You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is going to win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win?

• I want Haye to win and I think he will
    • I want Chisora to win and I think he will
    • I don't want Haye to win, but I think he will
    • I don't want Chisora to win, but I think he will
    • I don't want either to win, I just hope they hurt each other

This whole fight is a fucking farce and disgrace.

Anyone who actually claims to give an actual shit about the sport of boxing should hang their heads in shame if they're paying to watch this shitfest.

I'll be watching a proper boxer in a proper fight later in the night - Amir Khan - instead.

So how many times have you stood toe to toe with someone in a boxing ring then?

By the sound of that comment... i would zero!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boxing must surely rival f******l for the level of undeserved hype it generates, not to mention the ridiculous sums of money involved. How many people who are currently banging on about this fight will be moaning afterwards about how they've just witnessed a disappointing shitfest between two cunts whose egos won't allow them to see just how ridiculous they both are.

I disagree.

You get the occasional fight a year that Sky and Tabloids decide to fawn over - and that is more fool to you if you let these people lead you around by the cock - but for the most part, the sport's gems go unheralded in the mainstream. Last week, for example, there were three very good fights; two were on a sky-sports and one, which featured one of the top 5 fighters in the world, wasn't on TV. Channel 5 decided to show Tyson Fury in another total mismatch.

If you're willing to look, there is usually a good fight every week and the fighters involved are earning honest money. There's a truism that 2% of the fighters make 98% of the money in boxing,

I disagree.

You get the occasional fight a year that Sky and Tabloids decide to fawn over - and that is more fool to you if you let these people lead you around by the cock - but for the most part, the sport's gems go unheralded in the mainstream. Last week, for example, there were three very good fights; two were on a sky-sports and one, which featured one of the top 5 fighters in the world, wasn't on TV. Channel 5 decided to show Tyson Fury in another total mismatch.

If you're willing to look, there is usually a good fight every week and the fighters involved are earning honest money. There's a truism that 2% of the fighters make 98% of the money in boxing,

Fact of the world we live in that, Kevin.

This discussion was brought up before, and I don't want to go into it in depth in this thread. You've hit the nail on the head with your post, though. It's just a pity that Terrestrial TV doesn't give boxing good coverage. But the quality of fights and fighters is definitely there.

So how many times have you stood toe to toe with someone in a boxing ring then?

By the sound of that comment... i would zero!

About 20-30 times or so I guess.

Mixture of Boxing, Judo, Taekwondo, Muay Thai, brazilian jiu Jitsu and a handful of low-key scrap with some shitty semi-pro MMA fighters, going back about 20 years or so. Thanks for asking. What relevance is that to this total shitfest though?

Just for a laugh, here's some pictures of me knocking the shit out of a Muay Thai champion in Thailand.

26315_379869811429_1198680_n.jpg

26315_379869821429_3469337_n.jpg

26315_379869806429_4051412_n.jpg

26315_379869791429_5236996_n.jpg

Edited by Tom R

Going to Boxing shows and supporting the Boxers is how the future talent will flourish,local shows in the Olympia are a great night out with excellent bouts on show.

The Boxers make there wages on ticket sales and the more people that attend give these lads a wage they deserve,people not invoved in Boxing think they make a fortune but the reality is these kids work full time and try to climb the ladder to the top which one day they will hopefully reach and get the big bouts and the top money they deserve.

for the amount of boxers in the country and particularly liverpool (john watson, paul smith, derry....) who earn pittance in comparison to these 2 wankers. i hope it descends into a brawl and they both get banned. fucking idiots. still want haye to batter chisora though. he typifies all thats wrong with society.

I disagree.

Perhaps I should have made it clear that I'm sick of friends and work colleagues who are into boxing banging on about a certain fight for weeks on end, only to moan for weeks on end about how much of a damp squib it was after the event. I don't really care about boxing myself, but my comments earlier were more in exasperation of how frequently this sort of thing seems to happen these days.

Years ago, a friend who was into boxing was having a few mates round for drinks etc, and an Audley Harrison (!) fight was on as the main event. A few of the guys were talking about the relative strengths and weaknesses of each fighter (can't remember the other guy but he was yet another of those who can't box for shit yet is undefeated for twelvety bouts or something), and once the fight started, both boxers just stood there for round after round without even attempting to try landing a punch. I think even the crowd started booing. What little interest I might have had in boxing disappeared after that. At least the drinks were plentiful!

I don't doubt that better fights can be found away from the limelight.

As if this is boxing's biggest worry. There's corruption everywhere, this is harmless banter.

It isn't harmless banter though.

Boxing just doesn't need this sort of publicity. I'm a boxing fan, as are you possibly, and I think this sort of event is robbing the sport of what ldwindling dignity it currently doesn't really even have!

Chisora's license was taken away for culmulative bad behaviour. Not just because of the brawl with Haye at that conference. He shouldn't be licensed to fight because he isn't in control of himself.

Worse still is that he's just completely avoided all punishment.

I think a ban of of maybe a year or eighteen months given Chisora's previous would have been about fair. He would have then had the right to appeal this, of course, just like he had the right to appeal about not having a license.

But he chose not to do that and is effectively just ignoring the sanction that has been handed down. That is what I object to and find so repugnant. There has been absolutely no tangible punishment for his culmulative behaviour around the Vitali fight at all, becaue he's been effectively just been able to ignore it.

But what sickens me most is that this fight isn't even being promoted as 'a domestic heavyweight fight between two reasonably matched fighters'.

Absolutely nobody is talking about the actual boxing. It's being promoted as 'THE BRAWL 2'.

This fight is nothing more than a scrap in the car park of a dodgy flat-roofed pub x 100.

It's just a pathetic piece of parasitic show business exists for no other reason than to line the pockets of a select few leeches.

you can all be a part of it if you want, it's your choice, but I think you're just perpetuating the slow and steady death of what is, for me, the greatest sport in the world.

I wouldn't watch this pile of shit if it was going on in my fucking garden.

The only good thing out of this is that the phrase 'I am going to physically shoot David Haye' coming in to my life.

I now use the word physically where it doesn't really belong at every opprtunity. 'I am going to physically play snooker' 'I am going to physically make a cup of tea' 'I am going to physically go for a sit down'.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Boxing just doesn't need this sort of publicity. I'm a boxing fan, as are you possibly, and I think this sort of event is robbing the sport of what ldwindling dignity it currently doesn't really even have!

Chisora's license was taken away for culmulative bad behaviour. Not just because of the brawl with Haye at that conference. He shouldn't be licensed to fight because he isn't in control of himself.

I think a ban of of maybe a year or eighteen months given Chisora's previous would have been about fair. He would have then had the right to appeal this, of course, just like he had the right to appeal about not having a license.

But he chose not to do that and is effectively just ignoring the sanction that has been handed down. That is what I object to and find so repugnant. There has been absolutely no tangible punishment for his culmulative behaviour around the Vitali fight at all, becaue he's been effectively just been able to ignore it.

But what sickens me most is that this fight isn't even being promoted as 'a domestic heavyweight fight between two reasonably matched fighters'.

Absolutely nobody is talking about the actual boxing. It's being promoted as 'THE BRAWL 2'.

This fight is nothing more than a scrap in the car park of a dodgy flat-roofed pub x 100.

It's just a pathetic piece of parasitic show business exists for no other reason than to line the pockets of a select few leeches.

you can all be a part of it if you want, it's your choice, but I think you're just perpetuating the slow and steady death of what is, for me, the greatest sport in the world.

Khan v Garcia is on later so you should enjoy that bout.

I'm really looking forward to the Khan fight.

It's a proper championship fight. Garcia is a properly decent contender - 23-0.

If anyone wants to gets excited about a boxing match this weekend, then this is really the only one you should give a shit about.

Perhaps I should have made it clear that I'm sick of friends and work colleagues who are into boxing banging on about a certain fight for weeks on end, only to moan for weeks on end about how much of a damp squib it was after the event. I don't really care about boxing myself, but my comments earlier were more in exasperation of how frequently this sort of thing seems to happen these days.

Years ago, a friend who was into boxing was having a few mates round for drinks etc, and an Audley Harrison (!) fight was on as the main event. A few of the guys were talking about the relative strengths and weaknesses of each fighter (can't remember the other guy but he was yet another of those who can't box for shit yet is undefeated for twelvety bouts or something), and once the fight started, both boxers just stood there for round after round without even attempting to try landing a punch. I think even the crowd started booing. What little interest I might have had in boxing disappeared after that. At least the drinks were plentiful!

I don't doubt that better fights can be found away from the limelight.

Ok, fair enough, I never begrudge anybody blowing off steam. It sounds like you're talking about the Haye-Harrison fight, which was accepted immediately as a farce the second it was proposed. I didn't bother watching it at the time. Things like this happen when Sky are involved.

How it's being promoted is utterly irrelevant. Boxing has a long ugly history out of the ring; the mob openly controlled the heavyweight championship 50 years and, before it found it's way to the Klitschko's, it was more or less owned for the next 40 years by a convicted murder(King). The most celebrated fighter in history - Ali - would racially abuse opponents and propose that white fighters do the same to him, purely to hype a fight. The best fighter in history - Robinson - would routinely beat his wife so badly that she suffered more than one miscarriage. That's boxing.

What happens in the ring is what makes it a great sport and, in the ring, it's a fight between an explosive former titlist and a game top-10 contender.

The only good thing out of this is that the phrase 'I am going to physically shoot David Haye' coming in to my life.

I now use the word physically where it doesn't really belong at every opprtunity. 'I am going to physically play snooker' 'I am going to physically make a cup of tea' 'I am going to physically go for a sit down'.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Highly controversial, Tom, as I would have " he showed heart, you showed your toe" and " He glassed me, I'm not having it!" ahead of it.

Anyone know if you can just pay to watch the fight? I don't wanna sign up for anything on box nation and don't have a computer so can't stream it. When I go on box nation website it just asks me to pay for a years subscription

When I subscribed a while ago it was £10 (it still is) and no joining fee just a Tenner a month and no contract and I can just cancel with no charge,maybe they are trying to tie people into a contract because of this bout and the interest in it.

When I subscribed a while ago it was £10 (it still is) and no joining fee just a Tenner a month and no contract and I can just cancel with no charge,maybe they are trying to tie people into a contract because of this bout and the interest in it.

So the fight could just cost me a tenner and then cancell at anytime

Had anither look. Can watch online for £20 if I had a computer or will cost me £20 sign up plus £10 a month for 3 months absolutely shocking behaviour. Would have paid to watch too. Now gonna have to do wedding stuff instead, spent last night stuffing favour boxes with black and white chocolate hearts. 20 in each ffs.

Had anither look. Can watch online for £20 if I had a computer or will cost me £20 sign up plus £10 a month for 3 months absolutely shocking behaviour. Would have paid to watch too. Now gonna have to do wedding stuff instead, spent last night stuffing favour boxes with black and white chocolate hearts. 20 in each ffs.

When you're done with that, can you return to the station and physically return your man badge and man card please?