You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is going to win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win?

• I want Haye to win and I think he will
    • I want Chisora to win and I think he will
    • I don't want Haye to win, but I think he will
    • I don't want Chisora to win, but I think he will
    • I don't want either to win, I just hope they hurt each other

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chisora is a tubby sack of shit, Haye's speed and power was always going to be to much for him but Haye has already proved that against a technically competent boxer such as Klitschko he's incapable of unlocking a defence. If he somehow manages to parlay this victory into another crack at either of them, the outcome of that bout will be just as predicable as tonight's was.

This fight was just a big-money equivalent of a dust-up behind the bike sheds to settle who was the hardest kid in the year, the fact that Haye won it tells us nothing about him that we didn't already know. There's a few people in this world that I'd like to batter and it would be about as relevant to winning world titles as this fight was, I wonder if anyone would buy that on PPV.

Haha, as I type, Haye is talking about the Klitschkos, you could not make it up. I really liked Haye as a cruiserweight, thought he was a good fighter but he's heading deeper into self-parody with each passing day.

I think he is capable of giving Vitali a good fight.

He needs to fight differently than he did tonight but with a good gameplan off getting in and out quickly he can win a points decision over Vitali.

It would take a perfect night from him but Vitali isn't the quickest and fairly robotic and at his age can get old over night.

He isn't good when he has taken a big punch either.

This does nothing to convince me Haye can leave a mark of Vladamir or Vitali. They're just too big for him.

Also, does my head in the way the ring fills with nobodies in suits after the fight. I bet half of them have no business being there.

Vitali has declined pretty badly and can't punch anymore. He wins via attrition and with his dodgy knees & Haye's evasiveness (when he employs it)? The ingredients are there for a really intriguing contest. Haye won't beat Wladimir unless there's an uncharacteristic loss of focus, but the last fast puncher to land on Vitali was Corrie Sanders in 2004, and he hurt him. That a fighter as limited as Chisora was able to be competitive tells you where he is at this point in time. That he couldn't get rid of a shot Shannon Briggs offers an indicator.

Vitali is ripe for the picking and Haye has the tools, but if he gets the fight and is as unambitious as he was against Wlad, forget about it.

Oils and Adamek are in a 4 way tournament for a shot a the number 1 contender to Wlads IBF titles.

Like to see them too go if Solis can get his weight down and keep it down.

Cuban fighters are so frustrating when they are not pushed.Most throw there careers away by eating there way up 2/3 divisions.

I said Haye, middle rounds. Went for the 4th round in the prediction league, one out again. Twats.

I'm loathe to get into a debate about how well Haye would do against Vitali, mainly because he convinced me with his talk that he'd beat Wlad and we all know what a fucking let down that was. I'd rather see him fight Wlad again and actually have a go this time, beating an ageing and obviously on the slide Vitali doesn't give him any redemption in my eyes. Either fight Wlad, properly this time, or fuck off back under his stone.

Vitali has declined pretty badly and can't punch anymore. He wins via attrition and with his dodgy knees & Haye's evasiveness (when he employs it)? The ingredients are there for a really intriguing contest. Haye won't beat Wladimir unless there's an uncharacteristic loss of focus, but the last fast puncher to land on Vitali was Corrie Sanders in 2004, and he hurt him. That a fighter as limited as Chisora was able to be competitive tells you where he is at this point in time. That he couldn't get rid of a shot Shannon Briggs offers an indicator.

Vitali is ripe for the picking and Haye has the tools, but if he gets the fight and is as unambitious as he was against Wlad, forget about it.

Agree with this mate, Vitali is pretty much finished, i saw a massive decline against Chisora, he was fucked at the end.

I enjoyed that fight, great pace to it and Haye boxed really well. Chisora done too much swinging but he couldn't catch the speedy Haye. Great punch for the first knockdown and i don't know how Chisora got up, Haye has massive power, he even got up from the second knockdown. Great to see him put on his arse though he's a nasty fucker.

Positively, that was a proper HW fight tonight. For all the criticism these two have received in the past, be it for out of the antics or Haye's couple of overly defensive fights, this was much better than most of the fare the division has served up in recent years, and Haye's finishing combinations were something you never really see north of 200lbs.

Agree with this mate, Vitali is pretty much finished, i saw a massive decline against Chisora, he was fucked at the end.

My suspicion is that Vitali will go out against a plodding no-hoper and migrate to an invariably doomed career in politics. The Klitschkos are as calculating as any in the history of the sport, and there's no way Vitali is willing to take such a risk knowing, as he surely does, that the well has dried up.

I hope time proves me wrong, but I highly doubt that it will.

My suspicion is that Vitali will go out against a plodding no-hoper and migrate to an invariably doomed career in politics. The Klitschkos are as calculating as any in the history of the sport, and there's no way Vitali is willing to take such a risk knowing, as he surely does, that the well has dried up.

Yeah pretty sure i read his last fight is lined up and that's it, can't blame him either.

I have no problem with editing the post in the time I have left if that's what people want, although I'd argue that it's not hosted on their site, it's not in front of a receptive audience and, like it or not, that twat of a logo is something we see on a regular basis, be it on TV or at the shop. With that said, I have no problem with editing the post if I get prompted in the next few minutes.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just saying that it's a Liverpool site and it's showing the Scum. Not something I'm comfortable with. Not having a pop at your or anything.

Just saying that it's a Liverpool site and it's showing the Scum. Not something I'm comfortable with. Not having a pop at your or anything.

That's okay, I understand. It seems that the link has died now anyway, unless that's just on my connection. I'm happy for the post to be edited by a moderator, even though I don't feel it's akin to posting a link to their site or even something written by then.