this on the back burner while just getting the Olympics over and done with. I think the bit about her self harming in full view of everyone speaks volumes. I think it was more of a 'look at me' rather than a cry for help. She does seem to carry a lot of baggage and she also come across as very high maintenance.

On my phone here so won't go into loads of detail....have a listen if you get a chance ..its about 40min long I guess....very critical of what she sees as a lack of support from the team and to a lesser extent for the other female riders, all that weird stuff about her relationship and quite a bit about her self harming. Came across as very needy....as I said, not her wisest move I don't think

The timing of it all does seem a little odd but then maybe she just has to be at the center of things. Looks to me as though she's had all this on the back burner while just getting the Olympics over and done with. I think the bit about her self harming in full view of everyone speaks volumes. I think it was more of a 'look at me' rather than a cry for help. She does seem to carry a lot of baggage and she also come across as very high maintenance.

I'd put money on her being sexually abused as a kid or raped at a young age.

I'd put money on her being sexually abused as a kid or raped at a young age.

I said at the time of the doc the beeb did that there were definitely some 'issues'.

She'll be on suicide watch within a couple of years without a constant in her life, shame really as I'd love to help her work through her issues, fnar fnar!

I said at the time of the doc the beeb did that there was definitely some 'issues'.

She'll be on suicide watch within a couple of years without a constant in her life, shame really as I'd love to help her work through her issues, fnar fnar!

I remember the programme, there were lots of us on here talking about it, she's properly fucked in the head.